PDA

View Full Version : Nardi mound visits

Jerry_Manuel
06-02-2002, 11:38 AM
From the Trib:

Deja vu? With two outs in the fifth, Todd Ritchie fell behind 2-1 on No. 9 hitter Chris Magruder, prompting a mound visit from pitching coach Nardi Contreras.

When Contreras visited Keith Foulke on the mound in the ninth inning of Wednesday night's game against the Yankees, Bernie Williams delivered a two-run game-tying single on Foulke's next pitch.

No sooner had Contreras returned to the dugout when Ritchie served up an RBI single to Magruder on the next pitch, cutting the Sox's lead to 2-1.

Just like the guys on SnR have been saying, whenever he comes out bad things happen.

CubKilla
06-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Not just the guys on sNr, but this whole F'n board. It happened on Friday too with Glover. I guess the Trib finally got their head out of Prior's crotch long enough to finally realize this. It's a shame it has taken this long for either Chicago newspaper to report on what Sox fans already know.....

:firenardi

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 12:27 PM
I think it's just a coincedence, but Nardi does suck!

KempersRS
06-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Hmm, maybe because he visits the mound when a pitcher is in trouble? I guess if Nardi started going out there with 2 outs and nobody on base in the first inning then our pitchers would probably still get rocked when he walked back to the dugout. People need to get over this "Nardi ruins pitchers by walking out to the mound" theory.

Daver
06-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
"Nardi ruins pitchers by walking out to the mound" theory.

I'll stick with the Nardi just plain ruins pitchers theory.

RedPinStripes
06-02-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I think it's just a coincedence, but Nardi does suck!

It's not coincedence.

KempersRS
06-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by daver

I'll stick with the Nardi just plain ruins pitchers theory.

So will I, and I understand that theory fully.