DirtySox
06-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Bad.

Blech.

Retch.

Puke.

maristsox
whats the record for being shut out the most in a season?

hula
Why wait till the end of the season to do a Blackout? They're in a slump and need out of it! How 'bout doing a Blackout tomorrow??? :scratch:

oeo
Just resign, Walk. Please...

thomas35forever
I'm a little surprised the fans are sticking around for the fireworks. There needs to be some sort of walkout for postgame promotions as a way of protest.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 09:38 PM
The Sox have not scored a run for 23 innings.

Soxman219
:gah::angry::gah::angry:!!!!!!

october23sp
23 scoreless. I can't wait til we get the fielders choice out that scores a run to snap out of this.

Boondock Saint
Just horrible.

Awful.

whitesoxfan
The Sox have not scored a run for 23 innings.

Fire Walker.

soxfanatlanta
I'm a little surprised the fans are sticking around for the fireworks. There needs to be some sort of walkout for postgame promotions as a way of protest.

Why?

It's the only entertainment they are going to get tonight.

JB98
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM

The fireworks show is better than Sox baseball. Gotta do something to get your money's worth.

Baron
fireworks were the most exciting thing about the game.

oeo

Walkouts are ****ing stupid.

Chicago5oooh
I think this solidifies us as the worst team in the AL right now. Just awful.

Harry Potter
Should have known we were in for a long night when we stranded our lead-off double in the 1st inning :angry:

BleacherBandit
This team ain't gonna win anything. :rolleyes:

Who thought they would?

Viva Medias B's
23 scoreless. I can't wait til we get the fielders choice out that scores a run to snap out of this.

At which time we'll hear Hawk say...

:hawk
"And this scoreless streak is OVAH!!!"

TomParrish79
we just gotta hang in there and try to ride this out as fans...it is easier said than done.

I just hope they are playing better when i come to watch them in july

thomas35forever
Walkouts are ****ing stupid.
So is this organization for keeping Greg Walker around for so long.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Chris Rongey is on next.

:popcorn:

oeo
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
So is this organization for keeping Greg Walker around for so long.

So let's waste our money and leave early. Yayyy...:scratch::?:

october23sp
06-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Haha, I would just go into the bathroom and wait until the game is over and when I hear fireworks, I go back to my seat and watch the show.

veeter
this team just sucksWell they do right now. But they'll come back and win again. Then they'll suck again. And so on, and so on...

Baron

better than sitting there and watching this team do nothing.

Chez
06-05-2009, 09:43 PM
What's frustrating is that I really thought the team had turned the corner on the last trip.

Red Barchetta
06-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Fire Walker (again)! They need to send a message to the team and perform some kind of action. This is the best place to start. :angry:

october23sp
Well they do right now. But they'll come back and win again. Then they'll suck again. And so on, and so on...
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/bb4re/waterboy7.jpg
"We suck, AGAIN."

oeo
Well they do right now. But they'll come back and win again. Then they'll suck again. And so on, and so on...

The time Walker has a consistent offense will be the first.

What better time than now to fire the guy? It should have been done two years ago, but after three out of four shut outs and 23 straight scoreless innings, he's writing his pink slip himself.

JB98
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty certain Sox management realizes the team is not nearly good enough. If they didn't realize it already, getting hammered four straight games at home by the two worst teams in the American League should drive the point home.

People are paying their hard-earned money to see the Sox get blown to bits at U.S. Cellular Field. I've personally attended three blowout losses already this year and watched several more on TV. This bull**** cannot be acceptable to anyone, from ownership right on down to the common fan.

The Sox have scored three runs or less in 16 of the 27 home games this season. I thought USCF was a hitters' park. :scratch:

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I know the ****ty offense is the big story but what is up with Danks? That's just as troubling.:(:

Viva Medias B's
Frank in a vehicle said KW handed Ozzie a .500 team and asks where the $22M they saved getting rid of Vazquez & Co. is.

Chez
Fire Beckham!!

TomParrish79
I know its always brought up...but seriously after this many shut outs who is to actually blame?

Dan H
Pathetic. This offense has no life. Anyone who thinks the Sox can catch Cleveland is crazy.

Soxman219
I feel like I want to sell my ticket for Sunday's game. This is absolutely pathetic.

oeo
Fire Walker (again)! They need to send a message to the team and perform some kind of action.

They already sent a message. They benched one of the few guys that was actually hitting the ball as of late.

I'm almost ready to jump on the 'Fire Kenny!' bandwagon.

october23sp
06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty certain Sox management realizes the team is not nearly good enough. If they didn't realize it already, getting hammered four straight games at home by the two worst teams in the American League should drive the point home.

People are paying their hard-earned money to see the Sox get blown to bits at U.S. Cellular Field. I've personally attended three blowout losses already this year and watched several more on TV. This bull**** cannot be acceptable to anyone, from ownership right on down to the common fan.

The Sox have scored three runs or less in 16 of the 27 home games this season. I thought USCF was a hitters' park. :scratch:

I think our powerful teams of years past have made this a hitters park.

soxfanatlanta
06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
IThe Sox have scored three runs or less in 16 of the 27 home games this season. I thought USCF was a hitters' park. :scratch:

You need professional hitters, though. Most of these guys are nowhere near that level.

BleacherBandit
06-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I feel like I want to sell my ticket for Sunday's game. This is absolutely pathetic.

Me too. This is TERRIBLE.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Ozzie just said it was "bad, ugly and embarassing" and left the podium.:o:

Viva Medias B's
Ozzie presser on the Score...

He said a lot of bad, embarrassing things happening right now. And the presser ended abruptly.

LoveYourSuit
**** you jake peavy!!!!!!

Law11

30 in the live ball era. with the mets second year of existence. They brought it up on espn 1000 yesterday. We were then on pace for 24.. thats now gone up..

