PDA

View Full Version : Latest column from Ozzie

SoxComms
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Spanish (original)
http://mlb.mlb.com/es/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090615&content_id=5339862&vkey=news_cws_es&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

English (translation)
http://mlb.mlb.com/es/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090615&content_id=5339862&vkey=news_cws_es&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws#English

bridgeportcopper
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
"Fields is upset because he has lost his starting job at third base and I have personally talked to him about the fact that his production hasn't been what the team has expected"

Interesting, although we've seen much of Bacon, this is the first time I've seen it in writing or even the spoken word that the job has been taken from Fields.

ode to veeck
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
"Fields is upset because he has lost his starting job at third base and I have personally talked to him about the fact that his production hasn't been what the team has expected"

Interesting, although we've seen much of Bacon, this is the first time I've seen it in writing or even the spoken word that the job has been taken from Fields.

it's more than obvious already though isn't it?

Big D
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm guessing Ozzie didn't put it in quite that manner to Fields.:wink:

southside rocks
06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm guessing Ozzie didn't put it in quite that manner to Fields.:wink:

Why wouldn't he? If he's going to go posting it on the internet, wouldn't he be just that direct with Fields when he talked to him?

The Critic
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Why wouldn't he? If he's going to go posting it on the internet, wouldn't he be just that direct with Fields when he talked to him?
I think he's saying the wording wouldn't be quite as "business-like".
:smile:

Ron Karkovice
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I never thought that Fields would turn into a Herbert type player...