06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
:gulp:

soxnut1018
06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Contreras is BACK! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

GoGoCrede
06-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Welcome back, Jose. It's good to see you smiling in the dugout after a nice outing.

voodoochile
06-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Opened up a serious can of whoopass in that second inning and Contreras...er... Mr. Contreras, welcome back...

:soxwin:

:)

WhiteSox1989
06-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Very happy with Contreras so far.

Go Sox! Take the series and get 'em tomorrow. :bandance:

Zakath
06-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Very happy with Contreras so far.

He can star in the role of Lazarus as long as he likes...

Soxman219
06-13-2009, 07:07 PM
2 games, only 3 hits.

Welcome back Jose!

Railsplitter
06-13-2009, 07:07 PM
:bandance: Good! Now's a good a time as any to start a 10 or 12 game winning streak. :bandance:

DickAllen72
06-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Contreras proves once again that he is the man! The Bronze Titan indeed.

BigP50
06-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Sox win Sox win

Dan H
06-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I have been a big critic of Contreras but I am happy that he is starting to prove me wrong. You gotta love the guy. To work so hard in rehab and in the minors makes him a great story. I hope he has a great rest of the season just because he's earned it.

JB98
06-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Konerko's two-out, two-run single with the bases loaded to make it 6-0 was a big hit. Obviously, a four-run outburst early puts you in good position to win. But that extra hit to tack on another couple runs and finish off a rally is a knockdown blow to an opponent.

Contreras did a good job of pitching with a lead. He didn't get sloppy at any point. He continued to command all of his pitches. I thought he had a real good fastball today, which set up his forkball.

Dick Stockton is senile and needs to retire.

TDog
06-13-2009, 07:23 PM
There was so much good going on today that I hope people don't dwell on the loss of the shutout. I think the bullpen needs some serious rest, and maybe a couple of complete games are in order.

The run didn't mean anything else. At least it didn't seem to.

On my 44th birthday, I cut out of work early to catch the Sox play at Miller Park in an afternoon game. The Sox hit a bunch of home runs to support Kip Wells and Jon Garland got a three-inning save. When the Brewers scored with two outs in the ninth to cut the lead to 8-4, I laughed. It was as meaningless as a home run gets.

I can't forget that home run now because it was the first home run in the career of Mike Coolbaugh who was killed by a line drive two years ago while coaching third base in North Little Rock, Arkansas, six years and five days later.

Zisk77
06-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Wish I could of seen it. @#$%^^ Fox!:angry:

slavko
06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Dick Stockton is senile and needs to retire.

He thinks he has retired. I hope the nurse took him back to his room for a nice nap after the game.

GoGoCrede
06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
According to Gonzales' Twitter, Sox are now thinking about moving up Contreras to pitch on Thursday against the Cubs.

WhiteSox1989
06-13-2009, 07:45 PM
According to Gonzales' Twitter, Sox are now thinking about moving up Contreras to pitch on Thursday against the Cubs.
Cowley said the same thing.

Britt Burns
06-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Awsesome job Contreras!

It's Dankerific
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Is that on normal rest? I think so, if I'm counting correctly.

SOXfnNlansing
06-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Since he's been back: 16 IP 0 ER 3 H (2-0)! We need to win the series, then on to Chicago!

thomas35forever
06-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Contreras has been outstanding since returning. The offense was nothing short of spectacular in the second inning as well. As I head up to Miller Park tomorrow, all I have to say is go Sox!:bandance:

Frankfan4life
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I loved this game!!! I can't thank Mr. Contreras enough for making this a great day to be at the game today. From start to finish (with the exception of the bottom of the ninth), the Sox were on cruise control thanks to Jose and a hitter-happy second inning. We need more games like this!

Also, it appeared to me that there may have been more Sox fans than Brewer fans at the game today. Everywhere I looked there were people in Sox gear. Way to represent Sox fans!!!

NDSox12
06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Is that on normal rest? I think so, if I'm counting correctly.

Yes, with the day off Monday, Contreras would be at full rest on Thursday. I'm certainly not going to complain about Contreras moving ahead of Richard in the rotation. However, I think the Reds are more dangerous than the Cubs right now.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes, with the day off Monday, Contreras would be at full rest on Thursday. I'm certainly not going to complain about Contreras moving ahead of Richard in the rotation. However, I think the Reds are more dangerous than the Cubs right now.