Dan H
06-05-2009, 09:50 PM
I know the ****ty offense is the big story but what is up with Danks? That's just as troubling.:(:

It is troubling. Danks, Quentin, Ramirez and Floyd were supposed to be the foundation of this team. Now Quentin is hurt, Danks is struggling and Ramirez is doing next to nothing. No wonder this team is free-falling.

october23sp
Ozzie just said it was "bad, ugly and embarassing" and left the podium.:o:

Why the shocked face? Ozzie is supposed to be happy and want to talk to the media about the donkey's he's putting out there to run the Kentuck Derby?

Sorry bad 2005 reference there.:redneck

SoxFan1979
:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

getonbckthr
The time has come for Walker.

oeo
06-05-2009, 09:51 PM

It's not a hitters' park, it's a homerun hitters' park. It's too small to be friendly to hitters in general.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Ozzie presser on the Score...

He said a lot of bad, embarrassing things happening right now. And the presser ended abruptly.

It will go un-noticed because no runs were scored, but Chris Getz and that play at 2B is symbolic of this team.

I am so off the Chris Getz bandwagon.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Caller No. 2, Steve on a car phone, says this is totally unacceptable and that we can't make excuses. We can't blame domes and cold weather, he said. He went on to rant about the fact that last place teams are shutting us down.

october23sp
It's not a hitters' park, it's a homerun hitters' park. It's too small to be friendly to hitters in general.

Great point there. We don't have walls that the ball will bounce off awkwardly either for the triple you'll see at other ball parks.

veeter
It will go un-noticed because no runs were scored, but Chris Getz and that play at 2B is symbolic of this team.

I am so off the Chris Getz bandwagon.What happened I missed that.

LoveYourSuit
Caller No. 2, Steve on a car phone, says this is totally unacceptable and that we can't make excuses. We can't blame domes and cold weather, he said.

He is absolutely right.

oeo
06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
You need professional hitters, though. Most of these guys are nowhere near that level.

Maybe what we need is an actual gameplan. And if it's not working, we adjust that gameplan and try something else. Or maybe someone that can help our 'unprofessional' hitters become 'professional' hitters.

That would require a hitting coach that doesn't just sit there and scratch his ass, however.

JB98

Great point. We've got four proven everyday MLB hitters on the team. With Dye suspended, only three were in the lineup tonight. A lot of holes in this lineup.

This is just not a good offensive team.

Viva Medias B's
Sox hitting .220 at home and .280 on the road, per the Ranger.

tacosalbarojas
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
What happened I missed that.
dropped a throw on a double play from Beckham and lollygagged after it allowing the runner to go to third. It was pretty bad.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe what we need is an actual gameplan. And if it's not working, we adjust that gameplan and try something else.

That would require a hitting coach that doesn't just sit there and scratch his ass, however.

The last thing we need is a couch potato the minute we decide to go young. What can Walker possibly teach Gordon or any other young guy we bring up?

You have to make a move, NOW :angry:

Soxman219
06-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Caller No. 2, Steve on a car phone, says this is totally unacceptable and that we can't make excuses. We can't blame domes and cold weather, he said. He went on to rant about the fact that last place teams are shutting us down.

He's right. We should be killing teams like the Indians and A's at OUR HOME regardless of the condition! This is inexcusable, period.

JB98
06-05-2009, 09:56 PM

In any case, the Sox aren't hitting the ball with any authority whatsoever, so the debate is pretty much irrelevant.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Great point. We've got four proven everyday MLB hitters on the team. With Dye suspended, only three were in the lineup tonight. A lot of holes in this lineup.

This is just not a good offensive team.

It's the same core from last year and the last 3-4 seasons including a spectacular 2006.

These guys CAN HIT, but their approach is so ****ed up right now it's a Circus everytime they go up to the dish.

oeo
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
In any case, the Sox aren't hitting the ball with any authority whatsoever, so the debate is pretty much irrelevant.

There isn't really a debate, I was just making a point. It seems like people have been incorrectly labeling the Cell as a hitters' park for awhile now. We don't have a fast infield or anything like they do in Texas. We have very small gaps, which makes tracking down doubles in most parks very easy. And it's nearly impossible to get a triple in that place.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
dropped a throw on a double play from Beckham and lollygagged after it allowing the runner to go to third. It was pretty bad.

Looked like a complete dog just like all season at the plate and his ****ty upper cut swing.

He needs a demotion ASAP.

Gordon to 2B and Fields back to 3B.

That's the way they should go.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately, Beckham is a bit overanxious at the plate as everyone around him is just tanking. Beckham saw three pitches and made three outs. Never took a single pitch.

DirtySox
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm deathly afraid of Detroit's pitching staff that way we have been hitting.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
The third caller, John in Rolling Meadows, says Williams pulled a bonehead move by bringing up Beckham.

TomParrish79
It worries me a little bit that Beckham's first hitting coach in the majors is Walker...

DirtySox
It worries me a little bit that Beckham's first hitting coach in the majors in Walker...

Yes. x1000!

oeo
The third caller, John in Rolling Meadows, says Williams pulled a bonehead move by bringing up Beckham.

To play third base, I think it's very questionable. Either put him in the middle infield, or season him more in the minors.

For a struggling offense, benching a guy in Fields who was hitting the ball well is stupid.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Why the shocked face? Ozzie is supposed to be happy and want to talk to the media about the donkey's he's putting out there to run the Kentuck Derby?

Sorry bad 2005 reference there.:redneck
I guess I misused the icon. Not shocking, meant more "oh dear". If anything I'm shocked he didn't rant more.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:01 PM

After 6 ABs?:?:

He probably hasn't been watching the rest of this line up all year.

JB98
06-05-2009, 10:03 PM
It's the same core from last year and the last 3-4 seasons including a spectacular 2006.

These guys CAN HIT, but their approach is so ****ed up right now it's a Circus everytime they go up to the dish.

Maybe the core is the same, but the parts around the core are very, very different. That's the part of the team that is breaking down.

Look at the weak, weak outs from hitters six through nine tonight. A five-pitch inning against Carl Pavano? That's an embarrassment.

I don't see it. I don't think this team can hit. Maybe it will change when Quentin comes back, but I have my doubts he can stay healthy.

