PDA

View Full Version : Optimist or Pessimist

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 09:16 PM
With all the talk going around on these 2nd Place Chicago WhiteSox about being an optimist or pessimist. I was wondering which one are you?

doublem23
06-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Ahh... well, I'm going to vote for huge, but that doesn't mean I'm one of blind faith...

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/RoyceChoice/jesusroyce.jpg
Come into the light, my son.

Spiff
06-02-2002, 09:23 PM
realist?

duke of dorwood
06-02-2002, 09:26 PM
WE have the talent-in all areas. I think our ML roster is the best in the division. Match us position by position-it isnt close. No one has been able to get this group playing to it's apparent ability. When that happens, we will be what we all know we should be.
I am "semi" only because some changes need to be made first and I dont know if they will.

Pukester
06-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Where is the option for back up the truck and get rid of everyone up to and including the scouting staff?

Might as well cover the whole damn range.

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Where is the option for back up the truck and get rid of everyone up to and including the scouting staff?

See those are the people that have no damn clue what they are doing or saying on this board!

HawkDJ
06-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Like Switzerland, I remain neutral. I know the season is nowhere near over but at the same time I can't honestly say this looks like a division winning team right now. Of course we can turn it around. Isn't it funny how nobody voted pessimist when we all know that is not true?

ma-gaga
06-03-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
WE have the talent-in all areas. I think our ML roster is the best in the division. Match us position by position-it isnt close.

hmm. Sox vs Twins - typical lineups.

1B - Konerko vs Mientkiewicz - Konerko
2B - Durham vs Rivas/Hocking - Durham
SS - Choice vs Guzman - C.Guzman
3B - Valentine vs Koskie - C.Koskie
LF - Lee/Liefer/Rowand vs J.Jones - Jones
CF - Lofton vs Hunter - T.Hunter
RF - Maggs vs Mohr/Kielty/Buchanan - Maggs.
C - Alomar vs Pierziensky - Pierzienski
DH - Thomas vs Ortiz - Thomas

Sox - 4
Twins - 5

Loftons' playing great, but Hunter is playing out of his mind. Guzmans' was really sucking out early this year, but he's slowly coming around. Looks like Alomar is doing well, but AJ's played in 15 more games and is hitting better.

Any arguments? These teams are a lot closer than some want to think. 19 games baby. 19 games.

FarWestChicago
06-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
SS - Choice vs Guzman - C.GuzmanAre you kidding me?!? I could see claiming Pay-Rod is marginally better than Babe, but Guzman? This is Babe K Layton we're talking about here!

ma-gaga
06-03-2002, 12:53 AM
This is Babe K Layton we're talking about here

aww crap. Change that then to:
Sox - 5
Twinks - 4 :)

Cheryl
06-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Huge pessimist here. It's not just the crapulant play we've been seeing lately. It's the strike talk, and contraction talk, and steroid talk and....that's getting me down. Not to mention this weather--when's it going to get warm and stay that way?

voodoochile
06-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Huge pessimist here. It's not just the crapulant play we've been seeing lately. It's the strike talk, and contraction talk, and steroid talk and....that's getting me down. Not to mention this weather--when's it going to get warm and stay that way?

Hang in there, Cheryl. Pretty soon it will be July and then it will be 90 degrees with 90% humidity...

I agree the strike talk is getting depressing though...

Garrison
06-03-2002, 01:17 PM
We have the best roster in our divison. But it doesn't matter a bit if they're not performing. Reading these game recaps on whitesox.com and here are depressing. Seven straight? I haven't been able to watch the good guys lately because I am going to bed earlier in order to watch the world cup every morning. I hope they can turn it around. We've allowed Cleaveland to catch up. Weren't we tied to first a while back. 3.5 games back now. Please stay above .500!

Clarkdog
06-03-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm the semi-optmist camp. I agree I think the Sox have the edge on talent in the division. But I'm losing in faith in Manuel and Contreras and I think they have just as much culpability in this slide.

Paulwny
06-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Not to mention this weather--when's it going to get warm and stay that way?

I'll be coming to Chi. on Thurs. for the expo series, my daughter and son- in- law think I'm coming to see them. So you people better get the temp where it belongs and bring on the sun.
I'LL TURN THIS TEAM AROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl
06-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I'll be coming to Chi. on Thurs. for the expo series, my daughter and son- in- law think I'm coming to see them. So you people better get the temp where it belongs and bring on the sun.
I'LL TURN THIS TEAM AROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, bring a sweater.

kevingrt
06-03-2002, 05:42 PM
Well, bring a sweater.

He's from Buffalo... bring a bathing suit...