PDA

View Full Version : If we only had some hitting

barryball
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM
This season reminds of the year that Mags and Frank got heart and we had no hitting, I think it was 2003 or 2004. Our starting pitching is pretty good with Buerhle, Floyd, Danks, The renewed Contreras and Richards. I releif has been good all year especially Dotel, Thornton and Jenks. Are fielding has been good but we miss Crede (his bat as well). If TCQ is healthy we would have won 3 maybe 4 games more since he has been out. I am not sure if KW can add the bats we need assuming TCQ comes back in 2 weeks. Pods has been a big bonus and deserves to play CF when TCQ gets back. We need a some hitting from 3B either Beckham or Fields and I say go with the better fielder and hope Beckham begins to hit. We need a bat to platoon with Thome against lefties and someone who can get a big hit now and then.

Scottiehaswheels
06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Move Beckham to SS, Alexei back to 2B, and go get an adequate 3B via trade. One of either Getz/Nix back to the farm. As bad as this team is, I'm unsure that blowing it up now to not win this crappy division, is worthy of the higher draft pick it would net us anyways.

Frankfan4life
06-12-2009, 01:41 AM
It seems like the Sox are pretty good at getting on base and have become better at getting runners over but the getting-in part still needs a lot of work.

SephClone89
06-12-2009, 01:53 AM
It seems like the Sox are pretty good at getting on base and have become better at getting runners over but the getting-in part still needs a lot of work.

One can only hope that going from having no baserunners to have a ton and not getting any in is just part of a logical progression...