LoveYourSuit
We are still only 3.5 out of first :bandance::bandance::bandance: + 1/2

TDog
The time Walker has a consistent offense will be the first.

What better time than now to fire the guy? It should have been done two years ago, but after three out of four shut outs and 23 straight scoreless innings, he's writing his pink slip himself.

I am much more concerned with the starting pitching than I am with the offense. The last two games you've had Beckham (who clearly doesn't belong in the major leagues) and Wise in the starting lineup, with either Getz or Nix as the second basebaseman. Yesterday Fields was the DH with Thome out of the lineup, and tonight Dye was out of the lineup. This is not a slugging lineup. Konerko has been hitting the ball very well, but he has been hitting it into the defense.

The problem is that the Sox fall behind early in ballgames by multiple runs. They have hit better on the road this year, and on the last roadtrip they were doing a good job in manufacturing runs. It is more difficult to manufacture runs when you're down by 3, 4 or 5 runs early.

The Sox might have scored two or three runs in the first inning of Wednesday night's shutout loss if Podsednik hadn't been picked off of second base. They couldn't get around on Mazarro's fastball all night, but he was having problems locating it in the first. They gave him a chance to regroup and the A's gave him a big lead to make it easy for him.

Some of the players in the starting lineup are a problem. Some of them shouldn't be starting for an American League team. But typically when the Sox lose, it's been because the starting pitchers haven't kept the game close.

sox1970
06-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Sox hitting .220 at home and .280 on the road, per the Ranger.

Make that .216 at home now.

DirtySox
06-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Beckham (who clearly doesn't belong in the major leagues)

Seriously? After 6 AB's?

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Maybe the core is the same, but the parts around the core are very, very different. That's the part of the team that is breaking down.

Look at the weak, weak outs from hitters six through nine tonight. A five-pitch inning against Carl Pavano? That's an embarrassment.

I don't see it. I don't think this team can hit. Maybe it will change when Quentin comes back, but I have my doubts he can stay healthy.

Konerko and Thome are cashing pay checks right now to have 15 HRs and 40+ RBIs respectively.

The Sox are not hitting HRs and that's why they suck.

thomas35forever
06-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I am much more concerned with the starting pitching than I am with the offense. The last two games you've had Beckham (who clearly doesn't belong in the major leagues) and Wise in the starting lineup, with either Getz or Nix as the second basebaseman. Yesterday Fields was the DH with Thome out of the lineup, and tonight Dye was out of the lineup. This is not a slugging lineup. Konerko has been hitting the ball very well, but he has been hitting it into the defense.

The problem is that the Sox fall behind early in ballgames by multiple runs. They have hit better on the road this year, and on the last roadtrip they were doing a good job in manufacturing runs. It is more difficult to manufacture runs when you're down by 3, 4 or 5 runs early.

The Sox might have scored two or three runs in the first inning of Wednesday night's shutout loss if Podsednik hadn't been picked off of second base. They couldn't get around on Mazarro's fastball all night, but he was having problems locating it in the first. They gave him a chance to regroup and the A's gave him a big lead to make it easy for him.

Some of the players in the starting lineup are a problem. Some of them shouldn't be starting for an American League team. But typically when the Sox lose, it's been because the starting pitchers haven't kept the game close.
The starting pitching is a concern, but it's a mere bruise compared to what the offense is. Your rotation can't throw six shutout innings every night. It just doesn't happen. It's up to the offense to make those runs up. If they're not hitting, well, you've seen it lately.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I am much more concerned with the starting pitching than I am with the offense..........

NO.

At the Cell, the Sox should be more than capable to play 7-5 or 8-5 games.

oeo

Sorry, but how is this the case? You can tell that after 6 AB's? I think the guy's bat is ready. I just don't think he should be playing a position he has very, very little experience at.

Viva Medias B's
Phil on the Northwest Side says KW should be fired. I think Ranger is about to chug a bottle of Jim Beam after hearing that.

PhillipsBubba
I wonder how long Jerry Reinsdorf is going to allow these guys to pick his pocket???:scratch:

billyvsox
06-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I suggest Beckham at SS (his natural position), Alexi at 2b (his best position) and Fields/Nix/Viciedo or a trade at 3B. If Fields is at 3B then he should bat 9th, so all his K's dont hurt as much. And put Someboy in the 3 spot in the line-up who can drive in run (JD really hasn't and Thome strikes out too much. Isn't your best overall hitter supposed to hit 3rd?

TomParrish79
Haha...too bad I don't get to hear these postgame radio shows. They sound great.

Baron
Phil on the Northwest Side says KW should be fired. I think Ranger is about to chug a bottle of Jim Beam after hearing that.
what are you listening to

southsideirish71
I get a kick out of the chicken littles who think that after 6 ABs of seeing Beckham that he is not ready and needs to be sent down. You must of wanted Ventura gone when he came up as well.

This team isnt very good right now. If they are to struggle. I would rather have him adjust this year then and move foward. Rookies rarely come to the bigs and hit the ground running. So if this is a bad year, lets let them take their lumps now and move on. The only question is if he can handle it mentally. Thats the only question with young guys.

JB98
06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Konerko and Thome are cashing pay checks right now to have 15 HRs and 40+ RBIs respectively.

The Sox are not hitting HRs and that's why they suck.

Konerko has been our best hitter this year. I'm not going to point fingers at him. Personally, I'm glad that he's sacrificing some power to put more balls in play and hit for a higher average.

The Sox suck because they have four or five guys starting who should not be starting in the big leagues.

LoveYourSuit
I wonder how long Jerry Reinsdorf is going to allow these guys to pick his pocket???:scratch:

Even with all the payroll cuts, it's still a substantial coin they are paying for this group of crapfest.

A fan and the owner of this club should be fuming right now.

