We get back to .500 by June 29th.
Heres how;
Win today
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Reds
2-1 vs Dodgers
2-1 vs Cubs
Record at end of play on 6-2809......38-38
Don't forget Im the guy who predicted that we would sweep KC 2 weeks ago.

Gavin
06-14-2009, 10:45 AM
A broken clock is still right twice a day?
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while?

I could keep going..

kevingrt
06-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Heres how;
Win today
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Reds
2-1 vs Dodgers
2-1 vs Cubs

I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. What odds can I get saying we won't be to .500 by June 29? Not that I am rooting against it but I just don't think we will do it. We are facing a reeling Scrubbies team, a decent Reds club, and the best team in the NL @ the Cell. Who knows though. This team does weird ish.

LITTLE NELL
06-14-2009, 12:53 PM
A broken clock is still right twice a day?
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while?

I could keep going..
Too early to give up, think positive.

Tragg
06-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Just like a month ago - we can win 5 straight series and just get back to .500. That's what nasty 10 game periods do to you.
I think this team is going to be better on the road. Unless you can hit homers, which this team isn't doing, you're sunk at the Cell.

LITTLE NELL
06-14-2009, 04:22 PM
OK you naysayers, I got today right.

Sox
06-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Heres how;
Win today
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Reds
2-1 vs Dodgers
2-1 vs Cubs

If I were a betting man which I am not I would definitely put my money on you.:bandance:

Red Barchetta
06-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I have a positive attitude, however I also look at things realistically. I felt really good about this team coming home after sweeping KC and moving back to .500.

We had a homestand that included two of the worst teams in the league (the A's and Indians) as well as our division leading Tigers. Needless to say, I was so disappointed with our performance that I promised myself I wound not get this excited again until after this team proves that it can win on a consistent basis.

It's been too up and down this season. I almost threw up my lunch after watching the zombie games in Toronto and for some reason, this team IMO lacks killer instinct. A good team would have smelled blood going into the last home stand. Instead, it seemed like each player was waiting for someone else to perform. Again, just my opinion.

It's still relatively early and if they can be at .500 come All-Star break, anything can happen. I just hope it happens sooner than later.

esbrechtel
06-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I have a positive attitude, however I also look at things realistically. I felt really good about this team coming home after sweeping KC and moving back to .500.

We had a homestand that included two of the worst teams in the league (the A's and Indians) as well as our division leading Tigers. Needless to say, I was so disappointed with our performance that I promised myself I wound not get this excited again until after this team proves that it can win on a consistent basis.

It's been too up and down this season. I almost threw up my lunch after watching the zombie games in Toronto and for some reason, this team IMO lacks killer instinct. A good team would have smelled blood going into the last home stand. Instead, it seemed like each player was waiting for someone else to perform. Again, just my opinion.

It's still relatively early and if they can be at .500 come All-Star break, anything can happen. I just hope it happens sooner than later.

:thumbsup:

russ99
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Heres how;
Win today
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Reds
2-1 vs Dodgers
2-1 vs Cubs

Just beat the damn Cubs and the rest will fall into place.

Shoeless
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Just beat the damn Cubs and the rest will fall into place.

+1
You have to believe that this upcoming series is big for both teams from a momentum standpoint. I've grown weary of the crosstown series to some extent, but the Sox need WINS.

cards press box
06-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Heres how;
Win today
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Reds
2-1 vs Dodgers
2-1 vs Cubs

I think the Sox could do this well or even better in the next few weeks. Why? The Sox starting pitching is really starting to jell and the bullpen has been excellent. Carlos Quentin will come back and Gordon Beckham will get acclimated to the big leagues. The offense, I think, will come around eventually.

In addition, Aaron Poreda pitched well in his debut. His fastball was excellent. When the Sox think he has enough command of his secondary pitched, they will start him. The Sox will then have a rotation of:

Mark Buerhle
Gavin Floyd
John Danks
Jose Contreras
Aaron Poreda (w/Clayton Richard as the 6th starter/swingman)

With Contreras pitching well and Floyd and Danks coming around, that looks pretty strong.

If the offense improves (and I can't imagine it won't get better in home games), the Sox could employ a marathoner's strategy and peak by late August/early September. What's more, the Sox are hanging in the division race and are still playing for the future through their promotion of Beckham and Poreda. I like what this team is doing.

doublem23
06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Ah, hope, how I've missed thee...

WhiteSoxFTW
06-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I'd like to be optimistic and think this is possible, but in reality...I really don't think it's going to happen. As we saw last year, w/ a better team, it's going to be hard to win the series in Wrigley. Also, the series against the Dodgers is going to be really tough.

ChiSoxFan81
06-15-2009, 09:24 AM
While I'd like to think the Sox could pull this off, I'm not confident they can. I made the mistake of thinking our season was turning around after that last road trip, then they came home and fell on their face. If we can get to .500 at least by the AS break, and get a healthy Quentin back, we're still right in this thing. I think 6-6 vs. these teams is more realistic.