PDA

View Full Version : Greinke Slowing Down?

twinslayer
06-06-2009, 11:24 AM
9 hits, 5 earned runs last night against Jays. Last time against the Sox, not so hot either. What do you think?

CubKilla
06-06-2009, 11:55 AM
9 hits, 5 earned runs last night against Jays. Last time against the Sox, not so hot either. What do you think?

If he kept on his current pace of the first month and a half or so, he'd have had the best season for a P EVER. He was bound to come back down to earth sooner rather than later. And considering he's a headcase, maybe he'll be equally awful for the next month and a half :smile:

EnglishChiSox
06-06-2009, 12:03 PM
If he kept on his current pace of the first month and a half or so, he'd have had the best season for a P EVER. He was bound to come back down to earth sooner rather than later. And considering he's a headcase, maybe he'll be equally awful for the next month and a half :smile:

Having social anxiety and depression makes you a "Headcase" :scratch:

spawn
06-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Every pitcher has a abd outing or two. He wasn't going to be able to keep up the pace he was at the entire season.

jdm2662
06-06-2009, 01:41 PM
If anyone actually thought he was going to have an ERA under one all season is fooling themselves.

oeo
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe he's just having a rough stretch? I do think he's been overworked and will pay for it in the second half.

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2009, 09:13 PM
That's why the "DOC" should start the All Star Game.

TDog
06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Having social anxiety and depression makes you a "Headcase" :scratch:

Actually, it does, although the term "headcase" is an insensitive one.

Boondock Saint
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Grienke's ERA is still only 1.55 (best in MLB by almost half a run), he has 91 strikeouts (3rd in MLB), and he's still got 8 wins (only Halladay has more, with 9). One or two marginal to bad games doesn't mean he's "Slowing down", it means he's had one or two marginal to bad games.

TDog
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Grienke's ERA is still only 1.55 (best in MLB by almost half a run), he has 91 strikeouts (3rd in MLB), and he's still got 8 wins (only Halladay has more, with 9). One or two marginal to bad games doesn't mean he's "Slowing down", it means he's had one or two marginal to bad games.

His ERA over his last two starts is appreciably higher than his ERA for the season previous to those starts. His ERA for the season is below 2, but that doesn't mean he didn't give up 5 runs Friday night.

"Slowing down" isn't the phrase I would have used, but certainly Greinke hasn't been pitching as well in the last week.

Considering Greinke's history of getting the most out of his pitching abilities, the question of the thread is a valid one.

DumpJerry
06-07-2009, 01:32 AM
What do you think?
I think the Royals need to trade him to the Sox immediately while he still has some value left in him. We can give them two guys, picked at random, from Great Falls and enough cash to buy the entire team a steak dinner.

DSpivack
06-07-2009, 01:48 AM
I think the Royals need to trade him to the Sox immediately while he still has some value left in him. We can give them two guys, picked at random, from Great Falls and enough cash to buy the entire team a steak dinner.

Heck, just send them Great Falls. And I don't mean just the team.