I'm very happy for Jose's two outings since his return to the rotation. It would be a BIG boost if he can continue to pitch like this. Of course, the hitting has been a help to him as well.

I didn't think the Sox would put that much of a hit parade on show today looking at that lineup. That whole 2nd inning was a thing of beauty, and even Castro got into the hit show.

Let's take the series tomorrow.

DirtySox
06-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Oz said after the game he wanted to get "a lot of Venezuelans to eat Wrigley Field." Not sure what the hell that means but its funny.

Cowley's Twitter (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/statuses/2159771864)

SoxFan1979
06-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Wooooo Hoooo Jose. Buen Juego Amigo! :bandance:

Tragg
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Excellent game Jose. It really helps a ton if he's strong.

We play the Cubs on Thursday? Odd

Brian26
06-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Excellent game Jose. It really helps a ton if he's strong.

We play the Cubs on Thursday? Odd

Not as odd as playing them on a Tuesday night.

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Contreras has been an absolute machine since returning from Charlotte!!!! :bandance:

:worship: :contreras:

Chicken Dinner
06-13-2009, 11:14 PM
What's with Linebrink?

Mohoney
06-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Can we just chalk Contreras' awful start to the season up to him pitching hurt? If it was just one great outing, maybe it could be considered a fluke, but he looks like a totally different guy out there now than what he looked like in April.

I'm convinced now that Contreras rushed himself back too soon in the spring. I'm glad he didn't do any damage to himself. I hope Quentin is paying attention to this and lets himself heal.

Tragg
06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Not as odd as playing them on a Tuesday night.
I guess I need to look at the schedule. I assumed it was the usual weekend set.

Jose looked like he had real movement on his ball today. When I saw him earlier this year, his pitches were flat.

thedudeabides
06-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Congrats to Jose. Great game. :bandance:

You have to feel good for the guy after working so hard to come back early, and then swallow his pride and go figure it out in Charlotte.

Was my first trip to Miller Park. I really enjoyed the park and was happy to see the roof open. If you thought the Sox did a lot of promotion and games in between innings, the Brewers blow them away. It was like being at a minor league stadium.

Also, I thought it was a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Didn't see any trouble or get any harassment for wearing Sox gear, although at least half the stadium were Sox fans and the Brewers had nothing to cheer about. I definitely heard a lot of "We're cool with you guys as long as your not Cub fans."

hi im skot
06-13-2009, 11:50 PM
That was a lot more fun than Friday night.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/PDVD_024.jpg

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2009, 12:00 AM
What's with Linebrink?
I'd like to know that as well. He's doesn't have the "shut 'em down" command at all.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Congrats to Jose. Great game. :bandance:

You have to feel good for the guy after working so hard to come back early, and then swallow his pride and go figure it out in Charlotte.

Was my first trip to Miller Park. I really enjoyed the park and was happy to see the roof open. If you thought the Sox did a lot of promotion and games in between innings, the Brewers blow them away. It was like being at a minor league stadium.

Also, I thought it was a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Didn't see any trouble or get any harassment for wearing Sox gear, although at least half the stadium were Sox fans and the Brewers had nothing to cheer about. I definitely heard a lot of "We're cool with you guys as long as your not Cub fans."

That's good to hear. I was at Friday's game and there seemed to be a large drunken frat boy element.

mccoydp
06-14-2009, 01:25 AM
****ing good game; good early scoring and a dominant pitching performance by Jose. Woot!

:winner

palehozenychicty
06-14-2009, 07:09 AM
As I've always said, when Jose is throwing the ball well, we win. Period.

angiew
06-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I've not been too high on Jose for a while now, but I'll gladly eat me some crow all day long if it tastes this good!

06-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Can we just chalk Contreras' awful start to the season up to him pitching hurt?

I'm convinced now that Contreras rushed himself back too soon in the spring.

I think he was recovered and wasn't going to do any damage to himself. He was just having a bad time locating his pitches and also things looked flat.

ChiSox81
06-14-2009, 12:04 PM
What a great game. Contreras is back and his stuff is nasty. The rotation is shaping up really nice right now. With that and our great bullpen this team is not done yet.

ramblinsoxfan11
06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
What a great game. Contreras is back and his stuff is nasty. The rotation is shaping up really nice right now. With that and our great bullpen this team is not done yet.

Our bullpen didn't look so good Friday night, but hopefully that was just a fluke...