View Full Version : *Official* This Is Just A Bad Team 6/12/09 Post Game Thread

TomC727
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Discuss

06-12-2009, 11:04 PM
How did Poreda look?

EuroSox35
06-12-2009, 11:05 PM
**** Ozzie and his Dotel mancrush. Let your damn pitchers get out of their own mess. Richard was great and it was the bottom of the order, but uh oh, the magic # 100 pitch, better hurry and get him. Only ****ty managers act like that, especially when the guy is pitching fine. The NL will expose Ozzie and his managing just like last year. He pulled this same **** at the Cubs last year pulling Danks way too early, I think he brought in Dotel too, they said thank you and quickly took the lead, changed the momentum of the game and series and the Sox got swept easily. This is multiple years now where he's terrible at managing the pitching staff, and now the whole 'keeps the clubhouse loose' garbage is out the window as year after year he keeps feuding with players and throwing them under the bus to the point where he also burns bridges. This is the same guy who once hit Brian Anderson as a DH, the guy who like Mackowiak in center, etc; this idea that he's a great baseball mind with great instincts is bull****. Once we finish this terrible season it's time to cut ties with Ozzie and put Kenny on notice to get his act together after a terrible offseason (just like the 07 season), you can't keep raising prices and giving us this garbage, that doesn't add up.

Meanwhile we get Carrasco the next inning, how fun. If you're going to use Dotel early you have to fill in the rest of the gaps, but no, we were going to expect about 4 pitchers to be perfect for the rest of the game in order to win this game? I already hate when we do it with 3, it's so damn unlikely that each reliever will all be on, like in those AllStar Games when everyone would go nuts about the NL closers like Gagne, expecting the game to be over with a lead after 6, yet shockingly, it wouldn't work out like that at all.

And I will bet money Ozzie played a big role in Peavy not coming here. Of course he won't go public with that, but just go back and listen to Linebrink's interview with Waddle and Silvy that day:
Waddle- "So, what'd you say about Ozzie?
Linebrink - Just that he's crazy"
W- In a good way right????
*pause*
L- Ozzie's Ozzie".
tie that in with the ESPNInsider report the night before that an anonymous Padres teammate thought Peavy would reject because he didn't want to play for Ozzie and put 2 and 2 together.

soxfan21
06-12-2009, 11:06 PM
The title of the thread just about sums it up. The lineup didn't help much either tonite. Ohh well, let's get em tomorrow hopefully.

EuroSox35
06-12-2009, 11:06 PM
And BTW, how dumber can this team get? Beckham is going to have enough trouble adjusting to the majors, and along with learning how to hit real pitching, he has to learn a new position? Alexei seems to make a mistake a day at SS, move him back to 2nd and move Beckham back to SS. Even though it's probably too early anyways and reeks of desperation, why do we have to make it as tough as possible for our prospects?

TomC727
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
**** Ozzie and his Dotel mancrush. Let your damn pitchers get out of their own mess. Richard was great and it was the bottom of the order, but uh oh, the magic # 100 pitch, better hurry and get him. Only ****ty managers act like that, especially when the guy is pitching fine. The NL will expose Ozzie and his managing just like last year. He pulled this same **** at the Cubs last year pulling Danks way too early, I think he brought in Dotel too, they said thank you and quickly took the lead, changed the momentum of the game and series and the Sox got swept easily. This is multiple years now where he's terrible at managing the pitching staff, and now the whole 'keeps the clubhouse loose' garbage is out the window as year after year he keeps feuding with players and throwing them under the bus to the point where he also burns bridges. This is the same guy who once hit Brian Anderson as a DH, the guy who like Mackowiak in center, etc; this idea that he's a great baseball mind with great instincts is bull****. Once we finish this terrible season it's time to cut ties with Ozzie and put Kenny on notice to get his act together after a terrible offseason (just like the 07 season), you can't keep raising prices and giving us this garbage, that doesn't add up.

Meanwhile we get Carrasco the next inning, how fun. If you're going to use Dotel early you have to fill in the rest of the gaps, but no, we were going to expect about 4 pitchers to be perfect for the rest of the game in order to win this game? I already hate when we do it with 3, it's so damn unlikely that each reliever will all be on, like in those AllStar Games when everyone would go nuts about the NL closers like Gagne, expecting the game to be over with a lead after 6, yet shockingly, it wouldn't work out like that at all.

And I will bet money Ozzie played a big role in Peavy not coming here. Of course he won't go public with that, but just go back and listen to Linebrink's interview with Waddle and Silvy that day:
*pause*
L- Ozzie's Ozzie".
tie that in with the ESPNInsider report the night before that an anonymous Padres teammate thought Peavy would reject because he didn't want to play for Ozzie and put 2 and 2 together.

Everything about this team is bad. And don't give me that crap on Peavy. If you noticed in the baseball headlines tonight, you would have read that Peavy is out for a month with an Ankle injury. This team would still suck with Peavy.

The faster everyone realizes that the 2009 White Sox is a bad baseball team and will need multiple parts replaced to contend next year, the better everyone will feel.

FarWestChicago
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Whoa, everybody settle down. BA started didn't he? That's an automatic win. Check various media sources. I think you may be getting bad data. :scratch:

DirtySox
06-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Meh. Nothing new. Tis a shame that our relievers are sinking their trade value though.

SoxFan1979
06-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah I agree with Euro. I was like wow Clayton gets an error and he gets pulled? He was pitching just fine. Brewers made some nice plays and we didn't.

This is going to be a long season. :(:

Shoeless_Jeff
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM
I am now of the opinion that its time to blow this thing up.

35th and Shields
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I think I'll start watching this team again once we get Paulie and Quentin back......I can only watch so much bad baseball.

Tragg
06-12-2009, 11:18 PM
When you lose by 5, the little things don't make the difference. But the continued sloppy baserunning will catch up. And intentionally walking the go-ahead run is always risky...but when the batter that you walk is near incapable of hurting you with his sick - he is a slap hitter who hasn't hit a homer in 3 seasons - it's absolutely inane.

tacosalbarojas
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM
How did Poreda look?Pretty good. Three strikeouts, one inherited run allowed on a basehit. But overall looked like he belonged.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Whoa, everybody settle down. BA started didn't he? That's an automatic win. Check various media sources. I think you may be getting bad data. :scratch:

Brian Anderson, fine defensive outfielder, but the guy can't hit consistently on the big league level. He's looked utterly over matched and downright terrible tonight.

