PDA

View Full Version : If you're heading to Miller park this weekend

cbone
06-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I scored some last minute tickets and I am going to the game Sat. FYI I scored a 49 dollar room at the Hyatt using Priceline a few minutes ago. Just a heads up if you thinking about a place to stay that is a really good deal.

Rohan
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
http://hotlink.myspacecdn.com/sos01/1/5704abf2f23caec90a2ab3d181480306/i.jpg

roylestillman
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Anybody have any experience with the I-94 roadwork? Any real alternative or do you just add an hour to the drive?

GlassSox
06-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Anybody have any experience with the I-94 roadwork? Any real alternative or do you just add an hour to the drive?

Amtrak :D:

twinslayer
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow, I just noticed how quick that's coming up. I'm stoked =]

WhiteSoxOnly
06-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Bring a brown paper bag.

hi im skot
06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Bring a brown paper bag.

/close thread

soxfantim
06-11-2009, 08:44 AM

I posted on another thread about this. I have a further update. Again, I travel everyday from O'Hare to Kenosha . IL has construction all the way to the border. In WI in Kenosha it goes from 3 lanes to 2 right at the the merge of 41 and 94. Now yesterday I posted that it takes me 1 hour usually to get from O'Hare to the first exit in WI. I also posted, based on Tue's( first day of lane closure) traffic that the traffic in WI was not that bad. Not true. Yesterday, traffic slowed to about 10 mph 1 mile south of the construction. I took me 30 minutes to get from there to first exit, approx 1.5 miles. Then it appeared to open up. I didn't travel any further north

Thus one should consider this, allowing about 1.5 hours to get from O'Hare to the first exit in WI if not more time. Plus add in all the people going north for the weekend and rush hour starts earlier on Fri too, could be a long drive.

Alt routes, poss US 45 or US 12 to I- 43, maybe?, but you'd be going through several towns, ie lots of traffic lights

ChiSoxGirl
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I posted on another thread about this. I have a further update. Again, I travel everyday from O'Hare to Kenosha . IL has construction all the way to the border. In WI in Kenosha it goes from 3 lanes to 2 right at the the merge of 41 and 94. Now yesterday I posted that it takes me 1 hour usually to get from O'Hare to the first exit in WI. I also posted, based on Tue's( first day of lane closure) traffic that the traffic in WI was not that bad. Not true. Yesterday, traffic slowed to about 10 mph 1 mile south of the construction. I took me 30 minutes to get from there to first exit, approx 1.5 miles. Then it appeared to open up. I didn't travel any further north

Thus one should consider this, allowing about 1.5 hours to get from O'Hare to the first exit in WI if not more time. Plus add in all the people going north for the weekend and rush hour starts earlier on Fri too, could be a long drive.

Alt routes, poss US 45 or US 12 to I- 43, maybe?, but you'd be going through several towns, ie lots of traffic lights

Rand Rd. on a Friday afternoon, through the likes of Deer Park, is a nightmare. My sister went to college up in Whitewater and I'd occasionally take Rte. 12 up there to pick her up and it was a disaster... and that was at least five years ago.

I'm opting for 94 all the way; my plan is to leave around 2:30p tomorrow, giving us 2 1/2 hours before gates open. That should be enough time, right?

RockJock07
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Rand Rd. on a Friday afternoon, through the likes of Deer Park, is a nightmare. My sister went to college up in Whitewater and I'd occasionally take Rte. 12 up there to pick her up and it was a disaster... and that was at least five years ago.

I'm opting for 94 all the way; my plan is to leave around 2:30p tomorrow, giving us 2 1/2 hours before gates open. That should be enough time, right?

It's going to be a disaster anyway you slice it, 294 is going to be awful as is route 12. coming up the "back way" route 12 and I-43 would get you to stadium faster. Just take 894 north and get off at National or Greenfield and head east and then you run into Miller Park Way. Avoid 94 at all cost if you can or else leave at like noon.