PDA

View Full Version : Surprise surprise, Milton Bradley is nuts and Lou whines

TheAnswer32
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/did-piniella-and-bradley-have-it-out.html

Bradley was pulled in the 6th and Piniella kicked him out of the stadium.

DumpJerry
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
:reinsy
I expect a check tomorrow for that Gatorade machine.

Viva Medias B's
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I am in no way defending what Bradley did, and Piniella did the right thing absolutely. But I wish someone in our dugout would show some sign of a heartbeat. I am not saying a Sox coach or player should smash a Gatorade dispenser or throw something at Ozzie, but at least they should show some sign to us that they have a problem with the way things are going.

Foulke You
06-26-2009, 06:45 PM
The Cubs are getting what they deserve with Bradley. Everyone in baseball knows the guy is a space cadet but the Cubs thought that he'd be a perfect fit for their troubles. I laughed when they signed him and I'm laughing even harder now.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's what Lou had to say.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5252941

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
I gotta give Lou some credit. It is about time. Getting pissed off once in a while is one thing, but a regular occurance is not appropriate. More and more Cubs fans are starting to agree with me about Bradley though. :D:

DSpivack
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
I gotta give Lou some credit. It is about time. Getting pissed off once in a while is one thing, but a regular occurance is not appropriate. More and more Cubs fans are starting to agree with me about Bradley though. :D:

Why they ever signed him, I don't know.

DumpJerry
06-26-2009, 09:23 PM
He just wants some love and understanding (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-27-cubs-milton-bradley-side-jun27,0,40471.story). They keep getting rid of his friends on the team.

whitesoxfan
06-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Why they ever signed him, I don't know.

He was either 1st or 2nd in the league in slugging last year. Make no mistake about it, the guy has talent. But seven teams in nine years sort of tells you all you need to know about him.

I bet they really regret passing on Dunn and Abreu.

DickAllen72
06-26-2009, 09:49 PM
He was either 1st or 2nd in the league in slugging last year. Make no mistake about it, the guy has talent. But seven teams in nine years sort of tells you all you need to know about him.

KW should offer Hendry Dewayne Wise for him just for ****s and giggles.

getonbckthr
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM
KW should offer Hendry Dewayne Wise for him just for ****s and giggles.
Hendry would probably accept it.

Cuck the Fubs
06-26-2009, 10:38 PM
All I have to say here is this....

The Cubs and him are a match made in heaven...they deserve each other!

sullythered
06-26-2009, 11:04 PM

Meh. His career numbers show he's basically Aaron Rowand with slightly less home run power and way, way worse defense.

Nellie_Fox
06-27-2009, 01:41 AM
He was either 1st or 2nd in the league in slugging last year. Make no mistake about it, the guy has talent.He was on a one-year contract. Give him a few years of security, and he becomes himself.

white sox bill
06-27-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm not saying he is NOT wacko, but every time I have seen him in interviews, in the lockeroom etc. he doesn't come across as a butthead (see Alert Belle). He actually seems calm, cool and collected. But I'd say his elevator stops one story short:smile:

southside rocks
06-27-2009, 09:17 AM
It's no surprise at all.

If you adopt a dog that isn't housebroken, you can't be surprised when it poops everywhere in your house.

If you sign Milton Bradley to your ballclub, you can't be surprised when he acts like the selfish jerk he is.

Piniella has never been very good, IMO, at handling 'difficult' players. Things could be very, very unpleasant in the "friendly confines" for the rest of this season.

Does Bradley have a no-trade clause, does anyone know? Just curious.

thedudeabides
06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
It's no surprise at all.

If you adopt a dog that isn't housebroken, you can't be surprised when it poops everywhere in your house.

If you sign Milton Bradley to your ballclub, you can't be surprised when he acts like the selfish jerk he is.

Piniella has never been very good, IMO, at handling 'difficult' players. Things could be very, very unpleasant in the "friendly confines" for the rest of this season.

Does Bradley have a no-trade clause, does anyone know? Just curious.

His contract is his no trade clause.

getonbckthr
06-27-2009, 12:20 PM
What bad contract could the Cubs take back to get rid of Bradley?

Mohoney
06-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Luol Deng.

JB98
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
With our luck, Bradley will probably bounce back with a two-homer game today, and the Chicago media will sing his praises with pride.

