PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for in each division?

ChicagoG19
06-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Ignoring the AL Central for obvious reasons, which teams are you rooting for to win their division.

NL East: Marlins-I like their young players (e.g. Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson)
NL Central: Pirates-I just want to see them end their losing streak
NL West: Giants- Rowand and Uribe

AL East: Blue Jays-I would love to see a Sox Jays playoff rematch.
AL West: Seattle Mariners- Griffey needs a ring (if the White Sox don't get there of course)

Shoeless
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Ignoring the AL Central for obvious reasons, which teams are rooting for to win their division.

NL East: Marlins - Gives a big finger to the big market teams in the NL (particularly the overrated mets)
NL Central: Pirates-Because the Cubs don't deserve it, the Brewers won't get it, the Reds are the Reds, the Cardinals are too easy of a pick, and at the time I was making this list, I for some reason decided to ignore Houston.
NL West: Giants- Rowand and that they're not the dodgers or the dbacks

AL East: Blue Jays- Because it would be nice to have a second straight year of a Boston or New York team missing the playoffs
AL West: Angels - because the Halos are the White Sox of Los Angeles.

Our lists are similar. Nice!

asindc
06-28-2009, 10:51 PM
AL East-Toronto

AL West- Seattle (for Griffey)

NL East- Mets (I like Manual, though I thought the decision to replace him at the time was a good one... it has turned out, ok, huh?:smile:)

NL Central- Milwaukee

NL West- San Francisco

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 10:53 PM
East - Tampa
Central - Duh
West - Texas

NL East - Atlanta
NL Central - St. Louis (my 2nd favorite team)
NL West - San Francisco

OldRomanPizza
06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
NL East - Florida (They win the World Series every six years don't you know)
NL Central - ABC (Anyone But Cubs)
NL West - L.A. Dodgers (After what they did for us last year)

Wild Card: S.F. Giants (Ex-Sox), Mets (Jerry, '69)

AL East - Toronto (Love that city, some cool fans as well)
AL Central - :cool:
AL West - Pick 'Em

Wild Card: Tampa Bay/Baltimore (No Yanks or Sawk!)

ohthosechisox
06-28-2009, 11:12 PM
AL East - Rays (Toronto would be okay, but they've really soured on me since they've beaten up on the Sox over the past couple of years)
AL West - Angels

NL East - Marlins
NL Central - Brewers (I'd love to see them have their chance to win the World Series)
NL West - Dodgers

pilotsox
06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
AL East - Blue Jays. Solid young core, fun team to watch, even if they kick our ass. And I particularly despise the Red Sox so as long as its anyone but them, I'm fine. Additionally, unlike most people, I have nothing against the Yankees. They do what everyone else wants to do, except better.

AL West - Oakland A's. I lived in Oakland for a while as a kid, too young to become any kind of true fan, but I like 'em in some small way. I also hate the Angels after the 2005 incidents.

NL East - Mets. I have several good friends who are Mets fans, and I always like Jerry Manual. I also hate the Phillies. Go to Penn State for a few years, put up with their God-awful fans, and you'll hate everything Philly.

NL Central - I'll go with St. Louis. I really don't give a damn about this division at all, but I like Pujols as a player (I LOVE watching the bomb he hit in the 2005 NLCS) so I guess they're my best choice.

NL West - Dodgers. I love that big core four they have: Ethier, Kemp, Loney and Martin. I'd trade half the roster for any of those guys. Damn fun team to watch.

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 11:33 PM
AL East-Rays/Jays
AL West-Mariners. Don't like the Rangers [seems like we always have problems there], would like to see someone besides the Angels get in, can't stand the A's, so Seattle.

NL East-Marlins or Braves
NL Central-Used to go to Cardinals games every summer with my dad.
NL West-Giants. Love watching their young pitching.

illini81887
06-29-2009, 12:04 AM
AL East-Rays
AL West-Angels
NL East-Mets
NL Central-Brewers
NL West-Dodgers

Whappeh
06-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Only other team I ever really pay attention to is the Marlins, since I'm from FL and hate the Rays.

Shoeless_Jeff
06-29-2009, 12:57 AM
AL East - Rays
Al West - Mariners

NL East - Nationals (Yes, I know they are awful)
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers

PKalltheway
06-29-2009, 07:32 AM
AL East- Toronto. If the Sox can't get it done in the Central for whatever reason, I'll definitely root for Toronto to get to the Fall Classic. I would love to see ol' Cito get another shot at a ring.
AL West- Texas

NL East- Phillies
NL Central- Reds
NL West- Rockies

Whitesoxfan23
06-29-2009, 08:03 AM
AL East- Rays
Al Central- Who else?
AL West- Mariners

NL East- Braves
NL Central- Cardinals ( My 2nd favorite team, I love everything about this ballclub).

NL West- Giants

Al- Wildcard- Bluejays

NL- Wildcard- Marlins

g0g0
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
AL East - Toronto because of rematch potential
AL West - Oakland because they've sucked for a long time

NL East - Mets because they keep screwing up
NL Central - Milwaukee because it's never their year
NL West - San Francisco because they don't have Bonds anymore

soxpride724
06-29-2009, 10:54 AM
A.L East-Rays beacause I hate New York and Boston.

A.L West-Seattle, I know they won't win it this year, but if I could pick the winner, it would be them.

N.L East-Mets beacause I hate Philly.

N.L Central- Cardinals beacause they are one of the National League teams I follow.

N.L West- Dodgers, same reason as the Cardinals.

Marqhead
06-29-2009, 11:11 AM
AL East - Rays, tons of great young players. Something different than the usual NY - Boston stuff.

AL West - No real preference this year. I've always liked the Angels and their pitching staff, even though most of it is hurt this year

NL East - Marlins, They've probably been my (extremely distant) second favorite team since they were created.

NL Central - Reds, Great young players again, and pitching to boot.

NL West - Rockies, Just because.

ChiSoxFan81
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm rooting for all the teams I picked in my pre-season predictions. With the exception of our Sox, I'm pretty spot-on so far. I had the Mets and Phillies flipped for division and wild card as of today.

LITTLE NELL
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
AL EAST.........Rays
AL CENTRAL...CWS
AL WEST........Angels

NL EAST........Marlins
NL CENTRAL..Brewers or Cardinals
NL WEST.......Dodgers

russ99
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
AL East - Red Sox, cause we'd kill them in the playoffs this year.
AL West - I like the A's but they'll trade everyone, so: Angels
NL East - Phillies. Can't stand the Mets and Braves.
NL Central - Astros - 2nd favorite team. Please guys just get ahead of the Cubs!
NL West - D-Backs - Cause Paulie will be playing there before too long. (teal?)

Tragg
06-29-2009, 06:18 PM
NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Houston; Pitt or Cincy would be good too
NL West: San Francisco

AL East: Don't care for any of them
AL West: Seattle I guess; the rest are objectionable

TDog
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I could root for the Giants because they are in another league. I have rooted for the Padres and Diamondbacks at times.

Otherwise, I have no rooting interests other than the White Sox.

There are teams I hate more than others. I really hate the Rays. But I hate the Yankees, and Red Sox more, and I almost hate the Blue Jays as much as I hate the Rays.

I hate the A's more than I hate the Yankees and Red Sox. I don't hate the Angels as much, and I hate the Rangers more than I hate the Angels. I hate the Mariners, but probably not as much as I hate the Angels.

I don't like the Dodgers at all, but I don't care enough about the National League to hate any of its teams very much.