PDA

View Full Version : Cubssss Soxxxxx =]

twinslayer
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Get pumped!!! Who's ready for the two series'??? Who's going to the games? Talk here!

oeo
06-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Cubs-Sox is a terrible series to attend.

FarWestChicago
06-06-2009, 10:43 PM
No, don't talk here. Put your ****ing flubsessive **** where it belongs. :puking:

Well done, Brian. :thumbsup:

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Agreed. I've just about gotten sick of it as well. They should just do away with interleague play.

JB98
06-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Each year, I look forward to the series with the Cubs being over. A very unpleasant ballpark experience to say the least.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Agreed. I've just about gotten sick of it as well. They should just do away with interleague play.

I think rotating opponents would be great. One year NL West, next NL Central, then NL East.

But playing the same series with the Cubs has lost it's luster for me. The Casual fans still love it, so that cash cow will not go away anytime soon.

Brian26
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Each year, I look forward to the series with the Cubs being over. A very unpleasant ballpark experience to say the least.

The last time I enjoyed a Cubs-Sox game was when Manos took Alfonseca deep in walk-off style.

:manos
"Who needs six fingers when you've got a stache like this?"

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
It can even be bad when the Cubs aren't even playing at Comiskey! Last night, this Cub fan in front of me was constantly interjecting comments into the conversation I was having with the guys right behind me who are season ticket holders as well. He wasn't even part of the discussion and kept on raving about how much better Cubdom is.

JB98
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
The last time I enjoyed a Cubs-Sox game was when Manos took Alfonseca deep in walk-off style.

:manos
"Who needs six fingers when you've got a stache like this?"

I was at the game when the Sox finished off the sweep last year. It was still an annoying game to be at. Nonstop **** talk and few people actually following the game.

I witnessed a Flub fan taunting Sox fans when Jim Edmonds reached on an infield single. Just preposterous.

WhiteSox1989
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm actually dreading it. I'll be at working during a couple of the games. All Cubs fans who like to talk ****.

SOXfnNlansing
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll be at all of them. Seems like most posters here don't like the series, but I sure do!

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll be at all of them. Seems like most posters here don't like the series, but I sure do!
It's only fun when the Sox win.

twinslayer
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I guess I didn't expect this kind of response, haha. I'm not Cubsessed, whoever said I was, haha damn. Look, I'm a fan of baseball who's never been to one of these games. I'm going to experience it. Why is it a bad experience?

oeo
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I guess I didn't expect this kind of response, haha. I'm not Cubsessed, whoever said I was, haha damn. Look, I'm a fan of baseball who's never been to one of these games. I'm going to experience it. Why is it a bad experience?

It brings out the worst in both sides' fans. There are idiots everywhere.

WhiteSox1989
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
It's just personally, I would never want to go to a game. But I get pissed easily. So I don't know.

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2009, 11:30 PM

I've always had fun.

DSpivack
06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
It's just personally, I would never want to go to a game. But I get pissed easily. So I don't know.

I went once, it was fun. Sox won after Sean Lowe picked off Mark Grace. Not sure I'd want to go again.

I'm moving back to Chicago in July. I'm looking forward to it, but dreading putting up with bull**** from stupid Cubs fans. Even just walking to the metro today here, I saw three people with Cubs gear.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I went once, it was fun. Sox won after Sean Lowe picked off Mark Grace. Not sure I'd want to go again.

I'm moving back to Chicago in July. I'm looking forward to it, but dreading putting up with bull**** from stupid Cubs fans. Even just walking to the metro today here, I saw three people with Cubs gear.
Though you'll deal with them everywhere in the area, your best bet would be to move to the Southlands.

DSpivack
06-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Though you'll deal with them everywhere in the area, your best bet would be to move to the Southlands.

I'll be in Evanston.

The worst, however, was working at the Treasure Island on Clybourn in the summer of 2003. We had to wear a hat, I wore a Sox hat, took some flack from Lincoln Park customers. There were more Sox fans there than I expected, however.

Hitmen77
06-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Agreed. I hate these series. I wish they'd drop it back to 1 series per year. I think I'd rather attend a clown convention than attend a Cubs-Sox game.

JB98
06-06-2009, 11:59 PM

I don't like it because you have no choice but to deal with the Cubs fan culture during the crosstown series. Aside from those six days, every other day during the baseball season you can choose to ignore the Cubs and their circus and just focus on the Sox.

But when the Sox are playing the Cubs, you have two choices: 1. Put up with Cubbie bull**** or 2. Take a break from watching the White Sox.

I don't like doing either of those two things.

ChiSoxGirl
06-07-2009, 12:34 AM

Absolutely agree with all three of you! Last year, I passed on an invitation to attend either of the two Saturday and Sunday games because I didn't want to put up with the crap. I was much happier watching the game in a sports bar with some friends.

I'm actually dreading it. I'll be at working during a couple of the games. All Cubs fans who like to talk ****.

Fortunately, I'm going to be down in Florida for the series at Wrigley this year! It just so happened I was out of town for the Wrigley series in 2008, too! It seems the timing for my vacations is impeccable.

It brings out the worst in both sides' fans. There are idiots everywhere.

Without a doubt! Watching people pitch beer from the upper deck and not being able to control themselves just isn't entertaining for me. I'm at the ballpark to watch the game, not the spectacles in the stands.

Agreed. I hate these series. I wish they'd drop it back to 1 series per year. I think I'd rather attend a clown convention than attend a Cubs-Sox game.

With the way some of the fans behave, I feel like I'm at an assclown convention.

DumpJerry
06-07-2009, 12:40 AM
100% agreed.

The only good thing about having those games on the schedule is that I get good bucks for my tickets. The series was a novel thing long ago when it started and completely lost its luster after '05 when we experienced the Ultimate Big Series.

I sold all three last year and have all three on StubHub this year. I hope I don't get stuck going, but my fear is that the Cubs will continue to wallow and they won't want to lay down series $$ for tickets.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM
100% agreed.

The only good thing about having those games on the schedule is that I get good bucks for my tickets. The series was a novel thing long ago when it started and completely lost its luster after '05 when we experienced the Ultimate Big Series.

I sold all three last year and have all three on StubHub this year. I hope I don't get stuck going, but my fear is that the Cubs will continue to wallow and they won't want to lay down series $$ for tickets.
If you can't sell them on StubHub, I bet that some poster here at WSI would buy them off of you. I think I saw a post or two in the Ticket Exchange of posters who are looking to buy tickets to that series.

I have mine on StubHub right now too, but would sell it for face value to someone here if that didn't seem successful. I will only attend the circus freak show if I can't unload the ticket.

I am 3-1 attending Sox/Cubs games, though, so I guess that makes me lucky. And, the only game we lost I left early to get to the 2007 NHL Draft Party at the United Center, so I didn't have to deal with the douchebag Cub fans while walking down the ramps.

There's only one positive to the interleague play--outside of 2007, our Sox pretty much have dominated it. If they take out interleague play, however, and balance out the schedules league-wide, I would be much happier.

SoxFan1979
06-07-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't mind it. I've been to a few games and the experience has been much better at USCF. It's bragging rights for the year, nothing wrong with that?

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 02:07 AM
It's bragging rights for the year
:?:

Does October 26, 2005 have any meaning to you? Cub fans have no room to brag until they can win one of their own.

guillensdisciple
06-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Bring it on Cubs. We will wipe the floor with them. Why, because the White Sox are the 1!!!! hahahaha.

Seriously though, I can't wait. Hopefully we kick their butts.

Nellie_Fox
06-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I hate interleague.

WSox597
06-07-2009, 06:42 AM
I'd rather we played other teams for interleague, and not just the cubs.

It would be kind of fun to see the Mets for example, or the Dodgers and Giants rather than the losers all the time.

I can only take so much of their fanbase before I move on to other pursuits rather than listen to the garbage.

Half of my family are clown fans. I've had more than enough in my lifetime. They have kind of slowed down with the harassment since they've had a crackhead for a mascot. It's too easy to fire back, I guess they got tired of it.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-07-2009, 06:44 AM
At the Sox vs Cubs games, it seems that the most obnoxious fans for both teams rule the roost. Fights are common in the stands. Drunk, ignorant, smart-ass Cub fans argue with drunk Sox fans who take more pleasure in a Cubs loss than a Sox win.

cws05champ
06-07-2009, 07:28 AM
:?:

Does October 26, 2005 have any meaning to you? Cub fans have no room to brag until they can win one of their own.
But a silly thing like a World Series title won't stop them from bragging anyway. Get used to hearing this "Stop living in the past man".

hawkjt
06-07-2009, 08:13 AM
It is an all or nothing proposition....win, and it is very fun, lose, and it is the worst possible feeling.
Fortuanately, I have been to more wins than losses in this series. Never forget how much fun I had at Soxpark on that day that the Sox came from way back to overtake Wood and co...PK goes deep!!!
Actually met someone sitting next to me,who were cub fans, who were pretty nice that day, they ended up giving me two tickets for the Ben Folds show that nite at the Vic because they had a change in plans...nice day.

