PDA

View Full Version : Crosstown Classic 2009, Round one

DrCrawdad
06-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Rotation for the first series against the Cubs at Wrigley.

Tuesday: Danks vs. Zambrano
Wednesday: Floyd vs Wells
Thursday: Richard vs. Dempster

VenturaFan23
06-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I just love how 2 of these games are during the day. :angry: Having this series during the week is strange, but not critical and I can understand have the last game during the day, but 2? C'mon! Not only will I not be able to watch them, but it will seriously slow my work production.

TheAnswer32
06-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm willing to wager a heavy sum of money that says Ozzie skips Clayton with the rationale of wanting to keep the "kid" strong or some BS like that.

getonbckthr
06-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I just love how 2 of these games are during the day. :angry: Having this series during the week is strange, but not critical and I can understand have the last game during the day, but 2? C'mon! Not only will I not be able to watch them, but it will seriously slow my work production.
Welcome to Wrigley Field. Hell consider us lucky to get 1 night game.

voodoochile
06-14-2009, 09:37 AM

It's an effort to slow down drunkeness and the potential problems that can arise from it. The two teams actually requested more day games because of this problem. It's one reason most of the series have been played on weekends.

roylestillman
06-14-2009, 09:38 AM
They are now talking Contreres for Thursday's start. If I remember right, Contreres' performance at Wrigley last year was the beginning of the end of him for 2008. He was shelled.

voodoochile
06-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm willing to wager a heavy sum of money that says Ozzie skips Clayton with the rationale of wanting to keep the "kid" strong or some BS like that.

No because he wants to win and Contreras is pitching well. A lot of teams skip their #5 as often as they can if he isn't a solid pitcher. When Colon comes back barring a major improvement by Richard, he goes back to the bullpen...

Rohan
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
It's an effort to slow down drunkeness and the potential problems that can arise from it. The two teams actually requested more day games because of this problem. It's one reason most of the series have been played on weekends.

That's what i figured as well. Still annoying. I work from 7AM - 4pm so i'm definitely not going to be able to catch the two day games :(:

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
That's what i figured as well. Still annoying. I work from 7AM - 4pm so i'm definitely not going to be able to catch the two day games :(:
You never know. There's a ton of rain in the forecast. Perhaps at least one of those will be delayed.

Anyways, I'm feeling better about this series than I did a couple weeks ago.

PatK
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I kind of wish both series were during the week.

I'm hosting a graduation party the Saturday the Cubs/Sox is at the cell. Instead of having everyone outside like I want, the house will probably end up being packed full of people watching the game

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-15-2009, 10:39 AM
I wish both series were during the week also -

Or cancelled altogether. I'm so done with this crosstown stuff. I still like interleague but make it one series a year, and alternate the location.

I heard M & H saying they wished they were always weekend series, so there's a weeklong buildup. The thing this needs least is more hype.

PatK
06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I wish both series were during the week also -

Or cancelled altogether. I'm so done with this crosstown stuff. I still like interleague but make it one series a year, and alternate the location.

Same here.

I miss the old days.

beasly213
06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
You never know. There's a ton of rain in the forecast. Perhaps at least one of those will be delayed.

Anyways, I'm feeling better about this series than I did a couple weeks ago.

I'm not. I can't trust the Sox this year. You never know when they are ready for a win streak or for a losing streak.

TDog
06-16-2009, 03:37 PM

I think all games at Wrigley Field shoul be played during the day.