PDA

View Full Version : Only two games today?

downstairs
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I know Mondays have less games, but I can't remember anytime recently where there were only two games being played across the entire MLB?

Wonder what gives?

jcw218
06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I know Mondays have less games, but I can't remember anytime recently where there were only two games being played across the entire MLB?

Wonder what gives?

During Interleague, the schedule makers like to build in off days for weather purposes, but this is crazy.

BleacherBandit
06-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, this is how you get to watch the Indians on Prime-time T.V. for two nights in a row.

Chicken Dinner
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Almost feels like the day before and after the All Star Game.

EnglishChiSox
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, this is how you get to watch the Indians on Prime-time T.V. for two nights in a row.

They were on Fox Saturday as well so 3 days straight national TV games.

PKalltheway
06-15-2009, 08:18 PM
They were on Fox Saturday as well so 3 days straight national TV games.
That's pretty impressive for a last place team.:tongue:

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
This is what happens when MLB lumps all their interleague games into one chunk of the season. Because interleague games are three-game series, every team has to have one off day each week during the "interleague chunk."

If they spread the interleague play throughout the season, MLB could avoid having days in June with just two games, and also could move one NL team to the AL to have six divisions of five teams each. (Easiest switch would be to move Houston to the AL West.)