PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone really surprised

Frankie5Angels
06-26-2009, 11:34 PM
That this team is bad? We have a 3rd baseman who has never played the position before, who is hitting .180 with no power, another 3b hitting .233 with no power, we have a CF who is hitting .237 with no power, we have a 2nd baseman who is hitting .236, we have a SS playing lackadaisical defense and who swings like he is trying to pull everything onto the Dan Ryan, we have a bench who has a total of 2 pinch hits in 47 tries, I believe. This is just a bad baseball team that KW put together, he is the one who should be held responsible for this season. Why he didn't sign Orlando Hudson I will never understand. I'm not saying he would solve all our problems, but Getz is not an everyday 2nd baseman, and never will be. This season is on KW, and no one should be surprised how terrible this team actually is.

Windy City
06-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Nope. The Sox were constructed to just be good enough to be average. Kenny did not want to go into full rebuilding mode, but he wanted some youth on the squad as well. That middle of road construction of the team has created this false belief that the Sox can win the division.

JB98
06-26-2009, 11:40 PM
There have been worse White Sox teams. The Sox were really bad when I was growing up in the late 1980s. The older fans will talk to you about 1970 and 1976. Those were TERRIBLE teams.

But, to answer your question, no. I'm not surprised they are struggling.

Frankie5Angels
06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
There have been worse White Sox teams. The Sox were really bad when I was growing up in the late 1980s. The older fans will talk to you about 1970 and 1976. Those were TERRIBLE teams.

But, to answer your question, no. I'm not surprised they are struggling.
I was born in 64, so I remeber some of those teams, I should have been more clear, this is a terrible offensive team and defensive team.

JB98
06-27-2009, 12:11 AM
I was born in 64, so I remeber some of those teams, I should have been more clear, this is a terrible offensive team and defensive team.

I guess I'm surprised that they've been so inept at home offensively. If there is a surprise, that would be it.

But nothing about the bad defense is shocking. I expected the infield defense to be a major weakness, and it is the biggest weakness of the team. Extra outs, extra bases, inability to hold runners, mental mistakes. It's a bad defensive team.

06-27-2009, 12:37 AM

What the **** is up with your username?

TDog
06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
This team isn't so bad.

LoveYourSuit
06-27-2009, 01:13 AM
I think this team along with the '07 are astronomical failures compared to any of those from the 80s 60s and 70s because of the fact that this is a top 10 payroll every years since 2005.

october23sp
06-27-2009, 01:13 AM
What the **** is up with your username?

Right back at ya.

BainesHOF
06-27-2009, 01:33 AM
It's disappointing to see Beckham struggling so badly in the field and at the plate. He clearly isn't ready for the big leagues, and it isn't his fault either. It's not the place to learn a new position, especially when you're having all kinds of trouble adjusting to big-league pitching. It's a reckless way to handle such a top prospect.

This team has loads of questions at second, short and third. It looks like we have three second basemen. Ramirez is showing a disturbing lack of understanding of what it takes to be an everyday shortstop (and a No. 2 hitter for that matter). We don't have a real third baseman.

By the way, what's Poreda doing rotting in the bullpen?

Who are we going to trade? Jenks? Dye? Konerko? Thome? Podsednik? Contreras?

When are we going to have a major leaguer in center field?

The makeup of this team is a mess.

Harry Potter
06-27-2009, 01:43 AM
:popcorn:

Lip Man 1
06-27-2009, 01:54 AM
With apologies to Dennis Green, 'the White Sox are who we thought they were..'

An inconsistent team that simply doesn't have the talent or ability to get on a consistent roll. They make attempts to do so, then shoot themselves in the foot losing very winnable games.

Finishing over .500 would at least make the season respectable and they can certainly still do that but it's been a disappointment so far on many levels.

Lip

Sox
06-27-2009, 02:25 AM
This team just absolutely shows flashes of brilliance sometimes and then turns around and absolutely baffles me. For example, the Sox take 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers and then turn around and lose to the Scrubs....losing to the scrubs hurts the most because of my general dislike for the scrubs and the fact that I think that the Sox should have the scrubs number because I really don't believe that the Scrubs are that good. I'm done now. My apologies for using the word :scrubs so much. :gosox:

4 points
06-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Well, on a brighter note, We have that 2 men covering 2nd on a steal attempt down pat.:scratch:

Shoeless
06-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, on a brighter note, We have that 2 men covering 2nd on a steal attempt down pat.:scratch:

Two heads are better than one, I guess.

doublem23
06-27-2009, 09:33 AM
We're going to have to disagree on what our definition of bad is. The Sox have been hovering around .500 all year, despite missing their MVP candidate from 2008 for almost the entire season.

I know Fields, and to lesser degrees, Getz and Bacon have been dissapointing this year, but this team really isn't very bad, they're just very mediocre.

southside rocks
06-27-2009, 09:44 AM
It's a bunch of kids learning on the job. No, it's not going to show the same ability and experience that the Dodgers do. But young players have to learn, and this is -- in spite of what KW says -- a building for the future team.

And what's with the hate for Chris Getz? He's a perfectly good, and sometimes very good, second baseman. An All-Star Gold Glove? Probably not, but who expected that from him?

Beckham is impressing me quite a lot.

Ramirez needs a good slap upside the head and Ozzie seems to be in the process of delivering that to him.

Fields will probably do better with another team, and seems likely to be dealt at some point.

If all those guys are still playing this way 3-5 years in the future, then that WILL be a crap team. But right now, it's an uneven team with a lot of fading veterans and kids learning their craft.