PDA

View Full Version : Twinks-Cubs series

WhiteSoxOnly
06-11-2009, 08:32 PM
We are in a position of hoping the twinks lose all 3 games
to the cute & cuddlies the next 3 days while our beloved are
in Milwaukee...we're all in for that right ? as much as you
want to barf at the thought of hoping the cubs win...

DumpJerry
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
If anyone wonders what the definition of "Flubsessed" is, I think that has been cleared up now.

Frater Perdurabo
06-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Is it flubsessed to hope the Twins and Cubs play 27 innings each game, burning through each other's bullpens, with the Cubs winning 17-16 in each game? :tongue:

TDog
06-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Do you think many Cubs fans will be rooting for the Brewers this weekend?

Rocky Soprano
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM

:scratch:
Last time I checked, the Twins are in our division so I hope they lose.
We need all the help we can get.

chisoxfanatic
06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Do you think many Cubs fans will be rooting for the Brewers this weekend?
Only the idiots.

Oh, wait! That applies to 95% of that fanbase.

DumpJerry
06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
The truly Flubsessed will not see it that way. Hating on the Cubs is more important than anything else. Someone who would even feel a need to have to spend a second deciding whom to cheer for in this match-up needs to turn in his/her White Sox card at the door.

chisoxfanatic
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
It's too bad Z isn't pitching during the series. I'd seriously love one of his fastballs to "accidentally" hit Morneau.

TheOldRoman
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
If anyone wonders what the definition of "Flubsessed" is, I think that has been cleared up now.A person so obsessed with the Cubs and blinded by hatred that he can't use their actual name, but has to resort to the childish and not funny term "flubs"?

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Is it flubsessed to hope the Twins and Cubs play 27 innings each game, burning through each other's bullpens, with the Cubs winning 17-16 in each game? :tongue:

Sounds good to me.

I just checked the Twins rotation for that series. Slowey goes tomorrow and IIRC he has their best ERA of the series for the Twins.

In every start against the AL Central it's "GO CUBBIES" for me.

06-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I hope the twins get absolutely destroyed. And I wouldn't be too upset at some injuries as well.

WhiteSox5187
06-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I hope the twins get absolutely destroyed. And I wouldn't be too upset at some injuries as well.

In an ideal world each game goes at least 15 both teams frequently go to their bullpens. But I will be rooting for the Cubs. As painful as that is.

doublem23
06-12-2009, 06:31 AM
This is win/win... Under normal circumstances, I'd be all for the Cubs beating on the Twins, but if we're going to suck, at least misery loves company.

Johnny Mostil
06-12-2009, 06:47 AM

This is true, but with the Sox being five games below .500, and the calendar being in the first half of June, I can't much get into scoreboard watching.

The Critic
06-12-2009, 07:26 AM
I'll be at Sunday's game with my sister, rooting against the Twins.

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 07:33 AM
I expect the Twins to get swept. My officemate who is a Cub fan tells me the Cubs are the greatest sports team in the history of sports dating back to ancient Greece. My officemate is never wrong.

spawn
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I expect the Twins to get swept. My officemate who is a Cub fan tells me the Cubs are the greatest sports team in the history of sports dating back to ancient Greece. My officemate is never wrong.
If the Cubs would've fought alongside the Spartans during the Battle of Thermopylae, Xerxes' forces would've been defeated the first day.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 07:53 AM

I want the Sox to benefit from these Cubs and Sox interleague games. The downside of the Cubs winning over the AL Central teams is then I get to hear how the AL Central sucks.

white sox bill
06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Twinks-cub series.....kinda like an arm wrestling match between Saddam and Bin Ladin......or Dahmer vs Gacy.

white sox bill
06-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Substantiated by all the World Series trophy's.

doublem23
06-12-2009, 08:14 AM
I want the Sox to benefit from these Cubs and Sox interleague games. The downside of the Cubs winning over the AL Central teams is then I get to hear how the AL Central sucks.

Well, that would be a credible opinion this year. Our division is down.

Jimmy Piersall
06-12-2009, 08:36 AM

The cubs are zoo stink.

LoveYourSuit
06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Sad thing is that if it is Cubs vs Tigers, people would still be debating on this thread :rolleyes:

:threadblows:

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Sad thing is that if it is Cubs vs Tigers, people would still be debating on this thread :rolleyes:

:threadblows:
Ummm...no. There would be a Cubs/Tigers thread.

jdm2662
06-12-2009, 01:36 PM

The AL Central does suck.

russ99
06-12-2009, 01:59 PM
In an ideal world each game goes at least 15 both teams frequently go to their bullpens. But I will be rooting for the Cubs. As painful as that is.

