PDA

View Full Version : Ump who ejected Manuel/Johnson

neal
06-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Someone at school today told me he was fired, but I have no backup of this. Anyone read this in an article or something?

MattSharp
06-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Hmm, nothing on ESPN. I don't know. I would call the Score or ESPN Radio and ask. They would be able to tell you, but that would be news to me.....

WinningUgly!
06-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by neal
Someone at school today told me he was fired, but I have no backup of this. Anyone read this in an article or something?

What the hell would he be fired for? With thier union, umpires can do damn near anything they want, not that this guy did anything wrong.

Daver
06-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

What the hell would he be fired for? With thier union, umpires can do damn near anything they want, not that this guy did anything wrong.

The Umpires union is a joke,it is run from Bud Selig's office.

WinningUgly!
06-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by daver

The Umpires union is a joke,it is run from Bud Selig's office.

True, but there's still no way an ump gets the ax for getting into it with a manager & tossing him. :D:

FanOf14
06-03-2002, 07:51 PM
I'd be happy with a fine/suspension when they obviously have their heads up their respective arses.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2002, 10:26 PM
The umpires have been doing a poor job recently. The most noticeable example of their incompetence was the call made by Larry Young on the foul ball hit by Durazo that was ruled a homerun. How anyone could miss something so obvious is beyond me.

Officiating has become a problem in all of sports over the past few years. As players get strong and faster, the officials have a harder time keeping up with the action on the field. But having said that, these guys are supposed to be the best in the world at what they do, and if they can't made the right call on an obvious play, then changes need to be made.