Big D
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM

Barry Zito. Other than that, probably none.

soltrain21
06-27-2009, 03:30 PM
According to Heyman, Lou told Bradley that, "You are not a player - you are a piece of ****."

Y

goon
06-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Alfonso Soriano.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2009, 07:28 PM
According to Heyman, Lou told Bradley that, "You are not a player - you are a piece of ****."

Y

According to Paul Sullivan (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/milton-bradley-at-us-cellular-before-saturdays-game.html) the Cubbies are concerned that Sox clubhouse personnel leaked that remark to the press.

Yeah and it was Sox fans who killed the wall weeds at The Shrine a few years ago...

:rolleyes:

TommyJohn
06-27-2009, 07:39 PM
According to Paul Sullivan (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/milton-bradley-at-us-cellular-before-saturdays-game.html) the Cubbies are concerned that Sox clubhouse personnel leaked that remark to the press.

Yeah and it was Sox fans who killed the wall weeds at The Shrine a few years ago...

Where will it end, this evil Sox conspiracy against our Cubs?

DrCrawdad
06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Where will it end, this evil Sox conspiracy against our Cubs?

There were 25+ Cubbie players, coaches and staff who would have at least heard about Lou's comment, but it's the Sox personnel who leaked the story.

DumpJerry
06-27-2009, 07:57 PM

I first head about it during the game while listening to Farmio and DJ. They said one of Ozzie's sons told them what happened and the description is pretty close to all the stories.

DrCrawdad
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I first heard about it during the game while listening to Farmio and DJ. They said one of Ozzie's sons told them what happened and the description is pretty close to all the stories.

Farmio and DJ talked about this yesterday during the game?

DumpJerry
06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Farmio and DJ talked about this yesterday during the game?
No, I imagined it.:rolleyes:

(sorry, could not resist)

DumpJerry
06-27-2009, 08:05 PM
They said they were told that Lou and Badly (as Cub fans call him now) exchanged words in the tunnel and Lou told him to leave the game.

Viva Medias B's
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Larry Rothschild reportedly (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-28-cubs-bits-chicago-jun28,0,6921824.story) confronted a White Sox employee whom he believes leaked details of the Lou Piniella-Milton Bradley confrontation to the public.

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Larry Rothschild reportedly (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-28-cubs-bits-chicago-jun28,0,6921824.story) confronted a White Sox employee whom he believes leaked details of the Lou Piniella-Milton Bradley confrontation to the public.

So?

southside rocks
06-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Hey Lou -- don't say stupid ****, and there won't be anything for anybody to "leak."

And Bradley saying that the people who work in the visiting clubhouse at the Cell are "snitches" -- that's hilarious.

Bless their hearts, we can always count on the Cubbies for some stupid, self-involved drama that distracts from baseball for a while.

The Immigrant
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
And Bradley saying that the people who work in the visiting clubhouse at the Cell are "snitches" -- that's hilarious.

That's a loaded word these days, especially in some parts of this town. He's a piece of **** for using it in that fashion.

Woofer
06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
If anything happens to the plumbing or pipes after this series is over, we will know who did it. Jerry won't take any crap like the Dodgers did.

1908<2005
06-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Here's some bait for you guys:
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/piniella-vents-about-clubhouse-leaks-and-sox-attendance-woes.html

Ready...Set...Go

guillensdisciple
06-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Ozzie Guillen is the man.

Soxfanspcu11
06-28-2009, 02:35 PM
The link goes to nothing!

But I dont need to read the article to know that selling out your stadium is really the only thing that matters anyway!

Baseball? Winning games? Playoffs? Championships? All a complete waste of time! Anyone who knows anything knows that the only part of baseball or sports in general is whether or not you sell out your stadium every day!!

Who the hell cares what happens on the field?!?!? I only go to slam me some oldstyle and scope out the females whilst working on my mantan bro!! Now which way to Billy's frat party?

southside rocks
06-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Ozzie Guillen is the man.

His quotes in that article were pretty funny.

He also said, I heard on WSCR this morning, that things far worse than Lou's little bleep have been done and said in the visitor's clubhouse at the Cell, and not a word of anything has been "leaked" by White Sox employees who work there; so it's stupid for anyone to think that they spread the story about Lou calling Bradley a piece of ****.