DSpivack

:rolleyes:

I suggest Beckham at SS (his natural position), Alexi at 2b (his best position) and Fields/Nix/Viciedo or a trade at 3B. If Fields is at 3B then he should bat 9th, so all his K's dont hurt as much. And put Someboy in the 3 spot in the line-up who can drive in run (JD really hasn't and Thome strikes out too much. Isn't your best overall hitter supposed to hit 3rd?

Viciedo is nowhere close to being MLB ready.

Haha...too bad I don't get to hear these postgame radio shows. They sound great.

You can listen online, if you so desired.

Noneck
06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Till he can dump their salaries or until their contracts expire. Then he will pick our pockets.

DSpivack
06-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Till he can dump their salaries or until their contracts expire. Then he will pick our pockets.

TDog
Seriously? After 6 AB's?

That was my opinion the day before he was brought up. It isn't like he led the Pacific Coast League in hitting last year. He was hitting with a metal bat last year (or whatever composite they're using now).

I'm not saying Beckham should call his mother and ask her to come to take him home because he will never be a decent major league baseball player. I'm saying it is ridiculous to believe he is ready in early June less than a year after he finished his last college season.

Viva Medias B's
And Dave from Berwyn said he would not want to be a waiter at a restaurant Ozzie goes to tonight. He also said we aren't hitting to right field.

LoveYourSuit
Konerko has been our best hitter this year. I'm not going to point fingers at him. Personally, I'm glad that he's sacrificing some power to put more balls in play and hit for a higher average.

The Sox suck because they have four or five guys starting who should not be starting in the big leagues.

I respect that thought and I agree with you.

So Kenny is 100% at fault for this mess and he shouldn't get a pass.

"In Kenny, I no longer trust."

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
We are still only 3.5 out of first :bandance::bandance::bandance: + 1/2

Why the teal? It's not sarcastic, it's true.

Yeah, the Sox have had a really ****ty week, but at least we play in a really ****ty division.

Baron
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM

Viciedo is nowhere close to being MLB ready.

You can listen online, if you so desired.
What exactly are you listening to

BleacherBandit
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry, these postgame shows do nothing for me. I didn't hear one intelligent thing.

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM

:rolling:

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Why the teal? It's not sarcastic, it's true.

Yeah, the Sox have had a really ****ty week, but at least we play in a really ****ty division.

Teal because I'm not excited about it.

But at this point, I guess it's the best we can do.

PalehosePlanet
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM

It doesn't help when your moron catcher calls for 6 changeups in one at bat. They had Derosa set up for a fastball after repeatedly throwing low-slow, low-slow, low-slow....

Man is this frustrating. I think the last I was this pissed at this team was in 2002.

DSpivack
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
What exactly are you listening to

Yeah, I tried loading gameday audio, nothing there, and WSCR's website has some other program. Sorry.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
It doesn't help when your moron catcher calls for 6 changeups in one at bat. They had Derosa set up for a fastball after repeatedly throwing low-slow, low-slow, low-slow....

Man is this frustrating. I think the last I was this pissed at this team was in 2002.

Slept thru 2007?

Dick Allen
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Getting Peavy wouldn't have mattered. The offense wouldn't score for him either. This is just absolutely pathetic and I think I've about had enough. This is the homestand that was supposed to really get the season on the right track. Instead, the opposite is happening.

JB98
06-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Well, as I posted earlier in the thread, I think Sox management knows this team isn't nearly good enough. Because of the success KW has had in the past, he has earned the right to try to clean up his own mess, IMO.

KW assembled this roster. The roster is just good enough to hang around in the weakest division in baseball, and I'm not satisfied with that. In fact, I'm angry at the lack of competitiveness we've seen this season, especially in home games. I would welcome change.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Don in Oak Park has his hand on the plunger. He says the plunger should be pulled if we lose 3 out of 5 to Detroit.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Ed in Manteno said the White Sox are causing him to chew on his steering wheel.

rickytickytockyk
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Mod Edit: See ya in a week...

soxfanatlanta
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm saying it is ridiculous to believe he is ready in early June less than a year after he finished his last college season.

Agreed.

Ventura played 129 games before he was called up. I'd have no problem if I thought this team could compete while Beckham learns to hit with a wood bat against big league pitching, but with all the holes in the lineup, I just don't see that happening.

So what's the point of him being here?

soxfanatlanta
06-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Mod Edit: Please don't quote the obvious violations. It just makes more work...

Sooooooo classy!

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Ed in Manteno said the White Sox are causing him to chew on his steering wheel.

At his own advice of listening to dumb callers and having to chew on his steering wheel, he just suggested to cut Dye.

southsideirish71
06-05-2009, 10:23 PM
In 2006, the Redsox promoted a 22 year old. He had 98 ABs and hit only .191. I am sure their fans were nuts with that. He turned out okay. Guys don't just come to the majors, and hit like they have been here forever.

Beckham is a bit quick in the count. Once he settles down a bit, and takes some pitches like he did in the minors then we can see how he progresses. So far at 3rd he looks okay. Its not like he is striking out like mad and missing lots of pitches and kicking the ball.

Take a breath and relax.

PhillipsBubba
06-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Not sure about that, but I can tell you this...

1919 Black Sox shut out 6 times

1959 Hitless Wonders shut out 8 times

1970 106 Loss White Sox shut out 8 times

1977 South Side Hitmen shut out 2 times

2005 World Champs shut out 7 times

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:24 PM
In 2 weeks or whenever Quentin returns our lineup should look like this:

1) Pods- CF
2) Beckham- 3B
3) Quentin- LF
4) Thome- DH (unless we could find a team to take him)
5) Konerko- 1B ( Fields if we can move Konerko)
6) Pierzynski- C
7) Ramirez- SS
8) Anderson- RF
9) Getz- 2B

Trade Dye if you can trade Konerko and Thome as well.

DSpivack
06-05-2009, 10:25 PM

1) Pods- CF
2) Beckham- 3B
3) Quentin- LF
6) Pierzynski- C
7) Ramirez- SS
8) Anderson- RF
9) Getz- 2B

Have you already traded Dye?

