PDA

View Full Version : Crosstown Classic 06-16/17/18

BigP50
06-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I have been waiting for this series ever since last years series ended.

We seem like a better road team then home team so I actually have a good feeling, we throw Danks, Gavin and Jose.

I say we take the 1st and 3rd game of the series.

GO SOX!!!

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
If Gavin and Contreras pitch like they have we should have no problem taking 2 of 3 from the Cubs.

Shoeless
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM

We seem like a better road team then home team so I actually have a good feeling, we throw Danks, Gavin and Jose.

GO SOX!!!

I only care that we win for the sake of winning, not because we're playing the Billy Goats.

That being said, let's steamroll the flubs

whtsox13
06-14-2009, 08:20 PM

GO SOX!!!

Are they skipping Clayton Richard? He should be pitching game 3.

SOXfnNlansing
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm just hoping that Tuesday night goes well, then I'll think about the rest of the series. Game one is huge, even though we lost the first game at Milwaukee and wound up winning the other two games. Let's Go SOX!

DirtySox
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Are they skipping Clayton Richard? He should be pitching game 3.

Yep. Contreras is taking his turn.

BigP50
06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I only care that we win for the sake of winning, not because we're playing the Billy Goats.

That being said, let's steamroll the flubs

Yea I agree about the winning thing. Like when the Sox lost 20-1, I didn't care the score was 20-1, the fact that we lost just made me mad.

But if we can get a win and its against the Cubs, it just makes life a little better :)

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2009, 08:52 PM
That is statistically incorrect. The Sox are 2 games under .500 both at home and on the road.

Shoeless
06-14-2009, 09:18 PM
That is statistically incorrect. The Sox are 2 games under .500 both at home and on the road.

looking only at the last homestand, one would hope that the Sox are road team.

illini81887
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Sox hit better on the road. Its almost a 70 point difference

BigP50
06-14-2009, 11:31 PM
.281 on the Road

.219 at home

doublem23
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
looking only at the last homestand, one would hope that the Sox are road team.

How soon we forget that downright awful roadtrip in Cleveland and Toronto.

Rohan
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
.281 on the Road

.219 at home

^^ That's the correct batting average difference.

The series win seems very possible. These are all good pitching match ups though. If our bullpen shows up, we're going to kill the Cubs.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2009, 12:06 AM
And our ERA is almost a run higher on the road. We are an average team where ever we play.

JB98
06-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Meh. I'm not excited about this series at all. Neither team is very good this year.

If Danks can somehow beat Zambrano on Tuesday, we should be able to sneak out a series win.

central44
06-15-2009, 04:35 AM
The problem with this series (for me anyway) is that the best I can hope for is to not get taunted by Cub fans. They have a way of rubbing it in when they win--and then when they lose, they say, "we don't even care about that, we're too busy worrying about the Cardinals and Brewers! Stop hating our team more than you like your own team."

I guess my point being...this is my least favorite series of the year. I wish MLB would just abolish it, along with interleague play in general, but I know that would never fly.

Twins_Morneau
06-15-2009, 04:40 AM
It shud be a sweep, cubs were horrid this weekend.

DonnieDarko
06-15-2009, 04:41 AM
The problem with this series (for me anyway) is that the best I can hope for is to not get taunted by Cub fans. They have a way of rubbing it in when they win--and then when they lose, they say, "we don't even care about that, we're too busy worrying about the Cardinals and Brewers! Stop hating our team more than you like your own team."

I guess my point being...this is my least favorite series of the year. I wish MLB would just abolish it, along with interleague play in general, but I know that would never fly.

Bah. I love interleague play. :)

But yeah, it's all about having thick skin. All you need to say is that we got it done against the Brewers, but the Cubs failed against the Twins of all teams. We did our job, how 'bout you, suckas?

WhiteSox1989
06-15-2009, 07:28 AM
This is what I just said to my co-worker, "Oh I don't take those games as seriously anymore, maybe one day you'll know what that feeling is like". He just stared at me and said, "Stop bringing up the past".

SoxandtheCityTee
06-15-2009, 07:46 AM
This is what I just said to my co-worker, "Oh I don't take those games as seriously anymore, maybe one day you'll know what that feeling is like". He just stared at me and said, "Stop bringing up the past".

This reply to that brilliant riposte only works if you've been keeping things light and you get along generally with the co-worker: you smile a little at the mention of "the past" and look down or away for a split second and then you say without a hint of sarcasm or hostility, but not too eager either, just quietly and evenly, "Hey, I hope it happens for you someday. You'll never forget it for the rest of your life." Small smile, turn back to your work, keep eating your lunch or just go back down the hall, whatever you were doing.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Yep. Contreras is taking his turn.

Cowley was saying to Ranger on yesterday's pregame that Contreras is a big believer in 4 days rest, no more no less. If Jose 2009 V2.0 continues to pitch this well, then do it. He looked great on Saturday.

areilly
06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I still hate the Cubs. I hate their organizational smugness. I hate the self-righteousness they instill in their fanbase. I hate the sense of entitlement they seem to believe comes along with 101 years of nothingness. I hate their toilet of a ballpark, I hate their revisionist history and I hate the bulk of their fanbase.

I hope the Sox sweep the series and burn down Wrigley on their way out.

hawkjt
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I find that in years the Sox are in first like 05,06 and 08...I am not as enthusiastic for these games with the Cubs. But in years when we are not riding high, like this year, I do anticipate them with more relish.
The Cubs are not as good as last year either...I think the Sox can take 2 of 3 in Wrigley with Gavin and Jose on the mound.

russ99
06-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I still hate the Cubs. I hate their organizational smugness. I hate the self-righteousness they instill in their fanbase. I hate the sense of entitlement they seem to believe comes along with 101 years of nothingness. I hate their toilet of a ballpark, I hate their revisionist history and I hate the bulk of their fanbase.

I hope the Sox sweep the series and burn down Wrigley on their way out.

WOOO HOOO!! My feelings exactly. :gulp:

Post of the week material.

BigP50
06-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Its funny cause I really have nothing against the Cubs besides there stadium sucks. The reason I want the Sox to win so bad is to shut there fan base up. MERCY! you guys have no history

kittle42
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Its funny cause I really have nothing against the Cubs besides there stadium sucks. The reason I want the Sox to win so bad is to shut there fan base up. MERCY! you guys have no history

Twice is just plain egregious.

FielderJones
06-15-2009, 02:31 PM

I love "stop living in the past" from the fan base of billy goats, black cats, and Bartman.

kittle42
06-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I love "stop living in the past" from the fan base of billy goats, black cats, and Bartman.

How true. Their entire state of being is in the past...and what a ****ty past it is.