I love Ozzie. :tongue:

Big D
06-28-2009, 02:50 PM
If only the Cubs would play more games in Detroit, they would singlehandedly turn around the Detroit economy!

rdwj
06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Ozzie is always good for a laugh - and Lou appears to have completely lost his team and has to be on the verge of getting fired.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok, this ticked me off.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/piniella-vents-about-clubhouse-leaks-and-sox-attendance-woes.html

But kuddos to Ozzie.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2009, 04:09 PM
:rolling:

Ohh, Ozzie...Always telling it like it is...We all love you!

DumpJerry
06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I changed the name of this thread since I have already merged three threads into this one about Lou whining about this incident.

Tragg
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Pinella and Ozzie are both great with soundbytes.

I can't imagine that the Cubs would fire Pinella.

JB98
06-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Hmmm....let's see here:

1) Cubbies whining about mean ol' clubhouse attendants at U.S Cellular Field.

2) Cubbie faithful and Chicago media play the attendance game.

That can only mean only one thing:

The Sox won! :gulp:

thedudeabides
06-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Is this really what Lou should be worrying about right now? I like Lou, but this just seems like a way to divert attention away from his team. A team he seems to have lost control over. He knows the Chicago media will give this attention. Any attention away from the status of his team right now is good for him. The Sox took the series against the Dodgers and the Cubs, I couldn't care less about the attendance during those games. They can have another attendance trophy. I'll take the wins. :bandance:

DickAllen72
06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Seems to me that it's Rothschild who is doing the whinning here more than anyone else. Also Hendry.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-28-2009, 07:00 PM
With the Cubs finances tied up in the Trib's bankruptcy, can they afford to fire Lou? I guess they could fire him, and promote a coach, but they would still pay Lou. Pinella looks really, really tired. I think that Lou didn't like the team he was given. He's a veteran, and he certainly knows that teams can grow on you. He was also brought in to win it all, and he's been around long enough to know that this team will never accomplish that goal. I have a feeing Lou's a lame duck manager on a lame duck team with lame duck upper management and ownership. In other words, a potential massive train wreck waiting to happen.

PhillipsBubba
06-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Paul Sullivan wrote in the Trib today...

Mod edit:Don't post partial quotes from copywritten articles.

central44
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't know how the Tribune can pretend to be unbiased when they keep trying to make the attendance thing into a major issue. I'm glad Ozzie didn't try and stay PC with his response. Cub fans will howl about it but the reality is that most teams in sports function the same way as the Sox--without "tourist attractions" for ballparks, and a need to be at least somewhat successful in order to draw well.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
And another gem from the trib about the clubhouse "incident". Its like they're trying to make sure they scapegoat everyone on the visiting clubhouse staff.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/payback-time-for-white-sox-in-60-win-over-cubs.html

At the bottom on the blurb

WhiteSoxOnly
06-28-2009, 07:19 PM
With the Cubs finances tied up in the Trib's bankruptcy, can they afford to fire Lou? I guess they could fire him, and promote a coach, but they would still pay Lou. Pinella looks really, really tired. I think that Lou didn't like the team he was given. He's a veteran, and he certainly knows that teams can grow on you. He was also brought in to win it all, and he's been around long enough to know that this team will never accomplish that goal. I have a feeing Lou's a lame duck manager on a lame duck team with lame duck upper management and ownership. In other words, a potential massive train wreck waiting to happen.

If Lou didn't/doesn't like the team he was given,then he ought to
go manage the Nationals or some other God-awful team then.Or
maybe he should remember what it was like down in Tampa all
those years.Christ,he has been handed a contending team with
all kinds of resources and a GM who gets him everything he has
asked for.Now because some of those mopes are falling on their
faces,he wants to sit there and collect his check ? He ought to step
away then if he can't handle it.

He is being as big a baby as some of his players if you're thinking
is correct.As for them becoming a train wreck,hell,pass the popcorn
then.i'm all in for that.

central44
06-28-2009, 07:44 PM
*sigh* i'm sorry, but I hate the Cubs so much right now. The way they're acting is despicable. They have all sorts of problems on that team that run much deeper than the horrible play on the field, and they're trying to drag the Sox into it to divert attention from their own awful team and it's many issues.

Even if the clubhouse people were responsible, which I don't believe, why does it matter? If Piniella didn't want something like that to get out, then he shouldn't have said it. This is a Cubs story, about the awful job Hendry has done putting a bunch of knuckleheads on a team that can't work together, and yet somehow it has to become a Cubs vs. Sox thing...which will probably lead to the Sox being villainized by the Cubune.