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM

We have all those beat....and its only June 5th and 50 games in.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Matt in Arlington Heights said his wife would not let him name the family dog Ozzie.

thomas35forever
06-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Matt in Arlington Heights said his wife would not let him name the family dog Ozzie.
:whocares

TDog
06-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I get a kick out of the chicken littles who think that after 6 ABs of seeing Beckham that he is not ready and needs to be sent down. You must of wanted Ventura gone when he came up as well.

Robin Ventura made his debut as a September callup for a team desperately out of contention. He had played a full season at Birmingham. And he probably wasn't ready. But it was a non-contending September after he had played a full AA season.

It is ridiculous to think that Beckham is ready for the major leagues. He may develop into someone who helps his team score one day (certainly he isn't the only reason he has never played in a major league lineup that has scored a run), but I have posted elsewhere that I believe calling up Beckham was an act of desperation.

The funny thing is that there was another White Sox team almost 11 years ago that looked sluggish, was playing under .500 baseball and was 3.5 games out of first place. Many fans didn't forgive the organization for giving up on the season until the World Series parade eight years later. And many still harbor a grudge.

JB98

1) Pods- CF
2) Beckham- 3B
3) Quentin- LF
6) Pierzynski- C
7) Ramirez- SS
8) Anderson- RF
9) Getz- 2B

So, you're advocating trading three of our four best hitters?

getonbckthr
Have you already traded Dye?
Absolutely. I should have used periods and commas frustration caused some laziness. Ya deal whatever vets you can. Dealing them now opposed to July 30-31st should mean a better return. Seriously whats the point? Is this team going anywhere? Get as many at bats for the youngsters as you can and see what you have. Hey if a team is willing to take Colon trade him to and bring up Poreda.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
:whocares

Well, he did have to tell Ranger this, I suppose.

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM

We don't really need a running PBP of the post game radio show. If people want to listen they can and if the people who are on the radio want to share their thoughts here, they can register.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
So, you're advocating trading three of our four best hitters?
What have we done with them? Is this a playoff team? The answers there are nothing and no. Why waste time. 2009 is a lost cause. 9 shutouts already? We hit 60 pts lower at home than the road? Blow the damn thing up. As for an earlier post send out Dotel as well teams always need bullpen. Hell send him up north the Cubs need a closer.

Woofer
06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Absolutely. I should have used periods and commas frustation caused some laziness. Ya deal whatever vets you can. Dealing them now opposed to July 30-31st should mean a better return. Seriously whats the point? Is this team going anywhere? Get as many at bats for the youngsters as you can and see what you have. Hey if a team is willing to take Colon trade him to and bring up Poreda.

So who do we get for all of the guys on the team who actually make contact sometimes? More Chris Getz or Dewayne Wise types? Pass.

soxfanatlanta
06-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Hell send him up north the Cubs need a closer.

OK, slowly back away from the keyboard, man.

:tongue:

DirtySox
06-05-2009, 10:32 PM
So who do we get for all of the guys on the team who actually make contact sometimes? More Chris Getz or Dewayne Wise types? Pass.

Nope. You get Daryle Ward and Michael Restovich from AAA. :smile: The return would be in the minors.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
So Jermaine Dye would get us nothing in return? Konerko would get us nothing in return?

Brian26
The funny thing is that there was another White Sox team almost 11 years ago that looked sluggish, was playing under .500 baseball and was 3.5 games out of first place. Many fans didn't forgive the organization for giving up on the season until the World Series parade eight years later. And many still harbor a grudge.

The difference between the powerhouse '97 Indians and the '09 Tigers is comical. Completely different situation here. Not only is this division open, but the League is open. Any mediocre team could sneak into the World Series this year by catching fire at the right now.

I'm sad for anyone who still harbors a grudge about Danny Darwin, Wilson Alvarez and Roberto Hernandez, especially if the '05 title didn't heal their broken heart. That's pathetic.

voodoochile
Absolutely. I should have used periods and commas frustation caused some laziness. Ya deal whatever vets you can. Dealing them now opposed to July 30-31st should mean a better return. Seriously whats the point? Is this team going anywhere? Get as many at bats for the youngsters as you can and see what you have. Hey if a team is willing to take Colon trade him to and bring up Poreda.

That's just silly...

You don't tear down a team in early June because it's had a rough stretch with a fair number of injuries this season already. Especially when it's 3.5 games out of first in the weakest division in baseball.

Will they turn it around? I have no idea, this week has been especially craptacular, but during that week they actually made up .5 games on first place and are still tied with the second place team in the loss column (depending on tonight's outcome).

southsideirish71
06-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Robin Ventura made his debut as a September callup for a team desperately out of contention. He had played a full season at Birmingham. And he probably wasn't ready. But it was a non-contending September after he had played a full AA season.

It is ridiculous to think that Beckham is ready for the major leagues. He may develop into someone who helps his team score one day (certainly he isn't the only reason he has never played in a major league lineup that has scored a run), but I have posted elsewhere that I believe calling up Beckham was an act of desperation.

Did Alex Fernandez play a full season in the minors? This is not a juggernaut team. Its bad team in a bad division.

JB98
What have we done with them? Is this a playoff team? The answers there are nothing and no. Why waste time. 2009 is a lost cause. 9 shutouts already? We hit 60 pts lower at home than the road? Blow the damn thing up. As for an earlier post send out Dotel as well teams always need bullpen. Hell send him up north the Cubs need a closer.

I'm personally not willing to sit here and eat a 95-loss season, and I'm sure as hell not going to advocate doing anything that helps the ****ing Cubs.

The Sox aren't going to get much in return if they trade Dye, Thome or Konerko, and they don't have anyone to replace them. Unless you want to call up Michael Restovich and Andy Phillips.

PalehosePlanet
Slept thru 2007?

2007 sucked but we suffered through alot of injuries. We were forced to play chumps and/or subs like Luis Torrero, Alex Cintron, Andy Gonzalez, Rob Mackowiak, et al. every day. We also went through Danks' and Floyd's growing pains and had a young, unproven and horrendous bullpen.

