PDA

View Full Version : damaso marte - told ya

baggio202
06-02-2002, 05:01 PM
guy cant pitch in the clutch..last 2 games he has come in with runners on base throwing gasoline all over the place..falls behind..grooves one..bang!!!...

look at his splits from last year..he had an era under one when starting an inning...his total era was almost 5...so where did that leave his era when coming in a game in the middle of an inning??...well over 10...and its the same thing this year

this guy is a teaser..he looks great when he comes into mop up but bring him in 1st and 2nd in the middle of an innings and BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOOM!!!

i said when we had that string last week about marte that if he came in a game with runners on base two times in a row and did his job id get on the bandwagon...last 2 times..first guy faced..single and a homer....bye bye marte.

everyone is blaming this loss today on a bunch of players but no one mentioned marte..if he does his job we go to the bottom of the 9th leading 3-2

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Told Ya

Can you please show me a post where you said that...

CerberusWG
06-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Ok, if we didn't have Marte, who would be our other lefty, Mike Porzio?

Marte got shafted in the NY game against Ventura, anyways.

baggio202
06-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Can you please show me a post where you said that...

under the topic - Damaso Marte - its about 10 pages back as i type this...poster named garrison backed me up and said he recognized the same thing with marte...

Kilroy
06-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
guy cant pitch in the clutch..last 2 games he has come in with runners on base throwing gasoline all over the place..falls behind..grooves one..bang!!!...

....everyone is blaming this loss today on a bunch of players but no one mentioned marte..if he does his job we go to the bottom of the 9th leading 3-2

As usual....

:troll :whoflungpoo

If some one gets a frickin hit w/ runners on earlier, maybe that dinger doesn't cost us the lead. But as usual, no one is getting the job done right now.