06-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Damn, I forgot what this feels like!:bandance::bliss:

soxnut1018
06-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Runs! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

JermaineDye05
Wow that was the worst called strike in the history of baseball.

voodoochile
We don't suck anymore!!!

:threadrules:

:soxwin:

:)

LoveYourSuit
Wow that was the worst called strike in the history of baseball.

I agree.

SoxGirl4Life
Runs! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

Thank you! :bandance::bliss::bandance:

SoxFan1979
06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Scraped some runs in I'll take it. Another great outing by Gavin and awesome hold by Thornton. Let's take it tomorrow SOX! :wink:

SoxandtheCityTee
06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Scoring and winning . . . maybe there is a connnection? :scratch:

Yay!

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree.

I didn't want to say anything in the gamethread, but it was Doug Eddings behind the plate. If it wasn't anything but a game between a last place team and a team that doesn't know how to score, the conspiracy theorists would already be calling for his head.

WhiteSox5187
06-06-2009, 06:50 PM
We don't suck anymore!!!

Let's not go nuts!

Let's win tomorrow and sweep Detroit. Meanwhile Gavin Floyd is becoming a stopper.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 06:51 PM
We don't suck anymore!!!

:)

No, we just suck a little bit less :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I didn't want to say anything in the gamethread, but it was Doug Eddings behind the plate. If it wasn't anything but a game between a last place team and a team that doesn't know how to score, the conspiracy theorists would already be calling for his head.

Put the shoe on the othe foot and WSI would be a riot right now.

But I take that one.

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
How can anyone say we suck at all? *4* RUNS! That's a week's worth!

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Put the shoe on the othe foot and WSI would be a riot right now.

But I take that one.

I agree on both counts.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I so like McCarver + Brenneman 10X more than McCarver + Buck.

WhiteSoxOnly
06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm hearing that a certain team,from the South Side,scored 4
runs today AND won...i do not believe this,please confirm...

SoxFan1979
06-06-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm hearing that a certain team,from the South Side,scored 4
runs today AND won...i do not believe this,please confirm...

:lol::lol:

Yeah that was the worst strike call ever. He called the strike it looked before it even crossed the plate. Good call though :D:

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I think this is setting up nicely for a sweep of Detroit :redneck

Based on nothing but blind hope and faith and strong, wanting desire

JB98
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I thought Matt Thornton was the biggest reason we won today, bailing Floyd and Dotel out in the seventh and mowing Cleveland down in the eighth.

Matt retired the 3-4-5-6 hitters. Three of those four outs were Ks.

Looks like Floyd has regained his stuff. A solid effort overall on his part.

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
:lol::lol:

Yeah that was the worst strike call ever. He called the strike it looked before it even crossed the plate. Good call though :D:

Dinner reservations! But I am not complaining!

WhiteSoxOnly
06-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Just to make this a lot more fun...:twinslose

Woofer
06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
A good day, whatever tomorrow brings. I will never be able to figure this team out. I'll continue to hope the best out of them.

SoxGirl4Life
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM

Awwww.. that's a shame.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 07:15 PM
JB98, will you do the honors??? :cool:

hawkjt
06-06-2009, 07:18 PM
So after all the sturm and drang of the last week if the Tigers go down tonite the Sox will sit 2.5 games out of first and a game back of the Twins?
I will take it. Now, go out and win tomorrow to take their 5th series in the last 6...then go out and take their 6th series in last 7 vs Detroit...not great, but not a total disaster either.

JB98
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
JB98, will you do the honors??? :cool:

It's already posted in Talking Baseball. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
So after all the sturm and drang of the last week if the Tigers go down tonite the Sox will sit 2.5 games out of first and a game back of the Twins?
I will take it. Now, go out and win tomorrow to take their 5th series in the last 6...then go out and take their 6th series in last 7 vs Detroit...not great, but not a total disaster either.
The thing that sucks about this is that our team could actually be tied or LEAD the division right now if they didn't have their head up their collective asses! You can't give games away so easily like that. It could come back to bite them in September.

cburns
06-06-2009, 07:25 PM
A good day, whatever tomorrow brings. I will never be able to figure this team out. I'll continue to hope the best out of them.

Right now to me they are looking like a streaky .500 team. Win a bunch of games to get back to .500, then lose 4 in a row...then they will probably win tomorrow, then split with Detroit. Repeat the same all year long.

However, if Danks, Floyd, and Buerhle can get on a roll good things will happen.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Right now to me they are looking like a streaky .500 team. Win a bunch of games to get back to .500, then lose 4 in a row...then they will probably win tomorrow, then split with Detroit. Repeat the same all year long.

However, if Danks, Floyd, and Buerhle can get on a roll good things will happen.
There are five games against Detroit. It would be impossible to split with them.

