PDA

View Full Version : This isn't a big deal.


SoxxoS
06-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Dissapointing? Yes. A big deal? No. We aren't through half the season. Minnesota has proven they can't beat the good teams. The problem is, as of now, we can't either. But, we have more talent than the Twins, and sooner or later we are going to start getting the breaks. Let's not forget, We should of took 2 or 3 from the Yankees, Garland is really coming around, Wright is making strides, and we haven't hit our stride yet. Just remember last year, when it was our GOAL to get to .500. Everyone has to remember that. Plus we are 4 games out. The lead should be more like 8. So, it isnt' time to worry or panic. This could be the most meaningful week ever, b/c it might mike KW look REAL hard at Nardi and what he has "done" (or lack there of) I would take a 7 game losing streak early in the season if we get rid of Nardi. :)



:firenardi

SoxxoS
06-02-2002, 04:16 PM
And we have a 10 game homestand coming out, starting with the Royals. Does anyone have any idea who we can hire as a new pitching coach? Or, do you think we will just hire from within the organization.

Viva Magglio
06-02-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
And we have a 10 game homestand coming out, starting with the Royals. Does anyone have any idea who we can hire as a new pitching coach? Or, do you think we will just hire from within the organization.

Don Cooper.

doublem23
06-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
And we have a 10 game homestand coming out, starting with the Royals. Does anyone have any idea who we can hire as a new pitching coach? Or, do you think we will just hire from within the organization.

Tommy John?

IA_soxfan
06-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
And we have a 10 game homestand coming out, starting with the Royals. Does anyone have any idea who we can hire as a new pitching coach? Or, do you think we will just hire from within the organization.

I'd try for Cal Eldred.

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2002, 05:54 PM
If they don't get their heads out of their asses and stop playing scared,then it will be a big deal.And Sox killers Mike Sweeney and Joe Randa will be here this week.

Please,God,keep the ball down!!


:kipper

"It's beautiful on the East Coast.Kenny and Nardi can't screw with me there."

MattSharp
06-02-2002, 05:56 PM
Yea the Sox could still pull out of the division but so what? I want to see some playoff wins and players improving. The Sox have all this raw talent and more piliing up everyday. Either go somewhere i nthe playoffs or start rebuilding. Yes its early, but this team isn't gonna win any World Series.....

Daver
06-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Tommy John?

Tommy John accepted a minor league pitching coach job with another organization,the name of which escapes me at the monent.

MarqSox
06-02-2002, 06:18 PM
On the upside, we still have 19 games against the Twins to play. That's where the season lies, really. If we only play .500 against the rest of the league (which, unfortunately, we have), we'll still win the division if we can take 12 of 19 from the Twins. Granted, they whooped our crap last year, but that don't mean nothin. Let's put this awful week behind us and remember, the Twinkies will choke.

baggio202
06-02-2002, 07:19 PM
well..anyone who has followed the sox the last 10 years or so knows anytime a sox team falls more than 3 games back...the sky really could be falling....

Procol Harum
06-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
On the upside, we still have 19 games against the Twins to play. That's where the season lies, really. If we only play .500 against the rest of the league (which, unfortunately, we have), we'll still win the division if we can take 12 of 19 from the Twins. Granted, they whooped our crap last year, but that don't mean nothin. Let's put this awful week behind us and remember, the Twinkies will choke.

There seems to be an increasing tendency to dismiss all of our competition out-of -hand on this board. It is particularly surprising given the decades of Sox history that weighs down upon us. And even after we have single-handedly resurrected the Indians from the AL Central dead, everybody is still talkin' smack about the Twinks. At some point our guys are going to have to prove their superiority on the field. So far--there's been precious little evidence to back up all the woofin'.

Here's hopin' that the 19 games against Minnesota will prove to be an "upside." But, from what I've seen of Sox pitching, defense, and non-hitting--to say nothing of the lethal potential of Nardi mound visits and JM strategy--I'm having a hard time seeing us whipping up on the Twins. Particularly, I'm having disturbing visions of the Sox defense in the Baggie Dome on that rug (Durham, Lee, Valentine--need I say more?). There's gonna hafta be a major turn-around and soon if we want to win this division.

FanOf14
06-02-2002, 11:35 PM
He had a great effect on the kids last year when he was in the dugout while hurt. They even said he helped them out alot, so who better to listen to than the guys who the perspective coach would be coaching?!?!?!

BRING ON ELDRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarqSox
06-02-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
He had a great effect on the kids last year when he was in the dugout while hurt. They even said he helped them out alot, so who better to listen to than the guys who the perspective coach would be coaching?!?!?!

BRING ON ELDRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is a good idea! :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
He had a great effect on the kids last year when he was in the dugout while hurt. They even said he helped them out alot, so who better to listen to than the guys who the perspective coach would be coaching?!?!?!

BRING ON ELDRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that motion!!!

Heather the Redbird

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Tommy John? A friend who was just in from Chicago for my daughter's (Czalgosz' sister's) wedding brought me a baseball autographed by the 1965 White Sox that he found while cleaning out his closet. Tommy John is on there. Some of the signatures I'm still trying to decipher :D:


Originally posted by daver
Tommy John accepted a minor league pitching coach job with another organization,the name of which escapes me at the monent. It's always been acknowledged that a team will let team talk to a coach about a better position than the one he currently holds.

Paulwny
06-03-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by daver


Tommy John accepted a minor league pitching coach job with another organization,the name of which escapes me at the monent.

Expo's AA team in Penn.