DSpivack
06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I think I'll start watching this team again once we get Paulie and Quentin back......I can only watch so much bad baseball.

I'll resign myself to curiousity in watching how Beckham [and maybe Poreda] does. Anything else is gravy.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 11:27 PM

Will you watch bad baseball with Konerko, Quentin and whomever is left after the firesale?

EdHerman12
06-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I knew the outcome wasn't going to be good when Fielder scored all the way from 1st...a bad night in every aspect.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Hopefully KW realizes this team will not compete for the AL Central crown, and start selling off parts. It's really his only choice. This team was flawed to start the year, so KW has no one to blame but himself.

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I knew the game was gonna take a turn for the worst when Hall and Hardy made their plays to keep our guys from putting more runs on the board.

Jaysox
06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I'll resign myself to curiousity in watching how Beckham [and maybe Poreda] does. Anything else is gravy.

Agreed.

06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I sure hope Beckham figures it out soon or I am afraid this is going to get even uglier if that is even possible.

DirtySox
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Seems to be a 3 way race for last place in this division. We are 1 game out from it. This division is terrible.

thedudeabides
06-12-2009, 11:48 PM

*pause*
L- Ozzie's Ozzie".

WOW! How long was that bottled up?

I hope it felt good to get it out.

Richard was on three days rest. He was coming out early today no matter what. No reason to kill his arm this early.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Seems to be a 3 way race for last place in this division. We are 1 game out from it. This division is terrible.
Why KW didn't sign at least Orlando Hudson I will never figure out.

EdHerman12
06-12-2009, 11:51 PM

I saw all the other AL Central teams play today, and none of them did the things we did tonight to put them in position to lose..our division would've been perfect had we won...I think it's up for grabs when we all play one another...but right now I gotta say Detroit, and Minnesota are the teams to beat...

BleacherBandit
06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Sometimes I can't believe I'm watching a team with players that dominated a World Series. Of course I know they're older, but there are three arguments in response to that:

1. With age should come experience

2. They are not lacking power, dexterity, and bat speed--things you lose with age. They seem to be lacking fundamentals--things that baseball players should have known since they were called up, and certainly, these players would have needed those to have had the long careers they continue now.

3. Don't tell me "The Sox are lacking fundamentals because of all the crappy/young players like BA, Getz, Beckham, Alexei, Fields, Nix, and Wise. The veterans who have either won a World Series or have hit 300+ home runs aren't doing it either. They aren't hitting in pressure situations aside from Podsednik and maybe Konerko (but he's freakin' injured), they aren't laying down bunts (aside from BA the other night--big whoop. Once in a century), and they certainly aren't playing succinct defense and way too many errors are being commited. I don't remember the last time we didn't commit an error in a game.

This team doesn't just suck. They've forgotten how good they were the last few years.

Lip Man 1
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Bleacher:

Outside of 2005 which was the exception this team has been terrible at fundamentals the entire decade.

In my opinion it's because of the home run or nothing philosophy that permeates the organization.

That is compounded by having so many of the same type hitter up and down the line, all free swingers, all try to hit the ball a mile.

Some of that is the players fault but as I've said, that's how they got to the big leagues and had success. Most of the fault lies with the organization for not bringing in different types of players to balance things out, despite's Ozzie's comments every off season.

Lip

SoxSpeed22
06-13-2009, 12:06 AM
I agree with both BleacherBandit and Lip. That's something they've been trying to change for the last few years, but we won't know the outcome of our supposed change in philosophy for another few years. The Cardinals in the 80s had a checklist of skills that every prospect had to have before they moved up. The Twins have that approach now, and the Sox are trying to get there. The guys we have now are a product of our former philosophy and hopefully, they are the end of our old philosophy instead of the continuation. It has to start with Beckham.

Boondock Saint
06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I think people are off base regarding their complaints about Ozzie pulling Richard. He was getting hit hard the previous inning, and he was starting to leave pitches right over the middle of the plate. To be honest, he wasn't throwing all too well the entire game. He just happened to be getting outs while doing so.

PhillipsBubba
06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Like I said days ago...

http://tametheblackdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/white-flag.jpg

palehozenychicty
06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Dag. Only two pages, which means that everyone is either at this game or out on the town. :tongue:

TomC727
06-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't white flag this team quite yet. The first that has to be done, even if it may not even be his fault, is that Walker needs to be fired. End of story. Someone else needs to be brought in. Someone from outside of the organization that can give a different perspective.

Another thing that should be done. Dotel should be shipped to a contender looking for bullpen help. Sadly to say, I would also ship Thome if the offer is semi-decent. I would even ship Anderson and Wise. Dye if the offer is very good. Same as Konerko, if the offer is very good. Fields also needs to be shopped.
Example then of the line-up. Anderson, Wise, Thome, Dotel, Fields gone. Dye to DH, Jordan Danks should be brought up, see how he handles it. If he sucks, then work on signing a centerfielder in the offseason. Beckham needs to play everyday no matter how bad he is. Getz at 2B should continue. This team will be brutal to watch but it will be interesting with the youngsters.

The team needs a drastic change and the Number 1 person to start with is Greg Walker.

BleacherBandit
06-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Bleacher:

Outside of 2005 which was the exception this team has been terrible at fundamentals the entire decade.

In my opinion it's because of the home run or nothing philosophy that permeates the organization.

That is compounded by having so many of the same type hitter up and down the line, all free swingers, all try to hit the ball a mile.

Some of that is the players fault but as I've said, that's how they got to the big leagues and had success. Most of the fault lies with the organization for not bringing in different types of players to balance things out, despite's Ozzie's comments every off season.

Lip

I acknowledge that this precludes our sluggers from having to know how to bunt and maybe even hit the other way, but what about defensive skills?

I know Paulie is deserving of a Gold Glove. But Fields hasn't found his role as a power hitter who doesn't hit for average, nor has he prospered defensively. Didn't Joey Cora promise a reliable fielder at third?

