PDA

View Full Version : Random Flub Fan on Beckham...

DrCrawdad
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
According to a Cubbie clown ...

Beckham's bat is ready but his defense is awful.

oeo
06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
According to a Cubbie clown ...

What's wrong with that? He hasn't been very good defensively.

DrCrawdad
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
What's wrong with that? He hasn't been very good defensively.

In Beckham's 2 games at 3rd base with the Sox? Or in reference to his minor league defense? Have you seen him play in the minors?

oeo
06-06-2009, 12:40 PM
In Beckham's 2 games at 3rd base with the Sox? Or in reference to his minor league defense? Have you seen him play in the minors?

His minor league numbers. No, I haven't seen him, but when you're making a large number of errors, there's no excuse. Not to mention, he only has a handful of games' experience at third base.

Last night in the ninth he did make a bit of a mistake by not making the runner go back to second before delivering to first, however.

DrCrawdad
06-06-2009, 12:43 PM
His minor league numbers. No, I haven't seen him, but when you're making a large number of errors, there's no excuse. Not to mention, he only has a handful of games' experience at third base.

Last night in the ninth he did make a bit of a mistake by not making the runner go back to second before delivering to first, however.

This Cubbie clown while putting down Beckham was talking up Josh Vitters. If you think Beckham is awful what would you call Vitters (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=vitter002jos)?

voodoochile
06-06-2009, 12:49 PM
This Cubbie clown while putting down Beckham was talking up Josh Vitters. If you think Beckham is awful what would you call Vitters (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=vitter002jos)?

WHY are we talking about this crap in the Clubhouse? Come on, DrC. You know the rules. Please keep the flubbsessed stuff in the proper forum. No one cares what some random flub's fan thinks but you...

DrCrawdad
06-06-2009, 01:18 PM
WHY are we talking about this crap in the Clubhouse? Come on, DrC. You know the rules. Please keep the flubbsessed stuff in the proper forum. No one cares what some random flub's fan thinks but you...

:rolleyes:

voodoochile
06-06-2009, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Well, you're the only one posting about it aren't you?

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Can we please send the Cub fans, and the Cubsessed, off to a corner to go play with an anatomically correct Ron Santo blow-up doll?

DSpivack
06-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Can we please send the Cub fans, and the Cubsessed, off to a corner to go play with an anatomically correct Ron Santo blow-up doll?

I can understand if Paul Sullivan or somebody wrote it, but some random Cub fan? Really?

Rdy2PlayBall
06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I kind of agree. Every time I heard he went 3-4 and stuff he has an error or two also... I think it's ready, but it's average at best.

ChiSoxFan81
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
So, in your opinion, a Scrubs fan is not knowledgeable about baseball. And you're surprised by this?

1908<2005
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Nice let's find one (basically correct) perspective on this and assume all Cubs fans are idiots. Awesome.

1908<2005
06-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Josh Vitters is a better prospect than Gordon Beckham like it or not. I wish we had Vitters in our system. He's actually not that bad of a defender. Only problem with Vitters is he needs to be more patient at the plate. But he's going to be good.

Red Barchetta
06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
I stopped talking to Cubs fans about prospects and minor league call-ups after one argued that Gary Scott was going to be a better 3rd baseman then Robin Ventura. :o:

JB98
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Josh Vitters is a better prospect than Gordon Beckham like it or not. I wish we had Vitters in our system. He's actually not that bad of a defender. Only problem with Vitters is he needs to be more patient at the plate. But he's going to be good.

Then how come Vitters is still playing in low A-ball? It seems that Cubbie team has a hole at 3B right now with Ramirez on the DL. :scratch:

voodoochile
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Then how come Vitters is still playing in low A-ball? It seems that Cubbie team has a hole at 3B right now with Ramirez on the DL. :scratch:

He's got 30 errors in 113 games. Considering he's only been involved in 23 DP, that's especially bad. By what standard is this guy a good defender?

Oh and anyone predicting that a player in A ball is going to "be good" is simply being silly.

Craig Grebeck
06-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Is this a serious question? The guy is super young.

cws05champ
06-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Is this a serious question? The guy is super young.
Yeah, he is like 19 yrs old and was drafted #3 overall out of high school. I wouldn't call him a better prospect than Beckham because Beckham is far more advanced and done well at high levels. I would say they have a similar ceiling but the guy that competes well at higher levels is usually a safer bet.

I think Vitters will be good. He was in the top 20 in BA's prospect list last year, but slipped into the 50's because he had an injury riddled year and his plate discipline and power had not progressed as hoped. His power is starting to show itself now, but he still has no patience(6 BB in 204 PA's). His K/BB is bad because he takes no walks but when he hits it he hits it hard.

Maybe two years from now we'll start to hear comparisons between Beckham and Vitters...but by that time Beckham will be an All-Star and one of the best hitters in the league(half teal). Get used to hearing disparaging remarks about Beckham from Cubs fans...they are not used to over hype on a White Sox prospect like they are for their own.