PDA

View Full Version : 6/16 Roll Call!

guillensdisciple
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
What's up all? I am gong to the game tomorrow with one of my friends (is a cubs fan :mad: hahaha), and just wanted to see who will be there with me rooting for our White Sox.

I will be in the upper deck sec 532 row 6. See ya there, and go Sox!!!

kittle42
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Role cale? My role will be White Sox Fan in Bleachers No. 6.

guillensdisciple
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Role cale? My role will be White Sox Fan in Bleachers No. 6.

Hahaha:redface:

Someone please change the thread name. That was a mental lapse of massive proportions.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
The Crosstown series is fun, but I prefer to watch on TV. Been to too many with people who take it too far.

chidavid18
06-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Go sox beat the cubs.

BleacherBandit
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Hahaha:redface:

Someone please change the thread name. That was a mental lapse of massive proportions.

Don't give concessions to the Grammar Police. :rolleyes:

DVsoxfan
06-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll be there, section 140 row 4...my first sox/cubs game, and my first trip to wrigley...

chidavid18
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
in the blecher box section 318 there are two that i saw for 69.00 80.00 face. And there is more in other areas of the park if anyone want to go tommorow night. The more sox fans taht are there the better. Go white sox

kittle42
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Don't give concessions to the Grammar Police. :rolleyes:

The promotion of ignorance astounds me.

Rohan
06-15-2009, 11:53 PM

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Everyone should browse that site :). Never fails.

Shoeless
06-16-2009, 12:16 AM
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Everyone should browse that site :). Never fails.

Sweet, How to write from an Engineering school:redneck

DrCrawdad
06-16-2009, 01:37 AM
I checked an hour ago and bleacher tickets were still available.

kittle42
06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I checked an hour ago and bleacher tickets were still available.

The lack of interest in this series is pretty surprising. Maybe it's the mid-week thing. Maybe it's the economy. Maybe the luster has simply worn off.

jabrch
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
The lack of interest in this series is pretty surprising. Maybe it's the mid-week thing. Maybe it's the economy. Maybe the luster has simply worn off.

I think it has something to do with fairly uninspiring play on both sides of town.

But the lack of interest in buying seats is really amazing.

The Immigrant
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be in the upper tank tonight with a couple of my buddies. This will be the fifth year in a row that I attend a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley, and I have yet to see a Sox winner.

Some people never learn, I guess.

twinsuck
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Probably because both teams suck this year.

seventyseven
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I think it has something to do with fairly uninspiring play on both sides of town.

But the lack of interest in buying seats is really amazing.

I think part of it also is there are many fans, like myself, that have no desire to see any more Cubs-Sox games in person. Brings out the worst in people -- on both sides of the aisle. I was offered tickets to tonight's game, and declined.

EDIT -- I should note that it hasn't always been this way. When interleague first started, fans were much more respectful of one another. Cubs/Sox fans alike were just in awe of how much fun it was to play each other in games that counted. I enjoyed those games tremendously. That's all worn off now.

guillen4life13
06-16-2009, 12:09 PM

The promotion of arrogance astounds me.

Oh snap!:redneck

kittle42
06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
The promotion of arrogance astounds me.

Oh snap!:redneck

I'm arrogant because I remember what I was taught in grade school? Sorry, I think that's just horse****.

thegooch
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
EDIT -- I should note that it hasn't always been this way. When interleague first started, fans were much more respectful of one another. Cubs/Sox fans alike were just in awe of how much fun it was to play each other in games that counted. I enjoyed those games tremendously. That's all worn off now.

I disagree with this. I think it's always been pretty drunken and rowdy. It's not a new thing. It's been like this since the get go.

I had a much higher tolerance for the debauchery in the past. Now the novelty has worn off and I'd rather not deal with putting up with garbage if the Sox lose.

kittle42
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I had a much higher tolerance for the debauchery in the past. Now the novelty has worn off and I'd rather not deal with putting up with garbage if the Sox lose.

I still enjoy going, but I generally agree. Can the Sox just win tonight so I can sing "Go, Cubs, Go?"

35th&Shields
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM

I don't know that this is accurate. There has definitely been an escalation in tempers in the past few years, but the idea that it was a "good ole' time" back in the late 90's is far different than I remember.

My girlfriend at the time worked at Murphy's Bleachers (and was a Cubs fan, you'll note she is an "ex") and I used to go sit there and drink free beer and I would almost get into fights all the time and I wasn't doing anything but sitting there wearing a Sox hat.

kittle42
06-16-2009, 02:32 PM
My girlfriend at the time worked at Murphy's Bleachers (and was a Cubs fan, you'll note she is an "ex") and I used to go sit there and drink free beer and I would almost get into fights all the time and I wasn't doing anything but sitting there wearing a Sox hat.

Kudos to you on the "almost." Seriously, too many people let themselves get baited and end up in actual fights, which are always dumb.

Desert Rat
06-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll be at the Golden Nugget with some friends from Indiana.
See ya there.....

russ99
06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I had a quick Cubs-Sox at Wrigley question...

I know the concept of throwing back a home run ball is idiotic at best, but since it seems to be a lamebrain tradition at the Urinal, what would you do as a Sox fan if you caught a HR ball hit by a Cub?

I have to admit I'd be pretty tempted...

Sox
06-16-2009, 02:44 PM

I know the concept of throwing back a home run ball is idiotic at best, but since it seems to be a lamebrain tradition at the Urinal, what would you do as a Sox fan if you caught a HR ball hit by a Cub?

Flip it to a :scrubs fan and let them throw it back.

Dan H
06-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I was at a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley in 2000. I wore my Sox cap and no one really bothered me even after the Sox won. I had to put up with Cub fans yelling out anti-Sox stuff all game, but that was about it. Yet I've heard stories from both Cub and Sox fans of really bad stuff happening at these games. I am no fan of inter-league play to start with and I wouldn't mind seeing these game disappear. That won't happen.

As much as I want to see the Sox beat the Cubs, it doesn't make my season. I don't remember any of the these games in 2005, but the World Series is still a great memory.

voodoochile
06-16-2009, 04:03 PM

Flash your Sox hat/jersey and then stick it in your pocket. If you absolutely don't want the ball, give it to a kid in a flubs hat. If there aren't any kids, pick the cutest gal/guy (depending on your preference) and give it to them with a big smile and a wink...

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
As much as I want to see the Sox beat the Cubs, it doesn't make my season. I don't remember any of the these games in 2005, but the World Series is still a great memory.
I went to this (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200506240.shtml) game against the Cubs, and I don't recall it being too bad before and during the beginning stages of the game. Then the 5th inning came, and the Sox started absolutely clobbering the Cubs. AJ, Crede, and The Big Hurt all hit home runs (I knew Frank's was leaving the premises immediately when it left his bat), and it was a lop-sided win for our Sox. Good stuff! :smile:

I think the Cub fans have been a little more unruly since 2005, because they are now the only team left with a championship drought so huge.

twinsuck
06-16-2009, 05:53 PM

I would keep it since I never gotten a ball!

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I would keep it since I never gotten a ball!
I'd probably ask a Sox fan who was a guy to put it in the urinal trough. :redneck

twinsuck
06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I'd probably ask a Sox fan who was a guy to put it in the urinal trough. :redneck
Do you really want to put that guy through such a traumatic experience though?? I mean just going into those bathrooms....