Dibbs
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Count me out. I haven't been to one of these series in years. This is my least favorite time of the year.

Boondock Saint
06-07-2009, 09:11 AM
At the Sox vs Cubs games, it seems that the most obnoxious fans for both teams rule the roost. Fights are common in the stands. Drunk, ignorant, smart-ass Cub fans argue with drunk Sox fans who take more pleasure in a Cubs loss than a Sox win.

Exactly. I'll never go to one of these games, regardless of where it's played.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Add me to the "no thanks" column, at either park. The last one I attended at Wrigley was when Valenstache homered from both sides of the plate and imitated the Sosa kiss-kiss. We had terrific tickets, seated down among civilized Cub fans. The last one I saw at our park was in 2001.

Since what happened to the Flubs in 2003 (and their last couple years of spectacular failure in the playoffs), plus the Sox winning it all in 2005, things have just gotten too ugly, at both parks, for me. No doubt some Sox fans are just as bad. I've passed up free tickets to these games.

I know others enjoy these games, and I'm not here to persuade or critcize them. To each his own. And, not to root against Dump and others making some coin off selling their season tickets, but as demand for these games goes down, the more of a glimmer of hope I have that they might eliminate this series, or at least cut it down to three games on a rotating basis.

LoveYourSuit
06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
at the sox vs cubs games, it seems that the most obnoxious fans for both teams rule the roost. Fights are common in the stands. Drunk, ignorant, smart-ass cub fans argue with drunk sox fans who take more pleasure in a cubs loss than a sox win.

potw!

cards press box
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
The series was a novel thing long ago when it started and completely lost its luster after '05 when we experienced the Ultimate Big Series.

I could not agree more. After 2005, I lost all interest in the crosstown series, too.

I would be more than happy to see MLB dump all interleague play in exchange for more series with AL rivals. I doubt that is going to happen any time soon, though.

MarkZ35
06-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I would much rather play the entire NL central during interleague play. Then we could watch the Sox play in different parks that aren't that far away. I know that they do play the NL central already some years but I would much rather it every year. I would imagine that it would increase ticket sales for those games also.

Thatguyoverthere
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
But a silly thing like a World Series title won't stop them from bragging anyway. Get used to hearing this "Stop living in the past man".Cub fans were chirping this line to me two weeks after the Sox won it all in '05. I was wearing my World Series hat a lot and was told by several annoyed Cub fans that the championship was already a thing of the past and that I should just "get it over it already". :rolleyes:

PaleHoser
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I was at the first regular season crosstown game at USCF. The "Both teams suck" chant that broke out midway through that game is a timeless memory for me. :gulp:

Too many drunks there to suit me now.

OldRomanPizza
06-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Its fun. It is way less meaningful that most think and things tend to get back to business fairly quickly after it ends, but I still enjoy it.

I think the atmosphere may be a bit subdued this year, as neither team is doing as well as their fans would like.

DumpJerry
06-07-2009, 06:35 PM
After today's game, I wish we could play some AA teams instead of interleague.:angry:

SoxFan1979
06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
But a silly thing like a World Series title won't stop them from bragging anyway. Get used to hearing this "Stop living in the past man".

It's said everytime :D:.

I'm just saying we can't win a world series every year, so it brings something to be happy about if we beat the flubs.

I use to be all for interleague but I am to starting to dislike it a little bit more. I would definetly take more divisional games then any cross town series any day.

JB98
06-07-2009, 08:47 PM

If "living in the past" is a bad thing, the Cub fans need to tear down Wrigley Field. And they need to tear down their Harry Caray and Ernie Banks statues.

After all, Harry is dead, Ernie is retired and their stadium is falling down and needs to be replaced.

soxfan21
06-07-2009, 10:07 PM
If "living in the past" is a bad thing, the Cub fans need to tear down Wrigley Field. And they need to tear down their Harry Caray and Ernie Banks statues.

