PDA

View Full Version : A few more years and Zambrano's gone

thomas35forever
06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
On the night of his 100th win, Big Z says he's hanging it up after his contract expires. I can't believe he'd do that. He's only 28.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090605&content_id=5163534&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

gobears1987
06-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Buehrle hasn't been so direct, but he has alluded to the possibility that he might retire after his contract is up. I bet he won't, but he has made comments that could lead one to that conclusion.

oeo
06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Zambrano is just a nut case, but all those innings and a power arm like that could mean his career is about done by then, anyway (see: Garcia, Freddy).

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Good bye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Won't miss that nutbag.

WSox597
06-06-2009, 06:04 AM
And Gatorade machines everywhere breathe a sigh of relief, counting the days.

DumpJerry
06-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Why all the hate on Zambrano? It's not like he's playing for another AL Central team and we get the honor of facing him five or six times a year like had to with Johan and CC before they left the division and/or AL.

The guy is entertaining.

Domeshot17
06-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Zambrano I always hated until he came out and said he likes the Sox more than the Cubs. Kind of won me over there a little. That said, I don't think he LOVES the game of baseball. He has too much talent to not take that next step. He may enjoy being rich, and like the game, but he never had the commitment to become one of the best.

scarsofthumper
06-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't blame him. He got a big contract, and when it ends he'll be 31, and could spend the rest of his life with his family and kids. Good for him.

goon
06-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Why all the hate on Zambrano? It's not like he's playing for another AL Central team and we get the honor of facing him five or six times a year like had to with Johan and CC before they left the division and/or AL.

The guy is entertaining.

I think he's a spaz and an ass. Everything about that guy irritates me; the way he jumps off the mound after every strike out, the pointing to the sky in the first inning, being a ****ing switch-hitting pitcher (gimme a break, just because you swing for the fences doesn't make you a great hitter). I don't hate Johan or Sabathia just because they are good and we have/had to face them. Not liking a player because they are talented doesn't make sense, not liking them because of their behavior, regardless of what league they play in, makes more sense to me.

whitem0nkey
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
comments like these help you get more money to "take you out of retirement" on our next deal.

oeo
06-06-2009, 12:36 PM

The guy is entertaining.

All the hate? Only one person said something that's even close to hate.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 02:08 PM

The guy is entertaining.

My favorite player on the Cubs, by far.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I think he's a spaz and an ass. Everything about that guy irritates me; the way he jumps off the mound after every strike out, the pointing to the sky in the first inning, being a ****ing switch-hitting pitcher (gimme a break, just because you swing for the fences doesn't make you a great hitter). .

He provided more offense to the Cubs last night than the Sox have in 23-24 innings.

white sox bill
06-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess in these days of escalating salaries, no need to try and eek out another 5 yrs playing. Most players in their early to mid thirties have made their fortunes. Why not retire?

Dick Allen
06-06-2009, 07:02 PM
His head will probably explode before his contract is up.

SoxFan1979
06-06-2009, 10:02 PM

The guy is entertaining.

I agree he's a damn good pitcher, hitter and of course a great entertainer. I like his tirades they're funny :tongue: