PDA

View Full Version : Cub Joke

Danryan
06-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Overheard this one at the cell,
What do the Cubs and Yankees have in common?
Neither team has won a World Series in their new Ballparks!

WSox597
06-28-2009, 07:02 AM
I like it, I'll have to pass that one around. :D:

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 09:14 AM
First of all, jokes are meant to induce laughter. There was nothing funny in this slightly incorrect statement of fact.

It is slightly incorrect because NOBODY has won a World Series since the new Yankee Stadium opened THIS YEAR.

If the season ended today, the Yankees are the Wild Card team. This means they are in the playoffs. This means they have a chance at going to the World Series. This means they have a chance at winning the World Series.

Just sayin'.

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2009, 09:24 AM
It is slightly incorrect because NOBODY has won a World Series since the new Yankee Stadium opened THIS YEAR.

Right. I say give it five years, and if all things stay the same, then it will be funny. :D:

TommyJohn
06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
First of all, jokes are meant to induce laughter. There was nothing funny in this slightly incorrect statement of fact.

If the season ended today, the Yankees are the Wild Card team. This means they are in the playoffs. This means they have a chance at going to the World Series. This means they have a chance at winning the World Series.

Just sayin'.

That is the umpteenth version of that joke to appear on the boards.

bridgeportcopper
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Just sayin'.

relax, he is not making any fun of Yankees (and if he was, who cares), but merely the fact that Wrigley is a "new" stadium that has seen 0 championships.

Taliesinrk
06-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Jeez people... tough crowd I guess. I thought it was humorous.

BleacherBandit
06-28-2009, 12:38 PM

Just sayin'.

It's this fallacy that MAKES IT A JOKE.

06-28-2009, 01:09 PM

Just sayin'.

Wow.

Goose
06-28-2009, 02:35 PM

Just sayin'.

Decaf.

ILuvThatDuck
06-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Just sayin'.

:scratch:

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 03:05 PM
If someone wants to be Flubsessed, so be it. But if you're going to tell a Flub joke, it should at least make sense to be funny.

I suppose next year this time people will be busting a gut when the name "Yankees" is replaced with the name "Twins."

LongLiveFisk
06-28-2009, 03:08 PM
If someone wants to be Flubsessed, so be it. But if you're going to tell a Flub joke, it should at least make sense to be funny.

I suppose next year this time people will be busting a gut when the name "Yankees" is replaced with the name "Twins."

Guess I was the only one that got what you were saying, Dump. :dunno:

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Guess I was the only one that got what you were saying, Dump. :dunno:
Some people love to laugh at the Cubs no matter what. You can say "the sky is blue and so are the Cubs" and some people would double up in hysterics.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
You really shouldn't put the Yankees and Cubs in the same "joke." The Cubs are a joke of their own.

Red Barchetta
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Not really. I think the joke, although a little premature, is funny. The Yankees and their 26 WS titles is the punch line. The Twins or any other team that has a new ballpark doesn't provide the same emotion.

If the Yankees don't win the World Series this year, this is a good joke. What would make it even funnier is if the Yankees made it to the World Series and then lost. :D:

spawn
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Not really. I think the joke, although a little premature, is funny. The Yankees and their 26 WS titles is the punch line. The Twins or any other team that has a new ballpark doesn't provide the same emotion.

If the Yankees don't win the World Series this year, this is a good joke. What would make it even funnier is if the Yankees made it to the World Series and then lost. :D:
No...it would still be an unfunny, stupid joke.

It's Dankerific
06-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Can't we just agree that people have different senses of humor and what may be funny to you isn't funny to others and vice versa?

Or is there one, governing body of joke telling?

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I would not use the word "joke" to describe the statement.

spawn
06-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Good point.

Red Barchetta
06-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Can't we just agree that people have different senses of humor and what may be funny to you isn't funny to others and vice versa?

Or is there one, governing body of joke telling?

No. All jokes need to receive the "official" approval from Spawn. :rolleyes:

Goose
06-28-2009, 04:04 PM

The real joke is over analyzing something that should be lighthearted.

spawn
06-28-2009, 04:06 PM
No. All jokes need to receive the "official" approval from Spawn. :rolleyes:
As long as you people recognize this, I won't have to tell you later when I shoot down yet another stupid joke posted here.:wink:

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Maybe it was the delivery that made it hilarious.

spawn
06-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe it was the delivery that made it hilarious.
I'm guessing you had to be there. :shrug:

october23sp
06-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Harsher than my goatee.

waldo_the_wolf
06-28-2009, 05:21 PM
:popcorn:

OldRomanPizza
06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Lou Pinella is down at US Cellular to get some tips from Ozzie Guillen

Pinella asks "Ozzie, your team always looked sharp and alert in 2005. How did you keep them on they're toes during all those long playoff games?"
Guillen replies "I like to ask them hard questions while they train or play. So they know they must be concentrating at all times."
Guillen calls over Mark Buehrle. "Mark, got a question for you. I'm you're fathers son, but i'm not your brother. Who am i?".
Buerhle replies "Thats easy boss, the answer is me".
"Good job Buehrle" and Buehrle goes back to warming up.

The next day, Pinella is back at Wrigley. He calls over Carlos Zambrano.
"Big Z, i got a question for you. I'm you're fathers son, but i'm not your brother. Who am i?
Zambrano looks puzzled "Eeehhhh i dunno. Can i get back to you on that one boss, its quite tricky".
Zambrano jogs over to teammate Derrick Lee and asks the question to him. Lee tells him "The answer is me".
After training Zambrano goes up to Pinella with the answer. "Lou, i know the answer now. The answer is Derrick Lee"

Pinella looks annoyed "Dang Gummit Carlos, you're wrong. The answer is Mark Buehrle!!"

ILuvThatDuck
06-28-2009, 09:37 PM

Pinella asks "Ozzie, your team always looked sharp and alert in 2005. How did you keep them on they're toes during all those long playoff games?"
Guillen replies "I like to ask them hard questions while they train or play. So they know they must be concentrating at all times."
Guillen calls over Mark Buehrle. "Mark, got a question for you. I'm you're fathers son, but i'm not your brother. Who am i?".

"Big Z, i got a question for you. I'm you're fathers son, but i'm not your brother. Who am i?
Zambrano looks puzzled "Eeehhhh i dunno. Can i get back to you on that one boss, its quite tricky".
Zambrano jogs over to teammate Derrick Lee and asks the question to him. Lee tells him "The answer is me".
After training Zambrano goes up to Pinella with the answer. "Lou, i know the answer now. The answer is Derrick Lee"

Pinella looks annoyed "Dang Gummit Carlos, you're wrong. The answer is Mark Buehrle!!"

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

34rancher
06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
relax, he is not making any fun of Yankees (and if he was, who cares), but merely the fact that Wrigley is a "new" stadium that has seen 0 championships.
Um, I think that is an incorrect statement. I believe that Wrigley has seen many championships...I believe the Bears won more than their fair share there. :cool:

asindc
06-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Jeez people... tough crowd I guess. I thought it was humorous.

It is humorous.

october23sp
06-28-2009, 09:47 PM

Thats a good joke.

rowand33
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM

Just sayin'.

Further confirmation that at least 50% of this board is ****ing joyless.

Iwritecode
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I heard this same joke a few years ago except it was Cardinals instead of Yankees.