PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Barons Eye the Majors

DirtySox
06-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Neat little video talking about the success of this year's team thus far with some interviews and inside looks at the team.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5061737

DSpivack
06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Apparently they clinched the first half title saturday night. Congrats!

soxfanreggie
06-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm hoping they're eyeing the majors. If they all weren't, I'd be afraid. I expect to see Flowers, Danks, Allen, and Viciedo amonth others to be up on the team in the next couple years.

jabrch
06-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Well, I'm hoping they're eyeing the majors. If they all weren't, I'd be afraid. I expect to see Flowers, Danks, Allen, and Viciedo amonth others to be up on the team in the next couple years.

I think it is quite possible that the Sox farm system made the biggest improvement of any team in the last 12-18 months.

Craig Grebeck
06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I think it is quite possible that the Sox farm system made the biggest improvement of any team in the last 12-18 months.
Yep. Baseball America mentioned we're going to move up again after this season. We were 16, so that puts us in the top half of the league. Now we just have to see these rankings manifest themselves on the field of play.

DumpJerry
06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
You can thank Buddy Bell and Doug Laumann for that. Both are new to job.

jabrch
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
You can thank Buddy Bell and Doug Laumann for that. Both are new to job.

While they deserve part of the credit, you have to also give credit to KW and the rest of the scouts as well. The organization as a whole has done a nice job beefing up the talent.