PDA

View Full Version : The whining has begun!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-03-2002, 06:03 PM
ESPN Radio has Clayton on audio tape saying if he's hitting .300 he isn't dealing with this. He's complaining that the game has changed where even a top shortstop has to hit .300.

Even Mark Silverman added, "Well in fairness, if Royce hits just .250 he's not dealing with this."

The tip of the iceberg?

Jerry_Manuel
06-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
ESPN Radio has Clayton on audio tape saying if he's hitting .300 he isn't dealing with this. He's complaining that the game has changed where even a top shortstop has to hit .300.

Even Mark Silverman added, "Well in fairness, if Royce hits just .250 he's not dealing with this."

The tip of the iceberg?

What the hell? Doesn't this assclown see that he's hurting the team? He's still getting paid, so sit down and shut up.

MattSharp
06-03-2002, 07:02 PM
ESPN Radio has Clayton on audio tape saying if he's hitting .300 he isn't dealing with this.

.300? This makes me want to shook this *******. He isn't even hitting .200. How can you make a comment like this. There are like 5 SSs in all of the majors who can hit .300, nobody is asking for .300. What a ********.....

Jerry_Manuel
06-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Stats for ML SS's (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?split=82&league=9&season=2002&seasonType=2&sort=avg&type=batreg)

Just for the record.

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 07:22 PM
:hitless
"This is bull! They don't make Frank play defense, why should I have to hit?"

FanOf14
06-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Great post MarqSox! LMAO!!!!!!!!

baggio202
06-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Great post MarqSox! LMAO!!!!!!!!

ditto..lmao :D:

Tavarin
06-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Stats for ML SS's (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?split=82&league=9&season=2002&seasonType=2 &sort=avg&type=batreg)

Just for the record.

Well, he has the most at bats w/ the lowest average....and he thinks he deserves to whine? HAH

RedPinStripes
06-03-2002, 08:04 PM
This guy is such an *******, it's not even funny.
****in prick! Don't slip a disk tieing graffy's shoes!

RKMeibalane
06-03-2002, 10:48 PM
...Frank Thomas is arguably the best hitter of the current generation of Major League players. He has been the White Sox best player for years, in spite of the fact that he isn't a great fielder. You, on the other hand, are not one of the better defensive shortstops in the game. The fact that you play defense does not amount to the production that Frank Thomas provides at the plate. Besides, if Frank absolutely had to play in the field, I'm sure he would manage somehow. You couldn't get a hit at gunpoint. Have a nice day!

Tragg
06-03-2002, 10:53 PM

The tip of the iceberg?

yet another reason why this clown has no business in MLB, much less as a member of the chicago white sox. clubhouse cancer to go along with the worst hitter in baseball history.

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...Frank Thomas is arguably the best hitter of the current generation of Major League players. He has been the White Sox best player for years, in spite of the fact that he isn't a great fielder. You, on the other hand, are not one of the better defensive shortstops in the game. The fact that you play defense does not amount to the production that Frank Thomas provides at the plate. Besides, if Frank absolutely had to play in the field, I'm sure he would manage somehow. You couldn't get a hit at gunpoint. Have a nice day!

I'll cut you punk.

Tragg
06-03-2002, 10:55 PM

Exactly.

And what clayton also fails to realize is that he is NOT one of the best fielders of either today or his generation.

CubKilla
06-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Someone should tap Royce on the shoulder and let him know that, at this point, all Sox fans want to see is for him to consistently over the Mendoza line. Is that too much to ask of a multi-million dollar-a-year major league SS? And considering Royce is now approximately .025 points under, I'd say Sox fans have a legit gripe. By the way, Royce you idiot, we're not asking for you to hit .300 you moron.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Royce Clayton doesn't get it. The Sox are not asking him to .300 every season. What do they do expect of him, however, is that he provide adequate production at the plate as part of the Sox lineup. That isn't too much to ask, for most players anyway. The Sox originally set fairly low standards for the journeyman infielder, and he failed to meet those. When that happens, it is usually a sign that the player in question sucks.

I'm sure Clayton feels he's being cheated by management because of his demotion to bench, but as far as I'm concerned, he should be counting his blessings. Were it not for his salary, he would have been released long ago, especially after hitting .099 as late as May 23, 2001. He has done nothing to help the White Sox since he has been in Chicago. There are pitchers who are more dangerous at the plate than he is. That's pathetic.

A few people, myself included, have speculated about the possibility of Joe Crede receiving a promotion in order to improve the Sox's offense. I don't know if that is going to happen, but I do think that leaving Clayton on the bench is a good short-term solution. He has hurt the Sox more than he has helped them.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2002, 11:02 PM
...you couldn't cut me. You would swing the knife and miss.

voodoochile
06-03-2002, 11:06 PM
So, I'm at the game last Wednesday (boy did that suck) and my friend asks me how Royce is hitting this year. I say, ".197, but on the bright side, that's 100 points higher than last year at this time..."

He sits for one game and is already whining? Man, please cut this putz. He's a cancer. We can bring up Crede anyway, he is already on the 40 man roster...

We really need a Fire Royce tag...

:fireroyce

But the "Banned One" would probably tell me I need therapy...

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 11:14 PM
...you couldn't cut me. You would swing the knife and miss.

You people and your obsession with "swinging." Defense is my specialty. I'd throw the knife at you, I never make throwing errors.

:manos
Oh c'mon Royce, that's assuming you'd have the range to knock the knife down. Putz.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2002, 11:22 PM
I can see it now, Royce. You would throw the knife, and Ray Durham would drop it and lose the force-out at second base.

jklm
06-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Of course he will whine since this is his walk year! Imagine how "productive" he will be if he does not feel the pressure of free agency ! (Hint: see last year)

LuvChiSox
06-04-2002, 08:40 AM
While trolling the MLB message boards yesterday, I noticed there are a lot of people over there defending Choice.

It's a relief to come over here and be amongst the Sox fans with brains!

steff
06-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Someone should tap Royce on the shoulder and let him know that, at this point, all Sox fans want to see is for him to consistently over the Mendoza line. Is that too much to ask of a multi-million dollar-a-year major league SS? And considering Royce is now approximately .025 points under, I'd say Sox fans have a legit gripe. By the way, Royce you idiot, we're not asking for you to hit .300 you moron.

I'll let him know tonight... or Thursday (in case of rain tonight)
:D:

duke of dorwood
06-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Obviously he has turned off any slight support he was retaining with his buffoonery.

I'm 100 points better than last year-MLB most improved player, thanks to my new hair.

MarqSox
06-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Anybody else see this quote in the Trib?

"I'm not the kind of person who's going to use the media to try to voice my opinion. I think people all throughout baseball know what type of player I am."

steff
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Anybody else see this quote in the Trib?

OMG... does he really want his fellow peers outwardly saying how they feel about him..? He's got to be on something.. get the cup out.

MarqSox
06-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by steff3603

OMG... does he really want his fellow peers outwardly saying how they feel about him..? He's got to be on something.. get the cup out.

Yeah no kidding. Also ironic how he tells the media he isn't going to voice his opinion in the media, thereby contradicting himself.