I'm glad the Sox seem to have managed to get a lot of high-character guys on the team and in the organization, and we don't have to hear about constant meltdowns and feuds between players and managers.

Although it would be a lot of fun to watch the Cubs implode. They deserve it, for trying to drag the Sox down with them.

BigP50
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
THis is how Ozzie responded from the attendence spike at the cell from 22,000 to 40,000.

Mod Edit: Which part of "don't post copywritten material" do you people not understand? You've been warned previously for violating copywritten material. Enjoy your 3 days off.

spawn
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
This is at least the third time the same article has been posted partially or referenced. This is WSI. The odds that a particular quote from Ozzie has been referenced previously are pretty damn good. Try doing a search next time.

DrCrawdad
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
And another gem from the trib about the clubhouse "incident". Its like they're trying to make sure they scapegoat everyone on the visiting clubhouse staff.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/06/payback-time-for-white-sox-in-60-win-over-cubs.html

At the bottom on the blurb

How rich is the irony, the Cubbies suddenly concerned about clubhouse staff leaking to the media. Remind me, how was it that story about Sosa leaving early made it to the media?

Maybe Rothschild should spend more time coaching his pitchers and less time interrogating Sox clubhouse staff.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2009, 08:21 PM
How rich is the irony, the Cubbies suddenly concerned about clubhouse staff leaking to the media. Remind me, how was it that story about Sosa leaving early made it to the media?

Maybe Rothschild should spend more time coaching his pitchers and less time interrogating Sox clubhouse staff.

OH! and now, its been confirmed by a reporter that the leak came from the Cubs' staff.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-29-sox-bits-chicago-jun29,0,2662026.story

An apology forthcoming to the Sox visiting clubhouse staff?

I highly doubt it from that classless orginization.

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's some bait for you guys:

Ready...Set...Go

Larry, Milton, and Lou are suffering from this:

http://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.cfm?term=Displacement

I think they should shut the **** up, and accept they are underachieving losers.

DSpivack
06-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Well, I've never had much respect for the other Chicago team, their players nor their fans, but I've always liked Lou Pinella. I've lost quite a bit of respect for whining about the bull**** leak and stupid attendance complaints.

TommyJohn
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
:rolling:

Ohh, Ozzie...Always telling it like it is...We all love you!

Why did I read those comments? The arrogance of the posts is insufferable. And "TigerFan" Babbling about how the Cell is "the worst" in MLB? Huh? Ughhhh. I need to know better in the future.

WhiteSox1989
06-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, I'm not sure whether Sox fans should be insulted by Ozzie's quote though.

Jerko
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
What a traveling zoo. With Bradley, Zambozo, Lilly, Pot Boy, and Hopalong Cassidy in left, this may be my most disliked Cub team ever. I usually hate them because of their "fans", but what a bunch of jagoffs these guys are. I'm not even counting Ramirez, who I don't like either.

DrCrawdad
06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
OH! and now, its been confirmed by a reporter that the leak came from the Cubs' staff.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-29-sox-bits-chicago-jun29,0,2662026.story

An apology forthcoming to the Sox visiting clubhouse staff?

I highly doubt it from that classless orginization.

I'm trying to figure out how to ask you a question on this w/o quoting from the article, but the "their" there, are you sure that's not the Cubs?

SoxGirl4Life
06-29-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to ask you a question on this w/o quoting from the article, but the "their" there, are you sure that's not the Cubs?

Maybe I read it wrong at first. Or maybe they changed the article. I could have sworn i said that the reporter said someone from the Cubs staff had leaked the story. My mistake, I guess.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-29-2009, 08:50 AM

I wasn't in the slightest. I don't have the expendable income to attend the games I'd like, but I don't think he's off base with what he said.

FielderJones
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM

Why? He described Sox fans perfectly. We're not Cub fan sheep or Iowa tourists. We're not going to pay premium prices for a bad product on the field. If the Sox turn it around the stands will fill up, simple as that. The Tribune Company could put the Lansing Lugnuts on the field and Wrigley would still sell out, because it is just a well-marketed bar.

russ99
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM

It's close enough to the truth - but the real reason the Dodgers series sold poorly were the insane ticket prices. To pay $50+ kind of puts a damper on the walk-up.