This is quite a conundrum.

My hatred for the Twins and Cubs is about equally as massive. So I hope the Cubs win 2 of 3. A sweep would give the nimrod Cub fans way too much of a big head going into the rare midweek Crosstown series.

Martinigirl
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I know logically that I should want the Twins to win, but when I turned on the game, the thought of cheering for either team was so unappealing, I just turned it off.

I can want the Twins to lose but I have no desire to actually watch the Cubs win, if that makes any sense.

SoxFan1979
06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
GO CUBS! :o:

Iwritecode
06-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I can want the Twins to lose but I have no desire to actually watch the Cubs win, if that makes any sense.

That's pretty much how I look at any Cubs vs ALC team.

DSpivack
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
I know logically that I should want the Twins to win, but when I turned on the game, the thought of cheering for either team was so unappealing, I just turned it off.

Yeah, I just turned it on. It's a very weird feeling, worse for me in that sense than Red Sox-Yankees.

EuroSox35
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Let me put it this way, Cubs fans wouldn't cheer for the Sox against the Pirates and Reds, and that's how I view the Twins. The Twins are not going to seriously compete for the division because the Tigers are for real. That doesn't mean the Sox are better, but yeah, I don't take a team that needs cheap ballpark advantages to win games seriously, and I don't share this huge hatred people have of the Twins here, they're irrelevant to me, I don't waste my time hating them. Combine that with the fact that the Sox don't need the Cubs help to take the division, they'll either take it themselves or blow it themselves like they're doing now. I hate Cleveland and their fans, and I think the Tigers are for real, so in those cases I'd cheer for the Cubs but in this series any result will make me smile.

I'm sure this post will get ripped on but then again so did one that just mentioned the anticipation for the Cubs-Sox series. To me it shows more of an inferiority complex to be scared to mention the Cubs or offer any opinion on them for fear of being obsessed with them, but to each their own. I find it pretty easy to hate them without being obsessed with them, and I don't really see how poking fun at the Cubs shows how much I care about the Sox, but way to feed into their insults, which along with attendance, is the only thing they have, even though they sure do love those 'Sox suck' shirts and sure talk about it when we lose.

LITTLE NELL
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
After almost 60 years of hating the Cubs I just can't root for them. Let the Twins take 2 or 3 and we will just have to take care of business and beat the Twinkies on our own. The way we are playing it might be all for nothing anyway.

Rockin Robin
06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Pretty impressive turnout by the Twins fans though. HUUUGE roars when Mauer hit his HR.

Even if it is Twins fans, I get a kick out of any fanbase hijacking the urinal.

The Immigrant
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
The AL Central does suck.

The NL Central is worse.

JGarlandrules20
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Pretty impressive turnout by the Twins fans though. HUUUGE roars when Mauer hit his HR.

Even if it is Twins fans, I get a kick out of any fanbase hijacking the urinal.

Apparently Mauer gave out a lot of tickets for this series. He reserved 79 hotel rooms for family/friends, hah.

SoxFan1979
06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry Cubs suck yes but they don't play in the ALC. The Sox need all the help they can get right now and if it means the Flubs taking 3 straight over the Twinks so be it.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Milton Bradley is the dumbest ****ing baseball player I have ever seen!!!!!!! What a great signing Hendry!!!!!!!!!!!

06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
That was FUNNY!

soltrain21
What made that play great is that he caught it sideways like an idiot to begin with.

There were two outs, Milton. Not three - you dip****.

Martinigirl
Milton Bradley is the dumbest ****ing baseball player I have ever seen!!!!!!! What a great signing Hendry!!!!!!!!!!!

That was hilarious.

He is like the majority of people in the bleechers, he has no idea what is going on and how many outs there are in an inning.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
What made that play great is that he caught it sideways like an idiot to begin with.

There were two outs, Milton. Not three - you dip****.
He posed like it was a tough catch. What an *******!!!

johnnyg83
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Milt, you funny.

soltrain21
06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
They need to change the rule. On a play like that the runner should be able to score automatically. What a ****ing idiot.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
They need to change the rule. On a play like that the runner should be able to score automatically. What a ****ing idiot.
I agree on both points.

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Milton "The Rhodes Scholar" Bradley strikes again!

Who will he blame for this one?

Jimmy Piersall
06-12-2009, 03:57 PM

MLB for not telling him the rules,cub fans for booing him in
advance,and the media for being at the game and then
reporting it...oh yeah,Tom Skilling didn't get him enough
clouds in the sky.

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 03:57 PM
That was hilarious.

