PDA

View Full Version : How long until Josh Fields is traded?

Whitesoxfan23
06-09-2009, 01:59 AM
With his piss poor performance this year, and not to mention his comments that came out today, you got to think he is probably on KW's chopping block. I think it's just a matter of weeks to be honest. He is not only awful at the plate and on the field, he has an attitude problem as well it seems. Fields must have been talking to Swisher via phone. What kind of return do you think we could get for Fields, if he is traded?

palehozenychicty
06-09-2009, 02:26 AM
I honestly don't know who would want him. He looks like the next Russell Branyan.

central44
06-09-2009, 02:35 AM
By trading Fields straight up for someone? Probably nothing. Any deal involving Fields would probably see Fields as part of a larger package to get that front of the rotation starter KW covets--assuming anyone out there wants him.

I find it hard to see the Sox trading Fields straight up for anything, because he hasn't been absolutley terrible--I think it's safe to say that he's an upgrade over Betemit at that backup corner infield role. Seems like anything the Sox could get for him would be worse than what they already have. Also, it would create a hole for the backup CIF, unless Fields was traded for one--but then, what would be the point of trading Fields in the first place?

Whitesoxfan23
06-09-2009, 02:40 AM
By trading Fields straight up for someone? Probably nothing. Any deal involving Fields would probably see Fields as part of a larger package to get that front of the rotation starter KW covets--assuming anyone out there wants him.

I find it hard to see the Sox trading Fields straight up for anything, because he hasn't been absolutley terrible--I think it's safe to say that he's an upgrade over Betemit at that backup corner infield role. Seems like anything the Sox could get for him would be worse than what they already have. Also, it would create a hole for the backup CIF, unless Fields was traded for one--but then, what would be the point of trading Fields in the first place?

Yeah I know he can't be straight up traded for much. I should have been more clear in my original message. What do you think we could package with Fields, and what kind of return do you think we could get?

Whitesoxfan23
06-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah I know he can't be straight up traded for much. I should have been more clear in my original message. What do you think we could package with Fields, and what kind of return do you think we could get?

The point of trading him? Maybe the fact that he is atrocious, and is pulling a Nick Swisher whining about wanting answers, when his performance is the only answer he honestly needs.

Craig Grebeck
06-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I honestly don't know who would want him. He looks like the next Russell Branyan.
Branyan might be an all-star this year. Fields may never reach the level of a guy like Shea Hillenbrand. He looks THAT bad.

jabrch
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Assuming he has no value, he won't be traded. Just send him back to the minors and let him work.

Why trade him for nothing?

Big D
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Assuming he has no value, he won't be traded. Just send him back to the minors and let him work.

At least then he'd get his wish to play every day.

doublem23
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM

So nobody is every tempted to use him.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine if the Sox just want to cut him loose. Fields is useless.

WhiteSox5187
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Remember in the '07-'08 off season when there were rumors of us trading Fields for Roberts and how people were debating who was better Fields or Roberts? Yea, I don't think Baltimore would take that trade now.

BigP50
06-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I think that once Gordon starts hitting, then Josh will be traded.

gr8mexico
06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I wonder if the Phillies would be interested in Josh Fields.
Josh Fields for John Mayberry JR

Big D
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Does their AAA team need a third baseman?

Craig Grebeck
06-09-2009, 04:18 PM
How many times are you going to post this?

soxfanreggie
06-09-2009, 05:43 PM
He has very little value right now. The problem is the more we play Beckham, the less other teams will be able to see him play. I'm not saying that we shouldn't play Beckham, but we can't expect much back for Fields right now. He could be a throw-in on a deal we make later in the season.

35th and Shields
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Uribe :praying:

I never thought I would actually miss this son-of-a-gun

Carolina Kenny
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine if the Sox just want to cut him loose. Fields is useless.

Don't forget he can play LF!

jabrch
06-10-2009, 08:43 AM

I'm assuming your teal button is broken?

Why would you be fine with cutting someone loose who we can send down to the minors who has at least shown SOMETHING?

I don't get it.

SoxGirl4Life
06-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Don't forget he can play LF!

Except for that he can't REALLY play LF

Risk
06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm assuming your teal button is broken?

Why would you be fine with cutting someone loose who we can send down to the minors who has at least shown SOMETHING?

I don't get it.

I think the failure to meet expectations from Fields has caused a lot of people to overreact without stepping back and looking at the big picture.

Quite frankly, I've felt this way about the Sox after nearly every loss.

Risk