Jermaine Dye is getting older--and slower--and I acknowledge that. There's nothing you can do. But still, he can chase them down, and he can also field them. If anything he should be a testiment to good fundamentals while still fitting the mold of a power hitter. It hasn't rubbed off, appreantly. I've seen BA (and you all apearantly saw it tonight) try to dive for balls he had no business going after. After they allude his mitt, he has to rely on Podsednik or Dye to back him up. And that is usually before one or two or even three runs have scored. Somebody has to tell him to stop diving so much. He has speed, but not supernatural speed. And I won't even go into the subject of playing Pods sometimes in right.

And Lip--you're absolutely right. You can't ask players to do things they're uncomfortable with. It's KW's job to go after players who are dynamic. And to me this is what our team looks like:

1-sombody you hope can be consistant(but there's no certainty)
2-simply a .250 hitter (for now)
3-One dimensional slugger
4-One dimensional slugger
5-One dimensional slugger
6-Somebody who could be injured
7-sombody who's moved around in the order too much to feel comfortable
8-simply a .250 hitter
9-simply a .250 hitter

We need to break this mold.

Whitesoxfan23
06-13-2009, 12:28 AM
The 2009 White Sox are a terrible team unfortunately. No if's and's but's about it. That's just the way it is :(:.

Irishsox1
06-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Brian Anderson, fine defensive outfielder, but the guy can't hit consistently on the big league level. He's looked utterly over matched and downright terrible tonight.

Could not agree more. This is year 4 of Brian Anderson and it's not happening. He just can't hit and I'm willing to bet at this point he never will figure it out.

By the way, any line up with Getz, Anderson, Beckham, Fields and the pitcher is going to struggle scoring runs against any team. As soon as the Brewers got up beyond 2 runs, the game was over.

WhiteSox1989
06-13-2009, 12:41 AM
When the White Sox win it really makes me a happier gal. When the loose, I'm upset, and it sucks. But I just avoid all media..I don't listen to the radio, I don't read newspapers or watch ESPN. It helps, I swear.:whiner:

I guess them loosing doesn't make me any less of a fan. I just have to come to terms that they are going to suck and wish for the best next season.

..or this is what I tell myself.

Rohan
06-13-2009, 12:49 AM
We didn't get shut out.
And Poreda looks good. I'm happy, not satisfied, but happy.

Let's build this team up again.

Whitesoxfan23
06-13-2009, 12:52 AM
We didn't get shut out.

Not to be rude, but so what if we didn't get shut out? We ****ing lost the game. That is what counts in the standings, and our offense looked terrible again. The only positive thing that can be taken from this game, is Richard pitched a good ballgame.

Cuck the Fubs
06-13-2009, 12:54 AM

:D: You just made my night....that one literally made me laugh out loud :D:

NDSox12
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
We didn't get shut out.

Doesn't sound like it takes much to please you. I'm never happy about a Sox loss. Some just hurt less than others.

Frankfan4life
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
The 2009 White Sox are a terrible team unfortunately. No if's and's but's about it. That's just the way it is :(:.I prefer to use the word bad. I was at the game today and all I could do was watch in frustration as the same old patterns began to repeat themselves:

Failure to hit with runners in scoring position.
Base running errors.
Fielding errors.
Relief pitchers failing to hold leads.

No matter how much I hope, pray and wish for another outcome, this team is not going to improve. I said to myself after today's loss that it's okay as long as we win the series. I should stop deluding myself but change is hard.

Rohan
06-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Not to be rude, but so what if we didn't get shut out? We ****ing lost the game. That is what counts in the standings, and our offense looked terrible again. The only positive thing that can be taken from this game, is Richard pitched a good ballgame.

Doesn't sound like it takes much to please you. I'm never happy about a Sox loss. Some just hurt less than others.

How long is it going to take you guys to learn? This isn't our season. We're in a "transition". In order to avoid insanity, we as fans need to acknowledge that.

Quit being a bunch of Negative Nancy's. Let's be realists and move on.

Frankfan4life
06-13-2009, 01:14 AM
When the White Sox win it really makes me a happier gal. When the loose, I'm upset, and it sucks. But I just avoid all media..I don't listen to the radio, I don't read newspapers or watch ESPN. It helps, I swear.:whiner:

I guess them loosing doesn't make me any less of a fan. I just have to come to terms that they are going to suck and wish for the best next season.

..or this is what I tell myself.Don't feel like you're the Lone Ranger. I also do the same thing. Sox fans deserve a better team than the one we got.

Chicken Dinner
06-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey, the Rockies just won 9 in a row after they fired their manager. :o:

hi im skot
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Greetings from Milwaukee. I can assure you that the game was just in bad in person as it was on TV.

NDSox12
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM
How long is it going to take you guys to learn? This isn't our season. We're in a "transition". In order to avoid insanity, we as fans need to acknowledge that.

I agree with most of what you said. My reply was in response to you saying you were happy about tonight's game. That doesn't make any sense to me regardless of my expectations for this season. More power to you though...

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Just got back from Milwaukee about a half hour ago. Seven runs on nine hits in just two innings; I wanted to hurl.

Brewer fans aren't the friendliest fans I've ever encountered at all. In fact, I took a lot of heat from some people walking from the ballpark back to my car, just because I had a Sox shirt on. I blame it on Cubs fans who've tainted our reputation. My theory is Brewer fans hate Sox fans just because they're from Chicago; they automatically think we're as bad as Cub fans.

SluggersAway
06-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Who is the leader of this team? Who will light a fire to push them to perform? I see no one that is willing to be vociferous and create a spark. Not Ozzie as he only laughs, not any of the other coaches or the so-called captain.

Say what you will about Carl Everett, but he at least had passion for the game in 2005 and was willing to fire up his team to elicit peak performance.

Since then everyone wants to play it cool and Ozzie just laughs it up. Play cool and it will come. Not quite, the players give up and just cash the paycheck.

When was the last time we saw anyone in the dugout showing any passion or intensity trying to pick a player or the team up? All the dugout shots I see are of aloof players and coaches.

Who is the leader of this team? Who is willing to take control and call a spade a spade when needed?

voodoochile
06-13-2009, 01:32 AM

I'm sure his 0-4 2K 5 LOB night had nothing to do with the loss either, but I didn't get to see the game, so I admit that's strictly an interpretation based on the stats...

