PDA

View Full Version : Tickets available on cub.com for Thursday game

SOXfnNlansing
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Just looked over there and saw good seats available (sec115) $85 ea. Thought I'd post if someone was thinking about going and didn't want to go to premium sites.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=chc

bridgeportcopper
06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
just for ****s n giglles i put in 12 together..... and was able to get 12 together in section 220-3 row 23 seats 5-16.
Is the legend of the cub fan a myth? are they beginning to show that they are front-runners only? this is for a game with their cross-town rival?

TDog
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Just looked over there and saw good seats available (sec115) $85 ea. Thought I'd post if someone was thinking about going and didn't want to go to premium sites.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=chc

Is that the face value of the tickets? I can't believe the any team gets away with charging so much.

DSpivack
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Is that the face value of the tickets? I can't believe the any team gets away with charging so much.

And to think the Cubs are now third in MLB in ticket prices.

1908<2005
06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
just for ****s n giglles i put in 12 together..... and was able to get 12 together in section 220-3 row 23 seats 5-16.
Is the legend of the cub fan a myth? are they beginning to show that they are front-runners only? this is for a game with their cross-town rival?

Christ on a stick, do you read newspapers? The economy is horrible and unemployment is high right now. Our attendance numbers haven't been so good this year which should be blamed on the poor economy.

bridgeportcopper
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Christ on a stick, do you read newspapers? The economy is horrible and unemployment is high right now. Our attendance numbers haven't been so good this year which should be blamed on the poor economy.

Lighten up Francis, just pointing out that whenever ya watch Len n Bob or listen to Santo, "there is never an empty seat at beautiful Wrigley". I don't think that the recession has anything to do with this except the Cubs probably put those aside for Wrigley Field Premium Ticket Scalping Service and they didn't get offers on their exorbitant prices, so they were released to the public. Meaning cubs = victims of their own greed. Recession or not, I don't think you would see as many hundreds of seats available (including an entire row of 12 together) the day before any marquee (Cubs, Opening Day, Yankees, Red Sox) games at the Cell.

hawkjt
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Anybody go to the game today? If so, did they see many tickets on the street? My son is thinking of going down but does not want to pay 85 bucks or add to the cubs coffers...but would take a ticket off a scalper cheap after the game started...anyone know?

Rocky Soprano
06-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Anybody go to the game today? If so, did they see many tickets on the street? My son is thinking of going down but does not want to pay 85 bucks or add to the cubs coffers...but would take a ticket off a scalper cheap after the game started...anyone know?

There was a TON of tickets being sold on the street, a TON!

soxfanreggie
06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I was able to purchase Cubs playoff tickets over a week after they went on sale last year. I'm not sure whey they released them late or what they held onto them for, but it was an investment to then pay for Sox playoff tickets.

DumpJerry
06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
The Cubs always release a bunch of tickets about 45 minutes before first pitch. This is for all games.

1908<2005
06-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Lighten up Francis, just pointing out that whenever ya watch Len n Bob or listen to Santo, "there is never an empty seat at beautiful Wrigley". I don't think that the recession has anything to do with this except the Cubs probably put those aside for Wrigley Field Premium Ticket Scalping Service and they didn't get offers on their exorbitant prices, so they were released to the public. Meaning cubs = victims of their own greed. Recession or not, I don't think you would see as many hundreds of seats available (including an entire row of 12 together) the day before any marquee (Cubs, Opening Day, Yankees, Red Sox) games at the Cell.
Cubs.com and other MLB sites release extra tickets the night before games. I usually get good White Sox tickets in the lower bowl by logging on the night before games.

1908<2005
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
heh he beat me. :smile:

ewokpelts
06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Stubhub has ticket dirt cheap. in fact yesterday's game has upper deck tix as low as 10 bucks

hawkjt
06-18-2009, 08:28 AM
There was a TON of tickets being sold on the street, a TON!

Thanks for the heads up..

bridgeportcopper
06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
My brother, whom I gave a ride to the game while I was working today, and his buddy bought 2 bleacher seats with a face of $60 each from a scalper at Murphy's Bleacher's a half hour before the game today for $45 each. I'm so mad at myself, I should have taken the day off!