PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas...

THE_HOOTER
06-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Sucks!

Ray Durham suck!

Clayton sucks!

P. Konerko sucked today!

This team sucks, and I hope a fire sale happens immediately!

I am embarrassed to be a fan of these bums!

For those of you you will say this is drastic- I am sick of consistent **** baseball out of the Sox.

Many people loved the Ritchie deal, and that move certainly is killing us now.

We can rebuild around Fogg, Garland, Wells, and Wright.

Throw in an overpaid p*ssy, and he will be traded for notyhing!

What a shame --1997 here we come again.

voodoochile
06-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Sucks!

Ray Durham suck!

Clayton sucks!

P. Konerko sucked today!

For those of you you will say this is drastic- I am sick of consistent **** baseball out of the Sox.

dumbass rant of the day right there...

MattSharp
06-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I concur......

Paulwny
06-02-2002, 03:01 PM

Totally agree with you voodoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RKMeibalane
06-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Let's try to keep things in prespective. Yes, things are bad- extremely bad, in fact. But the sun will come up tomorrow, and there will be another baseball game for the White Sox. Let's try to avoid whining and complaining- we don't want to sound like Julio Ramirez or Jamie Navarro.

THE_HOOTER
06-02-2002, 03:21 PM
I suppose my rant is pimpy but we just let Cleveland right back in the door.

Aside from Boston we haven't been beating any strong teams.

I will apologize for my rant because I like the posters who said it was immature.

Do you guys realize that our starting pitching was all we were worried about in spring training and as of today it's been our most consistent aspect of the team?

The lineup disappears. Either Clayton, Valentin, or Durham needs to be replaced and Crede should have a shot.

The bullpen is up and mostly down. I feel it's better than we think-come august you can plug a few holes in the bullpen.

Sunday dinner wont taste very good tonight...

Spiff
06-02-2002, 03:59 PM
I suppose my rant is pimpy but we just let Cleveland right back in the door.

Aside from Boston we haven't been beating any strong teams.

I will apologize for my rant because I like the posters who said it was immature.

Do you guys realize that our starting pitching was all we were worried about in spring training and as of today it's been our most consistent aspect of the team?

The lineup disappears. Either Clayton, Valentin, or Durham needs to be replaced and Crede should have a shot.

The bullpen is up and mostly down. I feel it's better than we think-come august you can plug a few holes in the bullpen.

Sunday dinner wont taste very good tonight...

I wouldn't apologize. This team is disappointing. They are inconsistent. They are putting out some crappy efforts.

I don't care what people say, this is not a team that can do any damage. "OH WE CAN STILL WIN THE DIVISION." Well great but haven't we done that before? Like two years ago? Come playoff-time against Seattle, New York, or Boston this team will roll over and die.

voodoochile
06-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Spiff

I wouldn't apologize. This team is disappointing. They are inconsistent. They are putting out some crappy efforts.

I don't care what people say, this is not a team that can do any damage. "OH WE CAN STILL WIN THE DIVISION." Well great but haven't we done that before? Like two years ago? Come playoff-time against Seattle, New York, or Boston this team will roll over and die.

How do you know how this team will be playing come September and October? Nobody does...

To think that no experience and/or confidence will be gained in the next 4 months, shows a lack of understanding of how long the season is. Guys like Wright and Garland are going to do nothing but improve. The offense won't continue to sputter forever. The bullpen is already looking more solid than at any time since Glover became a starter.

The biggest question marks for me will be Manuel, Nardi and Pettis (why does this guy draw a paycheck? Our baserunning is attrocious.) Will the team be able to overcome JM's propensity to tinker and his inability to PH for Royce? Will Nardi ever stop telling his pitchers to just throw a strike when he goes to the mound? Think the other teams have caught on to that one yet? Last few games have been very telling. Nardi comes out, Nardi leaves. Here comes the fastball, there goes a hit.

Odds are minimal the team is going to bring up Borchard or Crede due to the uncertain labor situation. So, for the most part, this is the team we will be watching, IMO. How far it will go will depend on management's ability to rise above the natural troughs and to elongate the peaks that follow...

doublem23
06-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Odds are minimal the team is going to bring up Borchard or Crede due to the uncertain labor situation. So, for the most part, this is the team we will be watching, IMO. How far it will go will depend on management's ability to rise above the natural troughs and to elongate the peaks that follow...

Crede is on the 40-man roster, so if there's a strike he's affected whether he's in Charlotte or Chicago, IIRC.

:crede
Why I'm not in Chicago, I'll never understand.

:hitless
Eat that, Joe.