Whitesoxfan23
06-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Greetings from Milwaukee. I can assure you that the game was just in bad in person as it was on TV.

I'm sure it was even worse in person. I feel for ya having to be there to see that.

hi im skot
06-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Just got back from Milwaukee about a half hour ago. Seven runs on nine hits in just two innings; I wanted to hurl.

Brewer fans aren't the friendliest fans I've ever encountered at all. In fact, I took a lot of heat from some people walking from the ballpark back to my car, just because I had a Sox shirt on. I blame it on Cubs fans who've tainted our reputation. My theory is Brewer fans hate Sox fans just because they're from Chicago; they automatically think we're as bad as Cub fans.

I had the same experience. Walking from the park to the car was absolutely brutal. My sister and mom were both hearing f-bombs from some douchebags in Brewers gear. The way they were reacting (both during and after the game), you'd swear they just knocked us out of the playoffs or something.

It was a pretty embarrassing display by the Sox, as well as several Brewers "fans".

I wonder if they would have been cooler if they realized that I root for the Brewers when they're not playing the Sox.

hi im skot
06-13-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm sure it was even worse in person. I feel for ya having to be there to see that.

A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at the office.

Milwaukee's a great town, so I intend to have fun regardless of what the Sox decide to do.

Still, it'd be nice to not get our heads beat in.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Hopefully Ozzie doesn't pull Contreras or Buehrle until they want to come out. If they go deep, this could still be a 2-1 series.

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 01:41 AM
I had the same experience. Walking from the park to the car was absolutely brutal. My sister and mom were both hearing f-bombs from some douchebags in Brewers gear. The way they were reacting (both during and after the game), you'd swear they just knocked us out of the playoffs or something.

It was a pretty embarrassing display by the Sox, as well as several Brewers "fans".

I wonder if they would have been cooler if they realized that I root for the Brewers when they're not playing the Sox.

I agree completely with everything you said. My sister and I kept hearing it from a couple of guys who looked to be in their early 20s in Brewers gear. All they kept saying was how we should "go back to ****ing ****cago." There was a time when it was just the two of them and my sister & I, and it was really dark where we were walking. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I wanted to tell them to not judge us based on the Cub fans they're used to dealing with up there, but I knew any words that came out of my mouth could land me in some trouble, so I kept my mouth shut and we just walked even faster than we already were.

palehozenychicty
06-13-2009, 01:49 AM
It was encouraging to see Richard pitch well and Getz get nice swings. Poreda also threw the ball well. Beckham is still struggling, but I think he'll be okay.

TomBradley72
06-13-2009, 01:52 AM
We were there tonight...sat in the TGiFridays section with a great group of White Sox fans...we had a great time...but this is one of the worst White Sox teams I've seen since the Bevington era:

AJ as our clean up hitter?
Brian Anderson is our #5 hitter?
The Dotel debacle thanks to Ozzie
Other than Dye and AJ, I don't think there was another player in our line up that has any value to another MLB team.
If all it takes is injuries to TCQ and PK for us to put a AAA line up on the field...KW should be embarassed at the product on the field after 8 years of his leadership and 4 years after the WS championship.

We're a train wreck and shaping up to be one of the worst teams in MLB this year.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-13-2009, 01:55 AM
I agree completely with everything you said. My sister and I kept hearing it from a couple of guys who looked to be in their early 20s in Brewers gear. All they kept saying was how we should "go back to ****ing ****cago." There was a time when it was just the two of them and my sister & I, and it was really dark where we were walking. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I wanted to tell them to not judge us based on the Cub fans they're used to dealing with up there, but I knew any words that came out of my mouth could land me in some trouble, so I kept my mouth shut and we just walked even faster than we already were.

My daughter and I just got back also. Had similar experience. I live up here (in exile, hope to be elsewhere soon). It can be a nice state in some ways but there is a kinda of collective attitude or inferiority complex, call it what you will, against most things Illinois and Chicago. Actually, best part of the state to me is Madison. Of course a lot of the rest of Wisconsin hates Madison as well. :rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 01:58 AM
We were there tonight...sat in the TGiFridays section with a great group of White Sox fans...we had a great time...but this is one of the worst White Sox teams I've seen since the Bevington era:

AJ as our clean up hitter?
Brian Anderson is our #5 hitter?
The Dotel debacle thanks to Ozzie
Other than Dye and AJ, I don't think there was another player in our line up that has any value to another MLB team.

If all it takes is injuries to TCQ and PK for us to put a AAA line up on the field...KW should be embarassed at the product on the field after 8 years of his leadership and 4 years after the WS championship.

We're a train wreck and shaping up to be one of the worst teams in MLB this year.

That's what I want to do next time I go up there. That looks like a great place to watch a ballgame. I'm glad you had a good time. I did, too, it's just that the Brewer fans around me kind of tainted my experience. I was sitting in 128... also known as where the beach balls kept being tossed around. :rolleyes: A Sox fan deflated one of them and Brewer fans were chanting for me to get thrown out. Believe it or not, he and his group were escorted out!

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2009, 02:05 AM
My daughter and I just got back also. Had similar experience. I live up here (in exile, hope to be elsewhere soon). It can be a nice state in some ways but there is a kinda of collective attitude or inferiority complex, call it what you will, against most things Illinois and Chicago. Actually, best part of the state to me is Madison. Of course a lot of the rest of Wisconsin hates Madison as well. :rolleyes:
That could be; but, I think I'm going to test out that theory myself one of these days. I will attend a Cardinals/Brewers game there wearing my Albert Pujols player t-shirt and see if I would get the same treatment most of you got.

I'm sorry you all had to deal with that! Were you guys pretty much harassed outside of the stadium, or did you all experience a ton of harassment inside as well?

ComiskeyBrewer
06-13-2009, 02:07 AM
It can be a nice state in some ways but there is a kinda of collective attitude or inferiority complex, call it what you will, against most things Illinois and Chicago. Actually, best part of the state to me is Madison. Of course a lot of the rest of Wisconsin hates Madison as well. :rolleyes:

It depends on where in SE wisconsin you live. Here in Walworth County, we get alot of people from chicago who think they are "better" than us simply because they are from Chicago(I've heard the words "what do you know, you're from Wisconsin" more times than i can remember). I don't think there is an inferiority complex about Illinois(to be honest, most wisconsinites kinda look down on the state), but chicago i definately see that(it helps my family isn't from here, so i'm not as biased). As for most people hating Madison, i don't agree with that at all. I've spent most of my life here and outside of madison's ultra liberal leanings, i never hear anybody complain about the city itself. It's very clean and safe and lots of fun.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-13-2009, 02:09 AM
That could be; but, I think I'm going to test out that theory myself one of these days. I will attend a Cardinals/Brewers game there wearing my Albert Pujols player t-shirt and see if I would get the same treatment most of you got.

I'm sorry you all had to deal with that! Were you guys pretty much harassed outside of the stadium, or did you all experience a ton of harassment inside as well?

Mostly outside walking to the car. And I realize alcohol is always a factor.:rolleyes:

ComiskeyBrewer
06-13-2009, 02:10 AM

Depends on when the game is. If it's a weekend game, you will get the drunken 20 somethings for sure. If it's a weeknight game, i think you will be fine. I've noticed over the past 4 years Miller Park is turning more into a party location for college aged kids on the weekends. They start the night at the Keg and then go out to the bars/parties.

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 02:11 AM

Most of the harassment toward us came outside the ballpark as my sister and I were walking to my car. However, there were some snide comments directed my way from a Brewer fan sitting behind me. When the Brewers scored three in the sixth, the guy told me I should just leave now so I can beat the traffic on 94 on my way back to ****cago.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Most of the harassment toward us came outside the ballpark as my sister and I were walking to my car. However, there were some snide comments directed my way from a Brewer fan sitting behind me. When the Brewers scored three in the sixth, the guy told me I should just leave now so I can beat the traffic on 94 on my way back to ****cago.
Now, if that isn't being a total *******. I'd have wanted to give Ozzie a piece of my mind for pulling Richard too early. I probably would've had a few choice words for that guy as well. I can't tolerate individuals who make snide remarks when the other party doesn't even call it upon themselves. Knowing you, you probably never said a word to that guy.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-13-2009, 02:18 AM
It depends on where in SE wisconsin you live. Here in Walworth County, we get alot of people from chicago who think they are "better" than us simply because they are from Chicago(I've heard the words "what do you know, you're from Wisconsin" more times than i can remember). I don't think there is an inferiority complex about Illinois(to be honest, most wisconsinites kinda look down on the state), but chicago i definately see that(it helps my family isn't from here, so i'm not as biased). As for most people hating Madison, i don't agree with that at all. I've spent most of my life here and outside of madison's ultra liberal leanings, i never hear anybody complain about the city itself. It's very clean and safe and lots of fun.

Man, that is pretty rude. I can sure see that pissing Wisconsin people off. And I think you are right that it's mostly directed at Chicago rather than Illinois. Maybe it's just the group of people I work with. Politics aside, I'm always hearing what a hassle Madison is. Don't get it.

Of course, I grew up on the Southside so I'm sure I can be a little biased as well.:redface:

ComiskeyBrewer
06-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Man, that is pretty rude. I can sure see that pissing Wisconsin people off. And I think you are right that it's mostly directed at Chicago rather than Illinois. Maybe it's just the group of people I work with. Politics aside, I'm always hearing what a hassle Madison is. Don't get it.

Of course, I grew up on the Southside so I'm sure I can be a little biased as well.:redface:

I don't get that either. NO traffic at all, great food, great fun, beautiful lakefront area and the capitol square is wonderful. If they don't like it, that's fine, more room for us!:D:

Sorry to hear about Brewer fans treatin you badly. Most of us are great, but alot of the new 20 something fans(which really makes me feel bad, i'm 25 myself so they make other fans think i might be mean too.) are jerks. They annoy me when i go to weekend games even when we aren't playing the cubs. Hopefully your next trip up turns out better.

Nellie_Fox
06-13-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm sure his 0-4 2K 5 LOB night had nothing to do with the loss either, but I didn't get to see the game, so I admit that's strictly an interpretation based on the stats...Coincidence. I have it on good authority.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't get that either. NO traffic at all, great food, great fun, beautiful lakefront area and the capitol square is wonderful. If they don't like it, that's fine, more room for us!:D:

Sorry to hear about Brewer fans treatin you badly. Most of us are great, but alot of the new 20 something fans(which really makes me feel bad, i'm 25 myself so they make other fans think i might be mean too.) are jerks. They annoy me when i go to weekend games even when we aren't playing the cubs. Hopefully your next trip up turns out better.

I do root for the Brew Crew when they play anyone else but us. We're going back for a game against the Twinks on the 23rd. I will be cheering for the Brew Crew then. Still gonna wear my Sox gear tho.:smile:

BigP50
06-13-2009, 02:35 AM
I do root for the Brew Crew when they play anyone else but us. We're going back for a game against the Twinks on the 23rd. I will be cheering for the Brew Crew then. Still gonna wear my Sox gear tho.:smile:

I was at the game, didn't get treated badly but there were about 10 SOX SUCKS directed towards me, which I actually found funny. O well good times.

Foulke You
06-13-2009, 02:54 AM
And intentionally walking the go-ahead run is always risky...but when the batter that you walk is near incapable of hurting you with his sick - he is a slap hitter who hasn't hit a homer in 3 seasons - it's absolutely inane.
Of all the crap that went on in this game, the intentional walk of Kendall was the single thing that pissed me off the most. I absolutely knew that Kendall was going to come around to score the moment Ozzie did it. It is only acceptable to intentionally walk the go-ahead run when the hitter up there is really dangerous. Justin Morneau, Grady Sizemore, and Miguel Cabrera come to mind. However, JASON KENDALL does not fall into that category!! As you pointed out he is a slap hitter at best and is about as dangerous at the plate as a pitcher!

Also, Dotel is one of the most streaky relievers I've ever seen. He has streaks of brilliance and then has streaks like he is going through lately where his fastball is straight and he leaves pitches up in the zone. It's because of this, that I never feel 100% confident when he enters a close ballgame.

Did anyone else have a sinking feeling in their stomach when the Brewers made those back to back stellar defensive plays in the 6th to rob us of at least 2 to 3 runs? This was definitely the momentum swing in tonight's ballgame. Ugh...I'll be out at Miller Park Saturday and Sunday. I hope we salvage something in this series.:(:

CLR01
06-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Can we stop with the whiney they were mean to us crap and quit acting like it doesn't happen at EVERY sports stadium after every game, including US Cellular.

OMG they said **** somebody call the police and have them tased. :rolleyes:

Like to give a shot out to all the haters.

WSox597
06-13-2009, 07:34 AM
By now, I wonder if Mark Buerhle is having second thoughts about his extension.

In his shoes, I probably would be.

They're not fun to watch. My boss is a die hard Sox fan. Lives and dies for the team, watches or listens to just about every game. Attends as many games as he can, the company outing is to Cellular Field.

He's just about puking blood these days.

Johnny Mostil
06-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Did you attend many Sox-Brewers games when both teams were still in the AL? I attended a few, and sometimes the behavior of Sox fans would embarrass me. I've no idea if "we" were as bad as Cub fans--I've never attended a Cubs-Brewers game--but we were pretty bad . . .

wassagstdu
06-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread (what I have to say has nothing to do with the level of courtesy of people in Wisconsin) but I agree with an earlier poster that this team obviously is in transition, and that being the case I think the handling of Gordon Beckham is possibly the most important thing to worry about right now. I see a very bad player right now, a Josh Fields squared, and no signs of improvement as the first-week jitters subside. He does not belong at third. He does not appear to have the quickness, and judging from last night's flub, appears to have too much range. He is a shortstop.

Too bad Uribe is hitting over .300, because I would really like to get him back for Fields, Getz, or Nix and put him at third. I am not as high on Alexei as some (I think he is basically the same player as Uribe, but overrated by as much as Uribe is underrated) and I would cash him in for a pitcher or a center fielder, or at least move him to second to make way for Beckham.

daveeym
06-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm sure his 0-4 2K 5 LOB night had nothing to do with the loss either, but I didn't get to see the game, so I admit that's strictly an interpretation based on the stats...And we're told by you guys theirs a foba problem on this board. I didn't see the game and I'm sure he deserves his share of the blame, but I also haven't seen any foba's in this thread starting smack in this thread (haven't finished reading it yet but hey).

Edit: I've finished the thread now nope no foba comments but a third mod piling on. Just an observation. Maybe they should be moved to the discussion in the roadhouse.:wink:

EdHerman12
06-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Did you attend many Sox-Brewers games when both teams were still in the AL? I attended a few, and sometimes the behavior of Sox fans would embarrass me. I've no idea if "we" were as bad as Cub fans--I've never attended a Cubs-Brewers game--but we were pretty bad . . .

Johnny's right. I too went to Sox @ Brewers games back in the 80's and into the 90's and Sox fans always outnumbered Brewers fans at County Stadium. It was a booze fest :gulp:. Our folks could get pretty nasty :angry:. The Milwaukee fans were always pretty laid back:rolleyes:. Now they like to get chippy :mad:. They've got a nice stadium up there now, that's for sure. I wish they were back in the AL Central...

FarWestChicago
06-13-2009, 09:45 AM
And we're told by you guys theirs a foba problem on this board. I didn't see the game and I'm sure he deserves his share of the blame, but I also haven't seen any foba's in this thread starting smack in this thread (haven't finished reading it yet but hey).

Edit: I've finished the thread now nope no foba comments but a third mod piling on. Just an observation. Maybe they should be moved to the discussion in the roadhouse.:wink:Why are you bitching at us? :dunno:

We have been told by various Nobel Prize winning FOBA's that a BA start is an automatic win. Therefore, considering their intellectual superiority to the rest of us, the Sox won last night and a more accurate news feed is required. I admit, I got home late and I'm not sure BA started.

thedudeabides
06-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Johnny's right. I too went to Sox @ Brewers games back in the 80's and into the 90's and Sox fans always outnumbered Brewers fans at County Stadium. It was a booze fest :gulp:. Our folks could get pretty nasty :angry:. The Milwaukee fans were always pretty laid back:rolleyes:. Now they like to get chippy :mad:. They've got a nice stadium up there now, that's for sure. I wish they were back in the AL Central...

I think people are forgetting that the Sox and Brewers were main rivals before their switch to the national league. I went to a couple of games at County Stadium back in the day. I was pretty young, but my Dad said they were always pretty chirpy games.

The Brewers fans are probably pretty sick of their stadium being overrun by Chicago fans whenever their teams play there.

I'm headed there today with my parents and brothers, I'm hoping since it's a day game it's a little more laid back. It's my first trip to Miller Park, so I'm hoping we can avoid the BS.

Domeshot17
06-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Well it is total BS. Kenny comes out and feeds the fans a bunch of BS about it being a championship team and a championship season. Ozzie comes out and says oh no its not rebuilding we still had Dye and Thome. We strike out on 1 front line pitcher in a trade and then float a rumor we are in on another guy would pretty much laughed at the idea of coming here.

This is not acceptable. I understand teams have rebuilding years, but to pump the fans full of BS to sell tickets sucks. Then when half the fan base sees a spade and calls the spade a spade, the sunshine up your butt other half jumps down their throats.

Every team is going to have years like this that you just suck and you see how your prospects do. It happens, it happened to the Yanks last year. Hell it happened to us in 2007. But to do it every other year is not acceptable.

Ive been against firing Walker because to some extent you can only work with what you are given, but I think its to replace everyone but Cooper. Ozzie's mouth has become detrimental and it appears he really isn't as respected around the league as some thought. If it is going to keep us from landing top guys either via trade or free agency, then he isn't good enough to be worth it. Walker is clearly a veterans hitting coach and if the GM isn't going to fill the team with vets hen he is not the correct guy.

Williams at this point should be on the hotseat. We have regressed horribly from last year and some of his moves have been very suspect. He actually managed to get ripped off for Nick Swisher twice (Swish would currently lead our team in OPS). I am not saying fire him, but we have been so bad the last 3 years, with the money he gets to spend, he needs to be held accountable.

I don't know, personally, I think this Cub Fan attitude half our fan base has drives me nuts some times. Losing should not be ok. 1st round playoff losses spread out over time isn't good enough. I don't give Kenny or Ozzie a lifetime pass because we won a title. Winning a title felt awesome, I want to see what winning the 2nd one feels like, then the 3rd. I don't expect the team to win 1 every year, but I expect to atleast think we can. I will never have the mindset that I was lucky enough to see a title in 2005 and everything else is gravy.

slavko
06-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Why are you bitching at us? :dunno:

We have been told by various Nobel Prize winning FOBA's that a BA start is an automatic win. Therefore, considering their intellectual superiority to the rest of us, the Sox won last night and a more accurate news feed is required. I admit, I got home late and I'm not sure BA started.

"As long as you brought it up"...I thought he had it figured out, so did many others, he pulled a muscle, came back, and is back to square one and that's not a good square. As long as I'm getting started, Beckham belongs in AAA, unless we're trying to screw him up sooner than later. How is his being here helping him or us? Agree with those who think Alexei's not a MLB SS.

I wouldn't mind some judicious selling. Not a mass dump, but be smart about it. Championship aspirations? Gone.

Domeshot17
06-13-2009, 10:34 AM
"As long as you brought it up"...I thought he had it figured out, so did many others, he pulled a muscle, came back, and is back to square one and that's not a good square. As long as I'm getting started, Beckham belongs in AAA, unless we're trying to screw him up sooner than later. How is his being here helping him or us? Agree with those who think Alexei's not a MLB SS.

I wouldn't mind some judicious selling. Not a mass dump, but be smart about it. Championship aspirations? Gone.

Don't ya know, Wise sucks because he was hurt and did not rehab long enough. Brian sucks not because he was hurt, but because Brian sucks. It is also well known Brian Anderson hates old people children hot dogs and apple pie. Brian Anderson is, infact, a terrible, evil person. In a recent scoreboard interview they asked Brian Anderson who his childhood hero was, and he responded King Koopa.

There is never a middle ground. If Brian goes 2 for 4 with a homer then he is king supreme. If Brian goes 0-4 he is the reason we lost. The guy who, if we had a decent team, should be a 9th place hitter out there for his D, is getting the Rex Grossman treatment in Chicago. Amazing.

palehozenychicty
06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread (what I have to say has nothing to do with the level of courtesy of people in Wisconsin) but I agree with an earlier poster that this team obviously is in transition, and that being the case I think the handling of Gordon Beckham is possibly the most important thing to worry about right now. I see a very bad player right now, a Josh Fields squared, and no signs of improvement as the first-week jitters subside. He does not belong at third. He does not appear to have the quickness, and judging from last night's flub, appears to have too much range. He is a shortstop.

Too bad Uribe is hitting over .300, because I would really like to get him back for Fields, Getz, or Nix and put him at third. I am not as high on Alexei as some (I think he is basically the same player as Uribe, but overrated by as much as Uribe is underrated) and I would cash him in for a pitcher or a center fielder, or at least move him to second to make way for Beckham.

I like Alexei as well (he's in the sig), but I've seen a lot of boneheaded errors these past two season with the great instincts. He is a skinnier version of Uribe, but makes more contact when he's hot. I wouldn't keep him at short over Beckham.

I really don't like the way Beckham's being handled, but I've said that before and will let it go.

slavko
06-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't ya know, Wise sucks because he was hurt and did not rehab long enough. Brian sucks not because he was hurt, but because Brian sucks. It is also well known Brian Anderson hates old people children hot dogs and apple pie. Brian Anderson is, infact, a terrible, evil person. In a recent scoreboard interview they asked Brian Anderson who his childhood hero was, and he responded King Koopa.

There is never a middle ground. If Brian goes 2 for 4 with a homer then he is king supreme. If Brian goes 0-4 he is the reason we lost. The guy who, if we had a decent team, should be a 9th place hitter out there for his D, is getting the Rex Grossman treatment in Chicago. Amazing.

I respectfully disagree with half of this. I am a BA supporter, but just before the injury, there were consistently good at bats, contact hitting, taking bad pitches, a measure of stability, a middle ground. Back to square one means one good day a week and that's where he is now. We agree on his defense and where he should be hitting.

voodoochile
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM
And we're told by you guys theirs a foba problem on this board. I didn't see the game and I'm sure he deserves his share of the blame, but I also haven't seen any foba's in this thread starting smack in this thread (haven't finished reading it yet but hey).

Edit: I've finished the thread now nope no foba comments but a third mod piling on. Just an observation. Maybe they should be moved to the discussion in the roadhouse.:wink:

To chicken to quote West's post that I quoted I see... byuck byuck byuck...:tongue:

Of course not, their boy had a miserable day at the plate and Wise didn't play. They've got nothing to bitch about or rejoice about. You should read the PG threads or even game threads when BA manages to get a hit and actually score or get an RBI. There's ALWAYS a shoutout to his greatness when that happens... Just trying to be fair and keep it real...:D:

ComiskeyBrewer
06-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm headed there today with my parents and brothers, I'm hoping since it's a day game it's a little more laid back. It's my first trip to Miller Park, so I'm hoping we can avoid the BS.

I'll be there too. I"m in the left field bleachers. You see a big(6'3) White guy with a brewers Jersey on with a woman about a foot shorter and looks obvious out of his league, that's me. :redneck Come say hi.

MarySwiss
06-13-2009, 11:28 AM
We owned a summer cottage in Montello (Marquette County) for 13 years, and I found that some people from Chicago did have that attitude, but not all. For our part, we always patronized the local businesses--bought our boat in Green Lake, insured it through the local insurance company, had our mortgage and a bank account in the local branch, etc. I even waited to have my hair cut until we got up there. (In fact, when my former hair stylist was in Arizona a few years ago, she dropped by for a visit.)

However, it cut both ways. We attended lake association meetings where a local would get up to speak, and you'd swear someone from Chicago killed his dog. Some felt that we should have no say whatsoever in how things were run, despite the fact that we paid taxes on our properties--higher if they were waterfront)--and we and our guests poured money into the town's economy.