PhillipsBubba
06-06-2009, 07:52 PM
With apologies to Dennis Green...
"The Sox are who we thought they were."

twinslayer
06-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Just got back from the game, and pleasantly pleased with the performance. Not the best offense we've seen, but good enough. Great pitching today...keep it up!

palehozenychicty
06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
The MLB headline said that Josh Fields made a statement today. He was all over this game with the bat. I'll take the win.

Frankfan4life
06-06-2009, 09:07 PM
One win is good but two is a streak and we're in need of a streak. Hopefully, this marks the beginning of a long one.

soxfan21
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice to get a win today, especially nice to hear "Sweet Home Chicago" playing after wins again.

october23sp
06-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Beckham might have already done his job, for the year, by lighting a fire under Josh.

SBSoxFan
06-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Beckham might have already done his job, for the year, by lighting a fire under Josh.

Josh was already hitting prior to Beckham's callup. Of Getz, Nix, and Fields, there is no way Fields should have been the one replaced.

How about Scotty Pods? He's stepped into the way-back machine and traveled to 2005! In fact, he seems even better. What does he have, 9 RBI's already? He had, what, 25 in all of 2005? When the Sox get an early lead, they seem to play well, and Pods has been a big part of it. However, someone needs to explain to me why Thome is batting third. Konerko should be there. Setting it up so a high strikeout guy is at the plate in the first inning with a man on third and one out is not the best idea.

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Josh was already hitting prior to Beckham's callup. Of Getz, Nix, and Fields, there is no way Fields should have been the one replaced.

How about Scotty Pods? He's stepped into the way-back machine and traveled to 2005! In fact, he seems even better. What does he have, 9 RBI's already? He had, what, 25 in all of 2005? When the Sox get an early lead, they seem to play well, and Pods has been a big part of it. However, someone needs to explain to me why Thome is batting third. Konerko should be there. Setting it up so a high strikeout guy is at the plate in the first inning with a man on third and one out is not the best idea.

I agree.

JB98
06-06-2009, 09:55 PM

Dye will be back tomorrow. Presumably, that will drop Thome back down to fourth where he belongs.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I agree.Same here, I said that yesterday when they were in that exact position. Pods HAS to have gotten on to lead of the game way more than not... no? Seems like he always leads off the game with a walk, single, double or triple. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Thome is also a high walk guy and Konerko is getting more hits this year, so it makes sense to have Thome batting in front of Konerko not only because it is more likely Konerko will get a hit and hopefully drive in Thome or others but because if there are two outs, you'd prefer to have PK at the plate. It also makes the lineup go LRLRLR for the first 6 batters making it harder for the Toons to bring in one reliever late in the game. Ozzie likes to alternate that way as we all know, so it's not surprising at all that Thome was batting in front of PK these two days.

Like has been mentioned, Dye is back tomorrow, so it's moot at this point in time...

Foulke You
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
The MLB headline said that Josh Fields made a statement today. He was all over this game with the bat. I'll take the win.
The best thing about that HR swing from Josh is that he kept BOTH hands on the bat a la 2007. He has developed that bad habit of taking the top hand off early which seems to throw his swing off and makes him especially vulnerable to the high cheese and the outside corner. It makes me crazy to see him flail at pitches out of the zone with that one arm swing. I think Fields will continue to find his power again if he just continues to use both hands all the time.

Brian26
06-06-2009, 11:38 PM

But Sox-hater Hunter Wendelstedt is on this crew too, so things should equal out over the series.

Whitesoxfan23
06-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Good win today! Can someone explain to me what this third strike thing is about? I wasn't able to watch the game today. Thanks.

JB98
06-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Good win today! Can someone explain to me what this third strike thing is about? I wasn't able to watch the game today. Thanks.

Jenks struck the final batter out looking on a curve ball that appeared to be down and out of the zone. He got the call.

Whitesoxfan23
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Jenks struck the final batter out looking on a curve ball that appeared to be down and out of the zone. He got the call.

Ok. Thanks. By the way guys, I just wanna say hats off to Floyd. He has pitched great the past few weeks, and is really earning his new contract. I'm glad we got Gavin locked up for awhile and for a good price to boot :smile:. Now we need Danks to turn it around like Gavin has and we will be in alot better shape.

Iron Dragon2
06-07-2009, 12:26 AM
How about that? We actually MANUFACTURED a couple runs today! Wow! Almost like a real baseball team. Now let's hope the Sox remember how to do it the rest of the year.

guillensdisciple
06-07-2009, 03:13 AM
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=94499146849&h=4nLuI&u=YQUGC&ref=mf

numa yay, numa yay, numa yay.

Allllooo.

Lets GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to get a win my friends, now lets go Sox and take the series.

Alo, salud!!!!

EDIT: this is my victory song from now on. Hahahahaha, mayahee.