PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs Music Video

Foulke You
06-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Not sure if anyone saw it, but there was a Sox vs. Cubs rap video called "It's About to Go Down" on Comcast Sports Net before the rained out game at Wrigley on Tuesday night. It was the 2 minute intro right before the starting lineups from Hawk and Stoney. The Sox guy in the video is actually my buddy from work. He is a diehard Sox fan and he said it was meant to be a fun tongue in cheek perspective on the rivalry. He is a long time lurker on this site and asked me to post it here. He even threw in a WSI reference at the end. As someone who reads WSI frequently, he expects you all to be brutally honest about his video! :D: Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLFIkLYA0Y

Standing Ovation
06-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Kind of thought it sucked. The accents alone made me want to turn it off. Seemed like a Cubs fan put it together too.

pythons007
06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
eh! :shrug:

Standing Ovation
06-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Kind of thought it sucked. The accents alone made me want to turn it off. Seemed like a Cubs fan put it together too.

No mention of 100 years/1908, trashing the field, Ronnie Woo Woo? Definately a Cubs fan put it together. I love how the Sox guy is alone outside the stadium, while the Cubs guy is high fiving eveyone going into the game.

Rocky Soprano
06-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Ouch, that was really bad.

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
What you've just played is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in this rambling, incoherent response was it even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

soxpride724
06-25-2009, 11:49 AM
No thanks, it was almost as if a Cub fan put it together.

rdwj
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
awful

#1swisher
06-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Read the reviews in the gameday thread.

I like rap, that was BRUTAL.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-25-2009, 12:21 PM
What you've just played is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in this rambling, incoherent response was it even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Great quote.

+1

beasly213
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
That was awful. Seriously, tell him to take that down it was so bad.

drewcifer
06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Douchechilling.

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
My god that sucked.

DrCrawdad
06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
ugh!

Cuck the Fubs
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
:puking:

Foulke You
06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Glad you guys all liked it. :redneck You can bag on the rap video all you want, but I can assure you he is a huge Sox fan.

Foulke You
06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
No mention of 100 years/1908, trashing the field, Ronnie Woo Woo? Definately a Cubs fan put it together. I love how the Sox guy is alone outside the stadium, while the Cubs guy is high fiving eveyone going into the game.
:rolleyes: The team only allowed them to shoot scenes hours before the ballgame started. Sox fans are either not there yet or are tailgating in the parking lots at this time while Cubs fans are loitering outside the park and at the sports bars before game time. I'm sure it was a vast conspiracy to prove that the Cubs are more popular.

34rancher
06-26-2009, 07:01 AM
It was interesting. When I saw it on Comcast, I knew instantly someone from here had something to do with it. There were too many WSI references to threads around here. The Wentworh Shields XXXV, TCQ, etc. I give your buddy credit, that takes some guts to put yourself out there like that. It was meh though.

Standing Ovation
06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
:rolleyes: The team only allowed them to shoot scenes hours before the ballgame started. Sox fans are either not there yet or are tailgating in the parking lots at this time while Cubs fans are loitering outside the park and at the sports bars before game time. I'm sure it was a vast conspiracy to prove that the Cubs are more popular.
You asked our opinions...the whole ****ing thing sucked. I don't think anyone doubted the "fandom" of the Sox fan involved. I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, but you mean to tell me not ONE person was walking around the statue? They show Sox fans "fighting" and the best we come up with is churros and brats? It might not be in that order on the video, but I refuse to watch it again. They should have taken the money used to make that "video" and donated it to a local charity.

Foulke You
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
You asked our opinions...the whole ****ing thing sucked. I don't think anyone doubted the "fandom" of the Sox fan involved. I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, but you mean to tell me not ONE person was walking around the statue?
If you go back and look at the thread, you commented "definitely a Cubs fan put it together". I would call that doubting his Sox "fandom" as you put it. I simply pointed out that you were wrong and that he is a big Sox fan. I can't comment on the whole nobody being around the statue thing because I wasn't there for the shoot.

My friend is trying to register here and as soon as the mods approve, I'm sure he could fill you in on the details of the shoot. He had some great stories to tell about the Wrigley part of the shoot and how ridiculous many of the people around the park act hours before the gates of "the shrine" are ever opened. You could spend hours pointing out the stereotypes in that neighborhood. You don't have to like the video, btw. I don't think less of you for it. He was well prepared to get skewered here. I do think that some folks need to lighten up a bit. It was meant to be a silly goof and not a rap video to be nominated at the MTV awards. :cool:

soxnut1018
06-27-2009, 01:39 AM
That was REALLY REALLY bad. It was just using tired stereotypes as insults. I'm sure he is really a true sox fan, but that doesn't make the video suck any less.