After all, Harry is dead, Ernie is retired and their stadium is falling down and needs to be replaced.

Agreed. Back to this series though, I will probably attend one game and sell my tickets to the other game. Just not that fun anymore and as stated earlier, this series really brings out the drunks and the crazies from both sides of town.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I use to be all for interleague but I am to starting to dislike it a little bit more. I would definetly take more divisional games then any cross town series any day.
There are already enough divisional games. We need more games against the AL East. I miss playing the Red Sox and Yankees 12 times a season.

ChiSoxFan81
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
After today's game, I wish we could play some AA teams instead of interleague.:angry:

It's about the same thing.

beasly213
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
There are already enough divisional games. We need more games against the AL East. I miss playing the Red Sox and Yankees 12 times a season.

No teal??
You would really want the Sox to have to play two of the best teams in baseball year in and year out 12 times a year??

PKalltheway
06-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't see a change here. Instead of dealing with obnoxious Cub fans six times a year, you'll get to deal with obnoxious Boston and New York fans six more times each. There's no free lunch.:dunno:

beasly213
06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't see a change here. Instead of dealing with obnoxious Cub fans six times a year, you'll get to deal with obnoxious Boston and New York fans six more times each. There's no free lunch.:dunno:

Red Sox Fans are 10x more annoying at White Sox games then Cub Fans.

Foulke You
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I appear to be in the minority here on WSI but I enjoy the crosstown series. I usually go to at least one of the games per year. If you can set aside the mild douchebaggery that goes on in the stands, there are usually intense, well played baseball games that happen during the crosstown series. They are usually close ballgames (lots of 1 run games) and always lots of late inning heroics and memorable moments for both teams. The intensity of the crowd during those games is also about as high as you are going to get for non-playoff games. I've been going to them since the inception of interleague play in 1997 and I think it is a fantastic rivalry and part of what makes it great is the loathing that both sides of town have for each other. Say what you want about them not being in the same division or league as the Sox, they are six regular season ballgames and they count in the standings just as much as a win against KC or the Twins.

WizardsofOzzie
06-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I went for the first time a couple years back with the Cubs fan girlfriend. For the most part everyone behaved, just some friendly trash talking here and there. Unfortunately at one point when I got back from the bathroom there was a male Cubs fan uncomfortably close to my girlfriend telling her how she needed to ditch the sox fan (me) while I was in the bathroom and come with him :angry:

kittle42
06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I went for the first time a couple years back with the Cubs fan girlfriend. For the most part everyone behaved, just some friendly trash talking here and there. Unfortunately at one point when I got back from the bathroom there was a male Cubs fan uncomfortably close to my girlfriend telling her how she needed to ditch the sox fan (me) while I was in the bathroom and come with him :angry:

I got a number from a girl at Wrigley doing the same thing (she was a Sox fan) 2 years ago.

RowanDye
06-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Say what you want about them not being in the same division or league as the Sox, they are six regular season ballgames and they count in the standings just as much as a win against KC or the Twins.

No.

chisoxfanatic
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
No teal??
You would really want the Sox to have to play two of the best teams in baseball year in and year out 12 times a year??
Yep, no teal. We'd also get more games with Tampa, Baltimore, and Toronto (we haven't always struggled with the Jays either). I liked leagues playing only league teams until the World Series.

I also kinda miss the 2-game series that used to be scattered throughout the season. Now, there only seems to be a few of those if that.

TommyJohn
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
No.

They don't count in the standings?

Foulke You
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
They don't count in the standings?
Apparently, RowanDye is in denial and still thinks the games are exhibitions like in the 80s.

kittle42
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Apparently, RowanDye is in denial and still thinks the games are exhibitions like in the 80s.

I'm hoping to see Michael Jordan play on Tuesday.

twinslayer
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm hoping to see Michael Jordan play on Tuesday.

I heard Billy Pierce is starting :D:

doublem23
06-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Well, I'm going to the game next Thursday at Wrigley.

I'm going with my mom, though, so I'm on my bestest behavior. :angel:

Foulke You
06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm going to the game next Thursday at Wrigley.

I'm going with my mom, though, so I'm on my bestest behavior. :angel:
Here, let me practice for you: "Josh Fields YOU SON OF A....biscuit! Why did you have to FU....riggin' strike out with the bases loaded!!" :tongue: