PDA

View Full Version : Derosa Traded to the Cardinals per ESPN

MarkZ35
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Derosa to Cardinals per ESPN. At least we don't have to face him this week.

thedudeabides
06-27-2009, 11:00 PM
According to ESPN.

For RHP Chris Perez and ptbnl.

DirtySox
06-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Just saw it a second ago myself. I wonder if they are still after Holliday now?

BigP50
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
well the Cubs can forget about getting him now

MarkZ35
06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
If they are, they may be favorites now to win the NL. Then Pujols would have even a little protection.

DumpJerry
06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
As can we. Not that the Indians would be dumb enough to trade him to a division rival.

Now the Cubs can worry about facing him.

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
And the Cubs can forget about winning their division as well. 102 years now?

DrCrawdad
06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Hear that sound? It's the sound of Cubbie hearts breaking.

Marqhead
06-27-2009, 11:17 PM
This is a solid trade for the Cards, but I'm sure the Indians will get a more than decent PTBNL.

illini81887
06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
hahaha

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Hear that sound? It's the sound of Cubbie hearts breaking.
Are you gonna cry, Crawdad?

KRS1
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Perez has one hell of an arm and some crazy stuff, but he also has a hard time finding the zone more often than not.

soxnut1018
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM
When he returns to Wrigley do they still give him a Standing O?

The Immigrant
06-27-2009, 11:38 PM
This is one of those Shapiro trades that everyone lauds at first but then it never really works out. They gave up three pitchers for half a year of DeRosa and now are getting a guy that can't find work in a truly awful Cardinal bullpen. I guess that's how you find yourself headed towards year 9 of that 5-year rebuilding plan you put together in 2001...

Indians suck.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Are you gonna cry, Crawdad?

Yes, if the Sox lose any series to the Indians the rest of 2009.

chisoxfanatic
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Not after he tees off of Zambrano causing him to smash the water fountain and half the clubhouse.

thedudeabides
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Here's an official link. Keep in mind the ptbnl could be a pretty decent prospect, so it's too early to judge this trade. Still a nice addition for the Cards.

mlb.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090627&content_id=5574664&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Jerome
06-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Dero would veto this trade if he truly cared about the Cubbies! How can he do this after all the standing ovations last week???

soltrain21
06-28-2009, 12:12 AM
As can we. Not that the Indians would be dumb enough to trade him to a division rival.

Now the Cubs can worry about facing him.

When were we ever going to get him?

ChiSoxGirl
06-28-2009, 12:16 AM
This is a huge pick-up for the Red Birds!!! :bandance:

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 12:26 AM
If they are, they may be favorites now to win the NL. Then Pujols would have even a little protection.

I don't see why not. DeRosa can play many positions, plus their offense has been awful outside of Pujols [Ludwick is looking like a one-year wonder].

With the Cardinals as my 2nd favorite team, it'd be nice if they can get another bat. I think Matt Holliday is pretty overrated, but he's easily an upgrade right now over any of their OFs.

EDIT: BTW, I had Sportscenter on in the background, heard a John Rooney call and got excited. Then realized he's been with the Cards for years now.

thedudeabides
06-28-2009, 12:58 AM
The real loser in this deal is Chris Perez. He's a young, hard throwing reliever, suppose to top out at 100. He has had some control issues, so he hasn't been able to put it together yet, but is suppose to be very promising. Now, you get shipped off to Cleveland, where relief pitchers careers go to die. I'm convinced if Papelbon was traded to the Indians, he would suck.

spongyfungy
06-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Cub fans are going ballistic on wgn radio. they are venting and pretty upset. from a cubs fan point of view, the worst place derosa could have gone

soltrain21
06-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Cub fans are going ballistic on wgn radio. they are venting and pretty upset. from a cubs fan point of view, the worst place derosa could have gone

I don't get why Cubs fans are acting like he was there for so many years. They hold him higher than some Sox fans hold Rowand, and that seems impossible.

JB98
06-28-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't get why Cubs fans are acting like he was there for so many years. They hold him higher than some Sox fans hold Rowand, and that seems impossible.

I think DeRosa's legend grew when Aramis Ramirez got injured. The Cubbie faithful have been dealing with Fontenot, Miles, Scales and Fox, et al., at third base. They can't help but think their team would be in first place if only good ol' DeRo were still around to play whatever position he was needed at.

Cuck the Fubs
06-28-2009, 01:41 AM
This just in.........

The entire Wrigleyville area has been put on suicide watch :D:

I LOVE this trade!

GO CARDS!:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
The entire Wrigleyville area has been put on suicide watch :D:
Everyone in Wrigleyville collectively inhaled their last breath...So, that explains the little hole in the ozone layer.

Cuck the Fubs
06-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Everyone in Wrigleyville collectively inhaled their last breath...So, that explains the little hole in the ozone layer.

I think I'm going to be purchasing a " D RO " Cardinals T Shirt Jersey...that should be a HUGE hit with some of my buddies :wink:

South Side Irish
06-28-2009, 01:49 AM
I think I'm going to be purchasing a " D RO " Cardinals T Shirt Jersey...that should be a HUGE hit with some of my buddies :wink:

Being as big a Cards fan as I am a Sox fan, I went to MLB.com to buy one, and they wouldn't let me. I guess I'll have to wait!

Cuck the Fubs
06-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Being as big a Cards fan as I am a Sox fan, I went to MLB.com to buy one, and they wouldn't let me. I guess I'll have to wait!

I just did the same thing...lol....check back tomorrow!

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 02:28 AM
I do already own a Pujols t-shirt...That might not be a bad idea either!

IF I ever go back to Wrigley again, it would be to see the Cardinals demolish them. And I would wear my Pujols shirt. I just couldn't be there for Sox/Cubs. I couldn't enjoy myself.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2009, 08:50 AM
:roflmao:

doublem23
06-28-2009, 08:55 AM

My Cub-fan brother was convinced that if DeRosa had a game-winning hit when he came to Wrigley with the Indians, at least 1/2 the fans there would have applauded him.

I guess now he gets more chances to prove him right.

ohthosechisox
06-28-2009, 01:47 PM
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, check out Carl's new Smells Like Mascot comic. I think it's genius. :smile:

http://smellslikemascot.blogspot.com/2009/06/fate-loves-cubs-wedgies.html

Red Barchetta
06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
My Cub-fan brother was convinced that if DeRosa had a game-winning hit when he came to Wrigley with the Indians, at least 1/2 the fans there would have applauded him.

I guess now he gets more chances to prove him right.

...another major difference between Cub and SOX fans. I agree about recognizing and giving applause to a former player during his first AB, however I never wanted any former player, including my favorite Frank Thomas, to ever beat us. And if he did, I certainly would not applaud.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
...another major difference between Cub and SOX fans. I agree about recognizing and giving applause to a former player during his first AB, however I never wanted any former player, including my favorite Frank Thomas, to ever beat us. And if he did, I certainly would not applaud.
Are you surprised though? Cubs fans don't care about winning.

Shoeless
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Are you surprised though? Cubs fans don't care about winning.

Exactly. I understand that the cubs need a second baseman, but DeRosa wasn't just going to make Milton Bradley grow a pair or make Kevin Greg's glasses look more intimidating. The Cubs fans just want DeRosa back. My friend admits he still plans to buy a "D-Ro" cubs jersey.

StillMissOzzie
06-29-2009, 02:28 AM

I think that in large part, the anguish comes from female Cubs fans for non-baseball reasons. I think a more valid comparison would be like when Pods left the Sox.

But what's not to like? He is out of the AL Central, so maybe the Sox will be able to beat the Tribe a bit more often. He's back in the NL Central, primed to kick some more Cubbie ass.

SMO
:gulp:

veeter
06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
This is one of those Shapiro trades that everyone lauds at first but then it never really works out. They gave up three pitchers for half a year of DeRosa and now are getting a guy that can't find work in a truly awful Cardinal bullpen. I guess that's how you find yourself headed towards year 9 of that 5-year rebuilding plan you put together in 2001...

Indians suck.I agree. He and Eric Wedge are extremely overrated.

Chicken Dinner
06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Most Cub fans don't even know who DeRosa is. :?:

WhiteSox1989
06-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I think that in large part, the anguish comes from female Cubs fans for non-baseball reasons. I think a more valid comparison would be like when Pods left the Sox.

But what's not to like? He is out of the AL Central, so maybe the Sox will be able to beat the Tribe a bit more often. He's back in the NL Central, primed to kick some more Cubbie ass.

SMO
:gulp:

Don't speak for all of us! :D: