PDA

View Full Version : Clayton barely has a job according to...

nut_stock
06-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Clayton barely has a job according to the Daily Southtown:

"After watching shortstop Royce Clayton go 0-for-2, lowering his batting average to .197,Manuel is getting close to making a change...

Manuel might return Valentin to shortstop a position he patrolled every day in 2000 and make Graffanino the starter at third.

"We're going to have to do everything we can when we get home (today) to get it (Clayton's offensive woes) squared away," Manuel said. "If it continues, then we'll have to make the adjustment no doubt about that.""

oldcomiskey
06-03-2002, 12:10 PM
just let Gary Ward choke him again

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Clayton barely has a job according to the Daily Southtown:

"After watching shortstop Royce Clayton go 0-for-2, lowering his batting average to .197,Manuel is getting close to making a change...

Manuel might return Valentin to shortstop a position he patrolled every day in 2000 and make Graffanino the starter at third.

:crede
Hello? Hi? Remember me? Hello?

alohafri
06-03-2002, 12:23 PM
:KW You will play my main man Royce!

LuvChiSox
06-03-2002, 12:48 PM
During one of the Cleveland games, a ball was hit between Jose and the Choice. Jose managed to make contact with the ball, but was unable to grab it. Stupid choice was supposedly backing up Jose, but barely made an effort to try and grab the ball. Too afraid of making an error I'm sure.

I wish the choice would go away and never come back.

Foulke You
06-03-2002, 02:19 PM
In any other team Royce would be toiling at AAA until he got his act together. Sending Royce down and bringing up Crede makes waaaaay too much sense for them to do it.

If they do put Graffy in every day, I'd actually rather see Graffanino at SS then 3B. I don't think Graffy has the arm to play 3B and Valentin, despite the big error on Saturday, has played decent 3B this year.

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

If they do put Graffy in every day, I'd actually rather see Graffanino at SS then 3B. I don't think Graffy has the arm to play 3B and Valentin, despite the big error on Saturday, has played decent 3B this year.

Shortstops traditionally have better arms than third basemen.

Daver
06-03-2002, 02:41 PM
In any other team Royce would be toiling at AAA until he got his act together. Sending Royce down and bringing up Crede makes waaaaay too much sense for them to do it.

They can't send him down,he can refuse the assignment.

voodoochile
06-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by daver

They can't send him down,he can refuse the assignment.

P-U-T H-I-M O-N W-A-I-V-E-R-S...

There, I spelled it out, think it will help?

Daver
06-03-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

JR pay someone that is not working for him,that unpossible.

Foulke You
06-03-2002, 02:48 PM

:reinsy
That would be a waste of $4 million of my money!

voodoochile
06-03-2002, 02:49 PM

That would be a waste of $4 million of my money!

Yo, JR - it's a waste of your money now, but at least it won't be screwing up the team you claim to love also...

duke of dorwood
06-03-2002, 03:02 PM
:jaime

Hasnt it been done before?

Foulke You
06-03-2002, 03:04 PM

Yo, JR - it's a waste of your money now, but at least it won't be screwing up the team you claim to love also...

"It's OK to keep playing Royce because anyone who thinks we're going to catch the Twins this year is crazy! I do love the team! I've already said how I would trade all the bazillion Bulls titles for just one Sox World Series. Man, you Sox fans are stupid!"

duke of dorwood
06-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Graffanino is not an everyday player.

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

True. It's tough to be an everyday player when your manager only plays you twice a week.

Graff could do it. Hell, he can't be any worse than Royce.

Foulke You
06-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

You may be correct but there is 2 things you have to take into consideration:

1. Graffanino hasn't been given a chance to play every day for us yet so we can't for sure say that he isn't an everyday player.
2. Graffy playing over Royce would be an improvement by default.

I'd be willing to roll the dice to find out if Graffanino can hack playing every day over "the Choice".

Tavarin
06-03-2002, 04:26 PM
Why in gods name would you put Graffinino at 3rd? He is better coming off the bench and we have a perfectly good 3rd basemen whose batting .320 with 10 homers down there in AAA. And while yer calling up Crede, call up Borchard and put him in Lee's place

MarqSox
06-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
Why in gods name would you put Graffinino at 3rd? He is better coming off the bench and we have a perfectly good 3rd basemen whose batting .320 with 10 homers down there in AAA. And while yer calling up Crede, call up Borchard and put him in Lee's place

I completely agree. But as long as Royce is out of the lineup, I'm happy.

LongDistanceFan
06-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
just let Gary Ward choke him again can you pls explain what happen???????

voodoochile
06-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin

No way Borchard gets called up unless the players and owners come to terms (I kill me...)