PDA

View Full Version : What Next

SCCWS
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I see a hundred different opinions of how to fix this edition of the White Sox. I will add mine
1. Youth movement--- WS don't need to look too far. Thome and many other vets got dumped in Cleveland and all the kids were turned loose. How did that work out? The core of kids grew up and their fans are now looking to unload them and Eric Wedge.
2. Trade the young players and fill the holes. I think that is what got us here. KW dumped most of the minor league talent but the team continues to struggle.
3. Some of the trade talk is crazy. Posters propose trading guys we want to unload and getting quality back. Guys like Dye, Konerko and Thome will bring prospects. Getz-Anderson-Fields-Wise- maybe good equipment in return. Pitching is normally what brings quality. Only look back to the "almost" Buehrle trade w Boston. A newly signed Buehrle was bringing Buchholz( who was in AA) ,Ellsbury ( a rookie at the time) and a lower prospect. Now Buch. who has a major league no hitter since the talk is back "finding " himself in AAA and Ellsbury is a premier CF. Buehrle is a Top 10 AL starter.
4. KW has to hope he hits lightning and trades a Dye-Fields and maybe a Danks or Floyd and gets a CF or 3rd baseman that somebody else wants to unload.

DirtySox
06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Sign Freddy Garcia apparently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4242152&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

Frankie5Angels
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4242152&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines
You gotta be kidding me.

DickAllen72
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Maybe they need some pitching depth in the minors because they are about to trade Poreda.

Anyway, signing Freddy to a minor league deal is a good low risk move.

DSpivack
06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Getting the band back together. Yay!

doublem23
06-08-2009, 06:16 PM
You gotta be kidding me.

It's a minor league deal, low risk, what's the problem?

jabrch
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Game 2 of the DH.

WhiteSox1989
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
maybe they need some pitching depth in the minors because they are about to trade poreda.

Anyway, signing freddy to a minor league deal is a good low risk move.

don't stop believing!

BleacherBandit
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
3. Some of the trade talk is crazy. Posters propose trading guys we want to unload and getting quality back. Guys like Dye, Konerko and Thome will bring prospects. Getz-Anderson-Fields-Wise- maybe good equipment in return. Pitching is normally what brings quality. Only look back to the "almost" Buehrle trade w Boston. A newly signed Buehrle was bringing Buchholz( who was in AA) ,Ellsbury ( a rookie at the time) and a lower prospect. Now Buch. who has a major league no hitter since the talk is back "finding " himself in AAA and Ellsbury is a premier CF. Buehrle is a Top 10 AL starter.

I don't get what your direction is with this portion. I love having Buehrle, but would also like to have Ellsbury, and Bucholtz, I agree, is probably a flash in the pan. However, you're saying the same thing. What do you propose doing? Trade Buehrle? I don't know what that would do. Maybe it would bring some talent to the organization, but it would likewise destroy our rotation.

Frankie5Angels
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
It's a minor league deal, low risk, what's the problem?
It's pathetic, that's the problem. Garcia is done. Waste of money. He was released by the METS for crying out loud.:scratch:

doublem23
06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
It's pathetic, that's the problem. Garcia is done. Waste of money. He was released by the METS for crying out loud.:scratch:

It's a MINOR league deal, he's going to Charlotte.

I'm almost convinced the Sox do this stuff just to lurk on this site and watch some people go absolutely ape**** over nothing. This deal doesn't warrant any emotional reaction whatsoever, who gives a crap?

DSpivack
06-08-2009, 06:25 PM

Let that be the Knights problem. They can't get any worse. :dunno:

06-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Pods was released by Colorado and everyone thought it was a joke to sign him too. Charlotte needs a SP.

ramblinsoxfan11
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
it's not jake peavey... but it's a start!