He is like the majority of people in the bleechers, he has no idea what is going on and how many outs there are in an inning.
But then the boo birds came...:D:

Maybe I should teach him how to count.

Big D
06-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I guess that play demonstrates why you should never count on the Cubs for anything. I don't expect any help from them this weekend.

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
But then the boo birds came...:D:

Maybe I should teach him how to count.
Hold off on that lesson until after we play them. Thanks.

Better, confuse him. Give him some Algebraic formula to explain when to catch a fly ball.

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Hold off on that lesson until after we play them. Thanks.

Better, confuse him. Give him some Algebraic formula to explain when to catch a fly ball.
Basic Algebra??? Pfffff! Not confusing enough!

I'll go ahead and break out the Abstract Algebra...I'll have him thinking about Homomorphisms & Isomorphisms. :D:

DirtySox
06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Have been following this one on Gameday, would someone explain what Milton did exactly?

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Have been following this one on Gameday, would someone explain what Milton did exactly?
Read the previous page of this thread. Classic!

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 04:08 PM
He lazily caught a fly ball, which was the 2nd out. But, then, he stopped and threw it into the right field bleachers. He did not realize there were only 2 outs. The runner on 1st was allowed 3rd base.

DirtySox
06-12-2009, 04:09 PM
He lazily caught a fly ball, which was the 2nd out. But, then, he stopped and threw it into the right field bleachers. He did not realize there were only 2 outs. The batter was awarded a triple.

Thanks. Wasn't a clear description on the previous page. Will have to see this on MLBTV later.

spawn
06-12-2009, 04:10 PM
He lazily caught a fly ball, which was the 2nd out. But, then, he stopped and threw it into the right field bleachers. He did not realize there were only 2 outs. The batter was awarded a triple.
How was the batter awarded a triple? That's not possible if Bradley caught the fly ball. The batter is out.

SoxGirl4Life
06-12-2009, 04:10 PM

That is beautiful!

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
How was the batter awarded a triple? That's not possible if Bradley caught the fly ball. The batter is out.
I didn't mean to type that. What I meant to say is that the runner on 1st was allowed 3rd base.

Iwritecode
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM

There were runners on 1st and 3rd. Runner on 3rd scored. Runner on 1st went to 3rd.

SoxGirl4Life
06-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I didn't mean to type that. What I meant to say is that the runner on 1st was allowed 3rd base.

That's still beautiful!

SoxFan1979
06-12-2009, 04:14 PM

The way he caught it LOL what a moron.

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for nothing, Cubs!!!

Railsplitter
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Actually, I'd love to see the Cubs have a burned out bull pen going into the Sox series. And burned out starters, too.

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd love for us to have a ton of storms on Sunday forcing the Cubs to have to play the Twins on Monday.

DumpJerry
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Actually, I'd love to see the Cubs have a burned out bull pen going into the Sox series. And burned out starters, too.
They need to have Milton Bradley play in each game against us.

Big D
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
If the Cubs can't help us, they might as well lose in as embarrassing a manner as possible. So great job today, Milton!

Foulke You
06-12-2009, 05:07 PM
For my own curiosity, I listened to a couple innings today in the car. With the hatred I have for both teams, it was hard but I was "rooting" for the Cubs because it was best for our Sox. Still, I had a good laugh when Bradley threw the ball into the stands.

Bradley has had a horrible year. Aaron Miles has been pretty useless for them. Fukudome had three Ks today and is starting to look a lot like he did in the second half last year. Soriano's avg had dropped 40 points in the last couple weeks and their bullpen has been pretty bad overall. The only thing keeping the Cubs afloat is their solid starting pitching. We aren't the only team in Chicago that is having some big problems.

Frankie5Angels
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
If I believed the White Sox had a chance to win this division and I thought it was between the Sox and the Twins, then I would hope the Cubs would win, but I hope the cubbies get swept.

Johnny Mostil
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
He lazily caught a fly ball, which was the 2nd out. But, then, he stopped and threw it into the right field bleachers. He did not realize there were only 2 outs. The runner on 1st was allowed 3rd base.

May the baseball gods forgive my carping about Sox outfielders as long as Milton Bradley plays elsewhere . . .

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
For my own curiosity, I listened to a couple innings today in the car. With the hatred I have for both teams, it was hard but I was "rooting" for the Cubs because it was best for our Sox. Still, I had a good laugh when Bradley through the ball into the stands.

Bradley has had a horrible year. Aaron Miles has been pretty useless for them. Fukudome had three Ks today and is starting to look a lot like he did in the second half last year. Soriano's avg had dropped 40 points in the last couple weeks and their bullpen has been pretty bad overall. The only thing keeping the Cubs afloat is their solid starting pitching. We aren't the only team in Chicago that is having some big problems.