I am not saying that it was acceptable, but it was understandable.

Woofer
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
After seeing Getz make that bonehead, lazy error tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing Alexei move back to 2nd, and put Beckham at SS, where he belongs. (Like someone else said earlier)

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Wouldn't the fact that the Sox are still in the hunt despite not hitting at home be actually grounds for optimism? I mean most people would expect this team to hit at home eventually.

Brian26
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Getting Peavy wouldn't have mattered. The offense wouldn't score for him either. This is just absolutely pathetic and I think I've about had enough. This is the homestand that was supposed to really get the season on the right track. Instead, the opposite is happening.

On Monday, this team finished a streak where they were one out away from winning 11 out of 13 games. How can people be so fickle?

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM
So Jermaine Dye would get us nothing in return? Konerko would get us nothing in return?

You'd just have to replace them next year.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM
OK, slowly back away from the keyboard, man.

:tongue:
Why not though? Dotel, since we signed him, has been very good in pressure situations. 8 miles away the only that has sucked more than Marmol this year has been Gregg. Who knows maybe a miracle could happen and we could send Dye there to and get Hoffpauir and Marshall in return. I wouldn't mind Hoffpauir as our everyday DH starting in 2010 just dont let him see the field.

Woofer
06-05-2009, 10:38 PM

I have no faith that any trades made right now will yield us anything better than we already have. Witness how bad our trades from the past off season went.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:38 PM
2007 sucked but we suffered through alot of injuries. We were forced to play chumps and/or subs like Luis Torrero, Alex Cintron, Andy Gonzalez, Rob Mackowiak, et al. every day. We also went through Danks' and Floyd's growing pains and had a young, unproven and horrendous bullpen.

I am not saying that it was acceptable, but it was understandable.

Every year after getting a taste of the World Series, I expect big things from the Sox. 2007 was no exception. I never expected that to be a 90 loss season even with all the injuries.

I never expected this team this year to be a below .500 team, not looking good right now.

Brian26
06-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm personally not willing to sit here and eat a 95-loss season, and I'm sure as hell not going to advocate doing anything that helps the ****ing Cubs.

Don't forget how the Matt Karchner deal worked out for us. Never say never.

thomas35forever

The Sox aren't going to get much in return if they trade Dye, Thome or Konerko, and they don't have anyone to replace them. Unless you want to call up Michael Restovich and Andy Phillips.
The Sox always need to market themselves, so helping the Cubs better be the last thing on their minds.

It's true that none of those veteran hitters are going to get us much value in return. They'll be worth nothing in a few years. Don't expect to get an organization's top two prospects in a trade involving them.

sullythered
My dog's name is Ozzie.:smile:

I don't know why his wife would blame Ozzie. No manager in the history of baseball would be doing much else with this roster.

Dick Allen
06-05-2009, 10:40 PM
On Monday, this team finished a streak where they were one out away from winning 11 out of 13 games. How can people be so fickle?Maybe because there's been a pattern of not hitting, especially in clutch situations, for at least two years now.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't the fact that the Sox are still in the hunt despite not hitting at home be actually grounds for optimism? I mean most people would expect this team to hit at home eventually.
Perhaps. Just to me it doesnt look promising. Also maybe its just me showing frustration in a team that has the talent but is just pathetic. Its just very very bad baseball. Not breaks going against just horrible execution.
You'd just have to replace them next year.
Thats kind of my point. Dye won't be here next year so lets get something for him.

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Perhaps. Just to me it doesnt look promising. Also maybe its just me showing frustration in a team that has the talent but is just pathetic. Its just very very bad baseball. Not breaks going against just horrible execution.

Thats kind of my point. Dye won't be here next year so lets get something for him.

Dye might be here next year. There's an option on the table and I doubt Dye walks away from it. I would think KW would be willing to pick it up too.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM

Who cares who it helps. If we can something that will help in the future do it.

JB98

How do you know Dye won't be here next year?

Woofer
Dye might be here next year. There's an option on the table and I doubt Dye walks away from it. I would think KW would be willing to pick it up too.

Dye should DH next year.

DSpivack

What makes you think we'll get anything decent for JD?

soxfanatlanta
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Why not though? Dotel, since we signed him, has been very good in pressure situations. 8 miles away the only that has sucked more than Marmol this year has been Gregg. Who knows maybe a miracle could happen and we could send Dye there to and get Hoffpauir and Marshall in return. I wouldn't mind Hoffpauir as our everyday DH starting in 2010 just dont let him see the field.

Because putting together a good bullpen is a complete crapshoot. We have one, so hold on to it as long as you can.

JB98
06-05-2009, 10:45 PM

The Sox are competing with the Cubs for entertainment dollars in Chicago. I wouldn't do ANYTHING to help that outfit on the North Side if I were KW.

You're not going to get anything of value by trading Octavio Dotel's expiring contract anyway.

TDog
06-05-2009, 10:45 PM

The 1977 White Sox set what was, at the time, a record for fewest shutout games, won or lost. They were shut out twice, both in September when the hitting seems to sputter out as they settled into third place, ultimately 13 games out -- not much of a season, really. Nolan Ryan and Dave Golz were the winning pitchers. At the same time, their pitchers only threw three shutouts. Ken Kravec pitched the first Sox shutout in mid-June.

And, of course, the 1959 team wasn't the Hitless Wonders. That was the 1906 White Sox, who beat the Cubs in the World Series.

They were shut out 16 times in the regular season and once in the World Series.

getonbckthr
06-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Again i'm venting a little as well. My dad is outta town with my mom and my brother went out tonight straight from work ( i got a long day tommorow). Usually they would get the bulk of the madness tonight its you guys. On that note im going to bed while I try to forget the fact our offense is making soccer look high scoring.

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Dye should DH next year.

I think it will rotate a lot instead of having one main guy like this year, but between Dye, PK and TCQ, we can keep people fresher and cover the DH role just fine.

Of course if Kenny acquired Adam Dunn or someone similar I wouldn't object to that either...

