PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiousity...

shingo10
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Does anyone remember the supposed package we offered to the Marlins for Cabrera before the Tigers got him?

I think I remember it involving Fields and Konerko but I can't remember what else we offered.

I'm just curious because I think it was a pitcher but I can't remember who.

Sargeant79
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the package was built around Fields and Danks, but my memory might be betraying me. Anyone else remember anything different?

WhiteSoxFTW
06-29-2009, 03:43 PM
This is what I found just googling it.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/2007/12/04/white-sox-closing-in-on-cabrera/

Fields, Geo Gonzalez, and either Danks/Floyd.

Rohan
06-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks like it would have been a good trade for us. Especially with Poreda in the background.

But if I recall correctly we were really hurting in the pitching department at the time.

LoveYourSuit
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Looks like it would have been a good trade for us. Especially with Poreda in the background.

But if I recall correctly we were really hurting in the pitching department at the time.

I agree.

I think since Frank's departure, this line-up has badly lacked that jaw dropping complete hitter. The sample size on Quentin is way too small. Cabrera is one of those few line up anchors left out there.

Dye, Konerko, and Thome are supporting pieces in my book.

KMcMahon817
06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree.

I think since Frank's departure, this line-up has badly lacked that jaw dropping complete hitter. The sample size on Quentin is way too small. Cabrera is one of those few line up anchors left out there.

Dye, Konerko, and Thome are supporting pieces in my book.

Thats a pretty crazy statement. Look at JD's stats against all other major league outfielders in the past 5 seasons, then come say that again. JD is a complete hitter. That doesn't mean the Sox line-up couldn't use another.

central44
06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
I gotta say, i'd still rather have a pitcher like Danks than a hitter like Cabrera. I just think that pitching is more valuable than hitting, and when you have a 24 year old pitcher with legit ace potential and a changeup that has been compared to Johan Santana, you don't give it up when you already have a very good 1B in Konerko. I'm glad the trade didn't happen.

Rohan
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't like to see Konerko go. But at the same time, I'd love Cabrera as a DH. He's still in his prime in terms of power, and he's a better option than Thome in this stage in their career's.

That being said, I would very much dislike the trade if it meant we said good bye to Konerko.