PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rios?

getonbckthr
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
This link has me puzzled? So the guy is having 1 bad year and Toronto wants to get rid of him?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/jays-may-finally-act-on-slumping-stars/article1200104/

palehozenychicty
06-29-2009, 03:58 PM
He had a nice start last year too, but faded down the stretch. The Jays simply haven't recovered since the strike. The Skydome is now bleeding money too. It's sad, because I remember them being an excellent franchise for years. That being said, if Kenny can get him for nothing, then do it.

pythons007
06-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Wells might be for nothing because of that huge contract. Rios is going to cost an arm and a leg.

getonbckthr
06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Wells might be for nothing because of that huge contract. Rios is going to cost an arm and a leg.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

The Immigrant
06-29-2009, 04:55 PM

Rios is owed some $60 million in guaranteed money. His OPS is .744. If by "an arm and a leg" you mean (i) take the whole contract without any money thrown in by Toronto and (ii) throw in a decent prospect so J.P. Ricciardi can save some face, then you're probably close.