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Again i'm venting a little as well. My dad is outta town with my mom and my brother went out tonight straight from work ( i got a long day tommorow). Usually they would get the bulk of the madness tonight its you guys. On that note im going to bed while I try to forget the fact our offense is making soccer look high scoring.

I hear you. I'm frustrated by this past week to.

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Dye should DH next year.

I might be the only guy here who thinks Dye plays a better OF still over the younger Quentin.

Quentin should DH before Dye IMO. Maybe this way he can stay healthy for a very long time.

TDog
06-05-2009, 10:52 PM
The difference between the powerhouse '97 Indians and the '09 Tigers is comical. Completely different situation here. Not only is this division open, but the League is open. Any mediocre team could sneak into the World Series this year by catching fire at the right now.

That, of course, includes the White Sox. And, really, if their starting pitchers would keep them in more ballgames, they would have a good shot, even if they don't have a quality third baseman.

Marqhead
06-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Lots of action in the PGT for a Friday evening.

Frustrating week indeed, but I like to stay positive. Let's hope they turn it around for the remainder on the homestand.

voodoochile
06-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I might be the only guy here who thinks Dye plays a better OF still over the younger Quentin.

Quentin should DH before Dye IMO. Maybe this way he can stay healthy for a very long time.

Actually, I thought TCQ was making good strides this year defensively. He was positioning himself better. He also seemed to be getting better jumps, especially on singles in front of him with runners on second. He saved at least a couple runs when the third base coach held the runner instead of testing Q's arm.

If he cannot stay healthy while playing LF then perhaps he needs to learn 1B or become a DH, but if he can stay healthy then he was doing just fine, IMO.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-05-2009, 10:59 PM

You're not alone, I tend to agree. Even with the legs getting older he still looks pretty good out there.

Hitmen77
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Same old White Sox offense.

It's a good thing for Greg Walker that (according to some around here) he has no responsibility for our offensive woes.:rolleyes:

PalehosePlanet
06-05-2009, 11:23 PM

I for one definitely hope JD is still here; he obviously still has plenty left in the tank. His power would be very hard to replace and as mentioned numerous times he could take over as our DH in 2010 and possibly beyond.

Also, not to sound like a sentimental sap, but the day Jermaine is no longer with the Sox will be a sad, sad day in my household. He's done alot for us, and even though this is only his 5th year here, IMO he's entrenched himself as a big part of Sox history --- much the same way as Dick Allen has in only three years here.

In fact, as a fan, I'm way more attached to JD then I ever was to Magglio even though he was our home grown product.

chisoxfanatic
That was the whole point of the poll I posted last night.
What happened I missed that.
Beckham threw a tailor-made double play-starting toss to Getz, which Getz allowed to go all the way into the outfield. Getz then lazily trotted to the outfield, which allowed the baserunner to advance another base. It was highly unacceptable! That was an A or AA move right there if that!

And so goes another enjoyable night at the ballpark. Yea, at least we got fireworks and it wasn't in the mid-40s out there tonight. Hopefully my next game on Monday afternoon doesn't suck like the last two I've been to!

JB98
Same old White Sox offense.

It's a good thing for Greg Walker that (according to some around here) he has no responsibility for our offensive woes.:rolleyes:

Oh, he has responsibility. I just question whether making a change would make that much of a difference.

You can't polish a turd.

Big D
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh, he has responsibility. I just question whether making a change would make that much of a difference.

You can't polish a turd.

Only one way to find out . . .

BigP50
06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
man this is getting bad but there have been so many shut outs that when they do get shut out it almost doesn't even bother me like it normally would, because I am so used to it

Bill Naharodny
06-06-2009, 12:00 AM
The starting pitching is a concern, but it's a mere bruise compared to what the offense is. Your rotation can't throw six shutout innings every night. It just doesn't happen. It's up to the offense to make those runs up. If they're not hitting, well, you've seen it lately.

True, but let's not sugarcoat it: he's battled, but basically, John Danks has been simply terrible this year. And we're not going anywhere if John Danks is terrible.

hi im skot
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM

Ozzie should have pulled him after the top half of the inning.

I'm not off the bandwagon, but that was flat-out embarrassing and unacceptable.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Ozzie should have pulled him after the top half of the inning.

I'm not off the bandwagon, but that was flat-out embarrassing and unacceptable.

I'm not for managers showing off their players, but that play right there goes above and beyond dogging it. With all the frustrations with this ball club, that was the moment for Ozzie to make a statement. Ask for time, go to the ump and tell him about the replacement at 2B. Nix comes out of the dugout. Nothing needs to be said to Getz after that. Just get off the field when he sees Nix on his way to replace him.

Let's remember, the future was standing at 3B watching all of this "dog ball" develop. I'm sure he already knows, but it is good to keep reminding all the players that this game is not a joke.

DickAllen72
06-06-2009, 12:24 AM

Tonight's starting lineup that included Wise, Getz, and Anderson isn't one that should be expected to do well. One of those guys shouldn't even be in the major leagues and the other two are bench players at best.

As for Beckham, I'll give him a pass for now but someone explain to me why the hitting coach didn't tell him to take a few pitches the next time he comes up after watching him swing at the first pitch his first two ABs?

KW needs to acquire a major league third baseman, move Beckham to his real position, 2B, and trade for a real CFer and get rid of Wise and Anderson already. Those moves, coupled with the return of Dye and the healthy recovery of Quentin would be enough to fix the offense as well as the defense.

Nellie_Fox
06-06-2009, 12:28 AM
You can't polish a turd.Myth Busters proved you could.

Frankfan4life
06-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Wouldn't the fact that the Sox are still in the hunt despite not hitting at home be actually grounds for optimism? I mean most people would expect this team to hit at home eventually.I can't read any more. I got to your post and I think of everything I've read to this point it best reflects what I'm feeling right now (in addition to abject frustration and disgust). To date, the Sox have been more horrible than they've been good but I believe they will get better (hopefully soon).

AzureJazzMan
06-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Ok, starting with tomorrow's game, they turn it around and go on another streak of like 9 wins out of 12. Who's with me?