That's all true. However I am very bummed about the Sox because I was suckered into believing in this team after the last road trip. Alas, it was just a mirage.

pearso66
06-13-2009, 11:08 AM
I turned on my car yesterday after work, and there was some guy I didn't recognize on the Score, and he said that this series is confusing for Sox fans, because if they win, they help the Cubs.

Come on, That is the dumbest statement I had ever heard, it blows anything I have ever heard from Murphy out of the water. What about the Cubs fans? If they win they help the Sox. This is a rare weekend where I am rooting for not only the Sox, but also the Cubs. Divisional opponents are more important than that other team in town.

Jaffar
06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I turned on my car yesterday after work, and there was some guy I didn't recognize on the Score, and he said that this series is confusing for Sox fans, because if they win, they help the Cubs.

Come on, That is the dumbest statement I had ever heard, it blows anything I have ever heard from Murphy out of the water. What about the Cubs fans? If they win they help the Sox. This is a rare weekend where I am rooting for not only the Sox, but also the Cubs. Divisional opponents are more important than that other team in town.

You are lying, such Sox fans do not exist. I was told so several times over the past few days on the Score.

voodoochile
06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
One more reason to hate the flubbies, they are rolling over and playing dead for the twinkies...

thomas35forever
06-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh my. What a rally this would be.:o:

SoxGirl4Life
06-13-2009, 03:02 PM
No rally. Nathan shuts them down.

TDog
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
It is entirely possible that by the time I push the entire button, I will be proven wrong, especially since I'm getting accounts of the game on the Internet, but sacrificing runners to second and third when you are down to runs in the ninth, especially with a pinch-hitter, increases the Twins chances of winning immensely. Sacrificing a runner to second down by one run is bad enough.

I keep hearing that the Cubs have a smart manager. If he wins this game, he will be a lucky manager. Very lucky.

thomas35forever
06-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Why people root for this team is beyond me. You can't count on them to do anything.

TDog
06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Why people root for this team is beyond me. You can't count on them to do anything.

Counting on a team to do something has no relationship to why you root for them. Baseball is about losing for most teams anyway.

I've rooted for the White Sox as long as I've been a baseball fan. I was rooting for them the night they lost to the Angels 19-0 some years ago. I was rooting for them the day this year when they lost 20-1 to the Twins. I'm rooting for them today, regardless of outcome.

I don't scratch my head and wonder why people are fans of any team. I do, however, sometimes wonder why they have to be jerks about it.

1908<2005
06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
They're better than us...

WhiteSoxOnly
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Dog poop,elephant poop,horsepoop...they all stink.

TDog
06-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Are you saying Cubs fans are better than Sox fans?

SoxGirl4Life
06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Ouch. The Twins sent the guy who shut out the Cubs down to the minors after the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290613116

soltrain21
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM

The White Sox have really only done "one thing" my entire life. The rest is disappointment.

slavko
06-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Fukudome is getting that corkscrew motion where his hips open too early again. My offer to him from last year to come over and dig me some post holes still stands. He still leads the team in BA, but look at those other players' averages.

DumpJerry
06-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Text message I sent a Cub fan today:

"Looks like we're helping those who cannot help themselves."

He did thank me.

StillMissOzzie
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM

Interleague rules should be created whereas both teams lose.

SMO
:o::tongue::gulp:

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Interleague rules should be created whereas both teams lose.

SMO
:o::tongue::gulp:

How about this--They play the game out like normal. Whenever Carlos Gomez showboats, deduct a run from the Twins. Whenever a Cub fan throws anything onto the field, deduct a run from the Cubs. By the time the game is done, there will be a negative score, so nobody wins! :tongue:

DrCrawdad
06-14-2009, 12:01 AM
How about this--They play the game out like normal. Whenever Carlos Gomez showboats, deduct a run from the Twins. Whenever a Cub fan throws anything onto the field, deduct a run from the Cubs. By the time the game is done, there will be a negative score, so nobody wins! :tongue:

Did Gomez do something in the games at Wrigley?

WSox597
06-14-2009, 06:34 AM

I like it, but you better hope Hawk doesn't read this board. He will be most unhappy about your Gomez comments. :D:

Hawk has a major mancrush on Gomez. Well, the Twins in general, but Gomez especially.

And Gardenhire, too, come to think of it.

voodoochile
06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Woot! Flubbies salvaged a win!

Thank you flubbies, hope you don't win again until Friday, then feel free to go on a 7 game win streak...

DumpJerry
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Q-zfofu7w) it is for your view pleasure.