PDA

View Full Version : oh, what if.......

waldo_the_wolf
06-28-2009, 05:01 PM
After today's total domination of the Cubs, it made me think about how easily the Sox could be 5-0 versus the Baby Bears this season if only a few things would have gone a little differently.

Yes I know this thread sucks and it's pointless to play the what if game but oh well.

Edit: I posted this before I read the postgame thread in the clubhouse and noticed a couple people beat me to this observation and this thread wasn't really imperative. Oh well again.

slavko
06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
As long as I'm here anyway......the 8-7 game could have been 6-7 very easily and we'd have spent the weekend in clinical depression. So "what if" is a 2 way street.

He gone
06-28-2009, 08:20 PM
What if Jessica Biel knocked on my front door and I answered and she threw herself on me??????????? :redneck

southside rocks
06-29-2009, 07:05 AM
What if I'd had all six numbers in the Powerball instead of just two? :D:

JohnTucker0814
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
What if Jessica Biel knocked on my front door and I answered and she threw herself on me??????????? :redneck

I'd be running as fast as I could to your house!!! That's what I'D be doing!

hawkjt
06-29-2009, 10:22 AM
What if I'd had all six numbers in the Powerball instead of just two? :D:

Blowing a 4 run lead vs the hapless Cubs with six outs to go is like having 5 of the numbers in powerball....thanks Scotty:angry:

Zisk77
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
How about this for a what if... the sox get tcq back, acquire a pitcher and run away with the divisi number at on. have the magic 1 when we play the make-up game at wrigley on Sept. 3rd and clinch on their field. :cool:

I bet their would be articles in the trib on how classless it was to celebrate on their field. :tongue:

Jimmy Piersall
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
How about this for a what if... the sox get tcq back, acquire a pitcher and run away with the divisi number at on. have the magic 1 when we play the make-up game at wrigley on Sept. 3rd and clinch on their field. :cool:

I bet their would be articles in the trib on how classless it was to celebrate on their field. :tongue:

"Dirty Southsiders denegrate Friendly Confines,turn beautiful
Wrigley Field into trash dump.Cub fans have never done this before".

pythons007
06-29-2009, 04:15 PM
What if the Sox trade:
Paul Konerko for Albert Pujols
Chris Getz for Brian Roberts
Scott Podsednik for Jason Bay
Brian Anderson for Carlos Beltran
Jose Contreras for Johan Santana
Bartolo Colon for Roy Halladay
Josh Fields for Miguel Cabrera

Now thats a what if!

Zisk77
06-29-2009, 09:41 PM
What if the Sox trade:

Now thats a what if!

Just say no to drugs...not Yo!

WhiteSoxOnly
06-29-2009, 10:33 PM
What if the Sox trade:

Now thats a what if!

Please...you know we'd have to get more than just Carlos Beltran
for Brian Anderson.

waldo_the_wolf
06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I've created a monster :tongue:

waldo_the_wolf
06-30-2009, 02:45 PM

Seriously though, wouldn't that be the most awesome thing on earth if the Sox could clinch at Wrigley. September 3rd would be too early but maybe that could be rained-out also so the same scenario as last year could play out where it would be a do or die make-up the last game of the season. Seeing the Sox celebrate on the field there would be 50x as huge as when the Red Sox won at Yankee Stadium in 2004. Gee, I wonder if ESPN would make as big a deal :rolleyes:

DSpivack
06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Seriously though, wouldn't that be the most awesome thing on earth if the Sox could clinch at Wrigley. September 3rd would be too early but maybe that could be rained-out also so the same scenario as last year could play out where it would be a do or die make-up the last game of the season. Seeing the Sox celebrate on the field there would be 50x as huge as when the Red Sox won at Yankee Stadium in 2004. Gee, I wonder if ESPN would make as big a deal :rolleyes:

I can't stand either team, but no, it wouldn't be bigger than that. Red Sox and Yankees is a bigger rivalry, and the Red Sox were going on to the World Series, not merely the playoffs.

waldo_the_wolf
07-01-2009, 02:39 AM
I can't stand either team, but no, it wouldn't be bigger than that. Red Sox and Yankees is a bigger rivalry, and the Red Sox were going on to the World Series, not merely the playoffs.

Right after I typed that part, I realized that wasn't really true. I guess I was just referring to the image of Sox players storming the field at Wrigley Field. It definitely wouldn't have the real magnitude of 04 since as you said the Red Sox had won the pennant and especially since they came back from 3-0.

DSpivack
07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Right after I typed that part, I realized that wasn't really true. I guess I was just referring to the image of Sox players storming the field at Wrigley Field. It definitely wouldn't have the real magnitude of 04 since as you said the Red Sox had won the pennant and especially since they came back from 3-0.

Fair enough.

It would still be a pretty crazy game.