PDA

View Full Version : Home Run Bunt

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 01:28 AM
You don't see this every day in baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5272951&c_id=ana

BleacherBandit
06-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Obviously, it was just two errors. But still, it's incredible.

You really had me there--I thought I was going to see somebody bunt a ball over the fence. :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 03:01 AM
You really had me there--I thought I was going to see somebody bunt a ball over the fence. :tongue:
That's exactly the thought that came to my mind as well when reading the title. Still that was an amazing comedy of errors on Arizona's part. I don't think even Alexei could do something like that. :wink:

WhiteSox5187
06-28-2009, 03:27 AM
That's pretty pathetic. I once saw something like that happen in Little League, and that was the last and only time i ever though I would see that. Evidently not.

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 09:36 AM
That's exactly the thought that came to my mind as well when reading the title. Still that was an amazing comedy of errors on Arizona's part. I don't think even Alexei could do something like that. :wink:

That's pretty pathetic. I once saw something like that happen in Little League, and that was the last and only time i ever though I would see that. Evidently not.

Yeah, little league is one thing, but the DBacks have to be pretty embarrassed about that play.

TDog
06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, little league is one thing, but the DBacks have to be pretty embarrassed about that play.

In major league games, I have seen legitimate doubles on bunts, that is players making it to second base without a wild throw.

And in 1970 in a game not involving the White Sox (I think it was a Twins game -- I simply have forgotten the players involved), a hitter struck out, apparently to end the inning. Everyone left the field although the umpire didn't signal an out. The hitter ran down to first. Seeing no one making a play on him, he continued on to second and third. By the time he got greedy and tried to score, two players from defense ran out onto the field and got him out at the plate -- thwarting what would have been a strikeout home run.

Lately, I've been wondering if defense is a lost art. Anyone who thinks the Sox can't be taken seriously because they have been making some errors on defense should look around to see what hilariously bad defense is. The Mets lost a game to the Yankees on an infield popup (redundant, sure, but kids today consider high flies to outfielders to be popups) that was dropped by the second baseman with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, allowing the tying and winning run to score. Another team, I'm not sure if it was the Diamondbacks, lost a game on a ball dropped by the first baseman to allow the winning run to score.

chunk
06-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I think Jose Valentin gave up a bunt double when he was still with us. They had a shift on and he charged, but it got past him and went up the line so there was no one near it for 50 ft.

october23sp
06-28-2009, 04:21 PM
You don't see this every day in baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5272951&c_id=ana

You obviously don't coach little kids baseball. You see that every other play.:tongue::redneck