Spiff
06-02-2002, 04:50 PM
How far it will go will depend on management's ability to rise above the natural troughs and to elongate the peaks that follow...

This is also what I have been saying...this team is not in competent hands.

CLR01
06-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Will Nardi ever stop telling his pitchers to just throw a strike when he goes to the mound?

What else is he supposed to tell them???

"You're doing a fine job walking these guys son. Keep the ball low and outside, every once in a while throw something high and in, and when the situation calls for it throw them a changeup down the middle. I figure it will take them a little longer to put 5 runs on the board this way."
:nardi

voodoochile
06-02-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

What else is he supposed to tell them???

"You're doing a fine job walking these guys son. Keep the ball low and outside, every once in a while throw something high and in, and when the situation calls for it throw them a changeup down the middle. I figure it will take them a little longer to put 5 runs on the board this way."
:nardi

I don't know, but I'm not the guy being paid to be the pitching coach either. All I know is in comes Nardi, out goes the hit. Maybe it is time he learned another way to encourage guys, because whatever he is doing isn't working.

Why is it the last bunch of times he visited the mound the other team immediately extended their lead on the next pitch? Everyone knows what Nardi says when he goes out there, "Just throw strikes." So the other team knows that the next pitch is going to be a fastball, probably right down the middle. Maybe Nardi should try telling the pitcher what the guys tendencys are, or give some advice on how to approach the situation, but I get the impression he hasn't got a clue on either front...

Of course that is purely conjecture on my part, I maybe completely bonkers...

guillen4life13
06-02-2002, 06:08 PM
i tend to agree with voodoo. really nardi has not done a very good job here in chicago. maybe the white sox can trade him for rothschild up on the northside. when we look at it... there have been so many injuries while contreras has been here, and the pitching has not done a good job at all, given the talent it contains (really, there are many teams who would dream of the talent we have, but they're doing better than us right now). the advice he's been giving to pitchers on the mound has definitely been pretty bad, as voodoo mentioned. fire the man and bring in someone who's qualified to do he job well.

Pukester
06-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Sucks!

Ray Durham suck!

Clayton sucks!

P. Konerko sucked today!

Damn straight!!

Time to release Thomas,after all the Sox do have the Mighty Damon Buford just waiting for a chance to step in there and save the season.

Spiff
06-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Pukester

Damn straight!!

Time to release Thomas,after all the Sox do have the Mighty Damon Buford just waiting for a chance to step in there and save the season.

Someone introduce this guy to the color teal. :D:

FarWestChicago
06-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Spiff

Someone introduce this guy to the color teal. :D: I would, but I don't want the guy hurling on me. :smile:

Pukester
06-02-2002, 08:31 PM
I don't like teal,it's a pukey color.

doublem23
06-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pukester
I don't like teal,it's a pukey color.

It's also very sarcastic

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 09:06 PM
This guy doesn't undertand that he is being sarcastic, he actually thinks this will happen and wants it to happen.

Pukester
06-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
This guy doesn't undertand that he is being sarcastic, he actually thinks this will happen and wants it to happen.

How in the hell do you know what I'm thinking?

Perhaps you are :cleo in disgiuse?

CerberusWG
06-02-2002, 10:24 PM
Sucks!

Ray Durham suck!

Clayton sucks!

P. Konerko sucked today!

Llama.

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2002, 02:49 AM
I am embarrassed to be a fan of these bums! There are days (like today) when being a Sox fan gives me stomach cramps. However, I will NEVER be embarrassed to be a Sox fan! It is what I am. Being embarrassed about it would be akin to being embarrassed about having brown hair (getting gray, and that doesn't embarrass me either.)

No-Neck
06-03-2002, 11:03 AM
No need to apologize to anyone Hooter, you're headed in the right direction.

The White Sox have not had a consistent year since 1993.

Jerry Manuel was asked two years ago about how he likes the White Sox's chances of winning on any given day and he replied
"It depends on which team shows up on that particular day".

You make a lot of valid points in your rant. This team is somewhat of an embarrassment, no matter how you express it. After the first inning at last Monday's game against NY, I thought "Why did I just spend the entire evening on this?"

When I enter Comiskey Park on any given homestand, I hope that the team won't be embarassed by the 4th inning. And this has been going on for years, including the second half of 2000.

It all starts and ends with pitching, and unfortunately for the White Sox, we have an ownership that does not consider it a major factor. Until Jerry Reinsdorf departs, it will not change that much.

When I go to Comiskey, I now approach it as, "Well, I don't get out much putting in 55 hour work weeks, so at least I get outside in the evening air".