PDA

View Full Version : Dodger Stadium

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Visiting in SoCal and going to Dodger Stadium today for the first time with my son and grandson. Its hard to believe its 47 years old. I will post later on my impressions of the place.

scarsofthumper
06-06-2009, 11:02 AM
My favorite park in baseball, hands down.

06-06-2009, 11:17 AM
My favorite park in baseball, hands down.

Really? Have you been to AT&T or Petco?

white sox bill
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
As much as I enjoyed living in So Cal many yrs ago, I really didn't care too much for their sports teams.The locals seemed a bit too hung up on themselves. I always gravitated towards the Angels (back then, they like the Sox, played 2nd fiddle). But I did make to to see the Dodgers play and liked Dodger Stadium

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
All right, just got back and stayed for all 12 innings as Dodgers beat the Phillies 3-2, Ethier with 2 Hrs including the walk off.
Dodger Stadium looks great for being 47 years old.
Parking for the most part is on the level you are sitting since the stands from LF to RF and around home plate are built into the side of the ravine.
I did'nt like the new sections that they have added from home plate and down both lines which they charge enormous amounts for, they added 8 rows of seats that are much closer than the original configuration and just dont look right.
Food and drink prices were about average for MLB parks.
The right field pavillion section is an all you can eat and the game for $29.00.
LF bleachers are only $13.00 and the top deck is only $7.00 sold only on game day.
We sat in the 3rd deck, 1st row just left of home plate for $27.00.
Sat next to some real nice Dodger fans but true to form a good chunk of the 41,000 left after the 7th inning in a tight ball game.
All in all a pleasant experience, no profanity or excessive drinking, good organ music and the piped in stuff was not close to being loud.

GoGoCrede
06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Went to a Sox-Dodgers game there with my parents last summer. It's a real hassle making that 2-hour drive to LA from where we lived, but I've been spoiled by the el.

The stadium itself is gorgeous, and of course the weather is great. There's always a celeb there, too, if that's your thin

I gotta say, though, Dodger dogs are way overrated, IMO.

palehozenychicty
06-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I kicked myself for not visiting Dodger Stadium last year, as they were on the road. A friend of mine lived less than ten minutes away too. :angry:

This year if I get out to LA, I'll make sure to attend.

gf2020
06-07-2009, 12:25 AM
When I was a field production assistant for the previous season of The Bachelorette, one of the dates was held there and I actually got to take BP. Highlight of my life even if I failed miserably in all attempts to clear the fences. Met Tommy Lasorda too. Man, he looked old.

Love the atmosphere. Saw Danks hold them down during a day game last year.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
When I was a field production assistant for the previous season of The Bachelorette, one of the dates was held there and I actually got to take BP. Highlight of my life even if I failed miserably in all attempts to clear the fences. Met Tommy Lasorda too. Man, he looked old.

Love the atmosphere. Saw Danks hold them down during a day game last year.
Were you close enough to see Don Cooper trip in the dugout and a bunch of guys surrounding the cameraman to see instant replays of the whole thing?

michned
06-07-2009, 01:17 AM
The right field pavillion section is an all you can eat and the game for $29.00.

This sounds good to me! Getting to Dodger Stadium is on my short term to-do list, hopefully this summer or next. I've been to Petco and Anaheim, both nice, but can't wait to see Dodger Stadium in person.

How much was the parking? I was shocked at how inexpensive the parking was at Angel Stadium ($8).

LITTLE NELL
06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
This sounds good to me! Getting to Dodger Stadium is on my short term to-do list, hopefully this summer or next. I've been to Petco and Anaheim, both nice, but can't wait to see Dodger Stadium in person.

How much was the parking? I was shocked at how inexpensive the parking was at Angel Stadium ($8).
Parking was $15.
By the way there was not an empty seat in the RF all you can eat pavillion. According to a fan sitting next to us, the food selection is not the same as in the rest of the park but he said its still a good deal. Beer is extra. Correction on price: $35.00 pre game, $40.00 day of game.