I loved Montello and considered Wisconsin a second home. That's why I root for the Brewers and Packers (most of the time). I also loved Madison. We would occasionally make an overnight stop there instead of driving straight through to Montello, and I thought it was a very nice, friendly city.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
We owned a summer cottage in Montello (Marquette County) for 13 years, and I found that some people from Chicago did have that attitude, but not all. For our part, we always patronized the local businesses--bought our boat in Green Lake, insured it through the local insurance company, had our mortgage and a bank account in the local branch, etc. I even waited to have my hair cut until we got up there. (In fact, when my former hair stylist was in Arizona a few years ago, she dropped by for a visit.)

However, it cut both ways. We attended lake association meetings where a local would get up to speak, and you'd swear someone from Chicago killed his dog. Some felt that we should have no say whatsoever in how things were run, despite the fact that we paid taxes on our properties--higher if they were waterfront)--and we and our guests poured money into the town's economy.

I loved Montello and considered Wisconsin a second home. That's why I root for the Brewers and Packers (most of the time). I also loved Madison. We would occasionally make an overnight stop there instead of driving straight through to Montello, and I thought it was a very nice, friendly city.

Yea, i shouldn't have made it seem like it was only on the chicago folks that were wronging people(i didn't mean for it to come out that way). IMO, anybody who owns property gets a say. You're payin taxes, you should have a vote. There are morons out there, no matter if they have Wisconsin plates on thier cars, or Illinois plates.

MarySwiss
06-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Yea, i shouldn't have made it seem like it was only on the chicago folks that were wronging people(i didn't mean for it to come out that way). IMO, anybody who owns property gets a say. You're payin taxes, you should have a vote. There are morons out there, no matter if they have Wisconsin plates on thier cars, or Illinois plates.

No problem; I didn't take it that way. And I should have added that I knew of some people from Chicago who owned property there but refused to patronize the local businesses as much as they could. They'd lug their food up from home, for example, and only buy what was necessary at the local stores. And here's a weird thing; the locals I ran into who had an attitude toward Chicagoans felt pretty much the same way about people from Milwaukee!

ode to veeck
06-13-2009, 11:44 AM

depends on which history of the universe you're turned into (explains the proliferation of FOBAs FOBBs etc too)

Johnny Mostil
06-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Don't exaggerate. It's only the economics laureates who claim that. The physics laureates claim the same for SP. Some literature laureates claim that for DW, others claim it for JO. And the peace laureates want the Sox to clean house and start a grammar teacher in CF.:redneck

Domeshot17
06-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I respectfully disagree with half of this. I am a BA supporter, but just before the injury, there were consistently good at bats, contact hitting, taking bad pitches, a measure of stability, a middle ground. Back to square one means one good day a week and that's where he is now. We agree on his defense and where he should be hitting.

I meant in terms of the way he is treated, not the way he plays. Ive always said if Brian can hit 240-250 with a 700 + OPS he should be hitting 9th and starting. He is a very good base runner, has good (not great) speed, and his D is awesome. In the 9 hole we are not looking for production as much as someone who does ENOUGH right. Very few teams have some great 9 hole hitter.

JB98
06-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I attended last night's crapfest in Milwaukee. We stayed overnight up there. Arrived back home about an hour ago.

Yeah, we caught a fair amount of **** from Brewers fans, but that comes with the territory when you're cheering for the visiting team. I just ignored the taunts. I was there to watch baseball and spend time with friends, not to get in a pissing match with the other team's fans. If the Sox had won last night, I wouldn't have taunted anybody. When I was college age, I might have engaged in that type of behavior. Just too old for that **** now.

As far as the game goes, we had five No. 9 hitters in the lineup last night. Predictable results ensued. As the thread title says, the Sox are just bad this year. Grin and bear it.

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately that's the way its going to be...Milwaukee is our little brother and there is always going to be a shoving match when it comes to anything...little brother has to put up a fight doesn't he?

DickAllen72
06-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Who is the leader of this team? Who will light a fire to push them to perform? I see no one that is willing to be vociferous and create a spark. Not Ozzie as he only laughs, not any of the other coaches or the so-called captain.

Say what you will about Carl Everett, but he at least had passion for the game in 2005 and was willing to fire up his team to elicit peak performance.

Carl was the clubhouse leader of the 2005 Sox.

Another thing about Carl was how he would completely change his stance and approach at the plate with two strikes just to make contact and try to get on base. I wish some of the Sox current "hitters" ( I use that term loosely) would do the same.

Carl also drove in a lot of key runs that year. I remember att one point in the season he was leading the league in driving in go-ahead runs and/or winning runs.

Carl took a lot of abuse from people because they didn't agree with his social/religious views.

ChiSoxGirl
06-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Now, if that isn't being a total *******. I'd have wanted to give Ozzie a piece of my mind for pulling Richard too early. I probably would've had a few choice words for that guy as well. I can't tolerate individuals who make snide remarks when the other party doesn't even call it upon themselves. Knowing you, you probably never said a word to that guy.

I just sat in my seat with my scorebook scoring the game. Besides, saying something to this particular guy in return wouldn't have had pretty results; he totally would've done me in.

Can we stop with the whiney they were mean to us crap and quit acting like it doesn't happen at EVERY sports stadium after every game, including US Cellular.

OMG they said **** somebody call the police and have them tased. :rolleyes:

Like to give a shot out to all the haters.

All I was doing was using this board to share my experience from being at Miller Park. I never said this kind of behavior doesn't happen elsewhere or even at Comiskey Park because I know it does. One of the reasons I quit going to Sox/Cubs games at Comiskey is because the behavior of Sox fans is embarrassing and I don't like being associated with that bunch of "fans."

I just remember how Pirates, Tigers, and Rays fans have treated me at PNC, Comerica, and The Trop when I've gone to see the Sox play at those ballparks, and ALL of those people were very nice to me, even when we took two of three at PNC in 2006 and swept the Rays in 2007. I'm not an instigator when I go into an opposing ballpark- I wear my Sox gear with pride and cheer them loudly with other Sox fans in the ballpark when they do something good; I don't start chirping because there's no point.

I'm only in my 20s; the Brewers moved to the NL a few months after I graduated high school, so I never got to any Sox/Brewers games in the '90s.