Whitesoxfan23
06-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Terrible game all around, but that's obvious. Beckham needs to be more patient at the plate. I am not going to be too hard on him yet though, I would just like to see him take a few more pitches. I'm sure he is just excited to get his first major league hit. I don't know what to say about this team. I sometimes wish I didn't care so much, but the Sox have given me more good memories, than bad though.

I just don't understand how Kenny thought they could be a really good ballclub with the guys we have. There are too many holes. This team will have a streak again where they look like a great team, and then they will fall apart again. We have seen this since 2nd half of 2006. This team needs a shakeup. Walker has got to go. Loyalty and everything that is all good, but this is a business and that is what is most important here.

I also wish that the Sox would land a big time free agent in the off-season. How awesome would it be if the Sox could land Holliday in the off-season? I think this team is at a crossroads right now, and it's impossible to predict how they will be even in a couple of years. Alot of things can (and probably will) change between now and then. In the meantime, I'll still watch them play, hanging on every pitch, and celebrate every win, and hang my head with every loss. Let's go get em tomorrow.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Myth Busters proved you could.

Everything Myth Busters looks at the answer is to use explosives. My guess is they didn't polish the turd but blew it up. Maybe Myth Busters needs to come look at the Sox.

voodoochile
06-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I for one definitely hope JD is still here; he obviously still has plenty left in the tank. His power would be very hard to replace and as mentioned numerous times he could take over as our DH in 2010 and possibly beyond.

Also, not to sound like a sentimental sap, but the day Jermaine is no longer with the Sox will be a sad, sad day in my household. He's done alot for us, and even though this is only his 5th year here, IMO he's entrenched himself as a big part of Sox history --- much the same way as Dick Allen has in only three years here.

In fact, as a fan, I'm way more attached to JD then I ever was to Magglio even though he was our home grown product.

I agree. I've even stated I wouldn't mind signing JD to a 2-3 year extension when this contract is up because those numbers have to come from somewhere. Relying on ALL the kids in AA to develop is really questionable and another vet would cost as much or more. I hope JD retires here...

Brian26
06-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not for managers showing off their players, but that play right there goes above and beyond dogging it. With all the frustrations with this ball club, that was the moment for Ozzie to make a statement. Ask for time, go to the ump and tell him about the replacement at 2B. Nix comes out of the dugout. Nothing needs to be said to Getz after that. Just get off the field when he sees Nix on his way to replace him.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Barring injury of some sort, you just don't do that to a major league player in his home stadium unless your Billy Martin showing up Reggie Jackson.

ode to veeck
06-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I agree. I've even stated I wouldn't mind signing JD to a 2-3 year extension when this contract is up because those numbers have to come from somewhere. Relying on ALL the kids in AA to develop is really questionable and another vet would cost as much or more. I hope JD retires here...

I strongly agree and never thought I'd be so much happier with Dye than Maggs, but it is a no brainer

Domeshot17
06-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Only one way to find out . . .

You enter a very Dangerous area when you do this. If you bring in a new hitting coach and everything changes, then good work. If you bring in a better hitting coach and nothing changes, your GM gets put on the hotseat.

Boondock Saint
06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I just don't understand how Kenny thought they could be a really good ballclub with the guys we have. There are too many holes. This team will have a streak again where they look like a great team, and then they will fall apart again. We have seen this since 2nd half of 2006. This team needs a shakeup. Walker has got to go. Loyalty and everything that is all good, but this is a business and that is what is most important here.

Hindsight: Making the ordinary person a baseball expert for over a hundred years!

People were saying the same thing about last years team with Danks, Floyd, Quentin and Ramirez on the roster before the season started. I'm sure there were plenty of "experts" lying in wait to trash that team, too.

russ99
06-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, as I posted earlier in the thread, I think Sox management knows this team isn't nearly good enough. Because of the success KW has had in the past, he has earned the right to try to clean up his own mess, IMO.

KW assembled this roster. The roster is just good enough to hang around in the weakest division in baseball, and I'm not satisfied with that. In fact, I'm angry at the lack of competitiveness we've seen this season, especially in home games. I would welcome change.

KW built this roster based on the resources alloted to him. How did he know that 3 CF's, 3 2B's and 2 3B's would all be at varying levels of not working out?

You can't blame Kenny for Jerry's payroll belt-tightening. But what you can blame Kenny for is if he does nothing to fix it like in 2007. Hopefully Beckham's call up is the first in a number of moves to shore up the roster.

BTW, Kenny, canning Walker would help too...

Risk
06-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Fire Walker.

Risk

TomBradley72
06-06-2009, 11:13 AM
The 1977 White Sox set what was, at the time, a record for fewest shutout games, won or lost. They were shut out twice, both in September when the hitting seems to sputter out as they settled into third place, ultimately 13 games out -- not much of a season, really. Nolan Ryan and Dave Golz were the winning pitchers. At the same time, their pitchers only threw three shutouts. Ken Kravec pitched the first Sox shutout in mid-June.

Heresy.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Barring injury of some sort, you just don't do that to a major league player in his home stadium unless your Billy Martin showing up Reggie Jackson.

Bobby Cox did it to Andrew Jones I believe.

That's mentioning 2 big time ML players (Jones and Jackson).

Getz should have been yanked just as a statement for being a dog and for the entire team to get the message. Getz should have been used as an example.

spawn
06-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Bobby Cox did it to Andrew Jones I believe.

That's mentioning 2 big time ML players (Jones and Jackson).

Getz should have been yanked just as a statement for being a dog and for the entire team to get the message. Getz should have been used as an example.
And I can guarantee Ozzie would've been ripped for doing that. That's not the message you want to send, by embarrasing the kid by replacing him during the inning.

LoveYourSuit
06-06-2009, 02:12 PM
And I can guarantee Ozzie would've been ripped for doing that. That's not the message you want to send, by embarrasing the kid by replacing him during the inning.

At this point, a tirade is necessary to wake this group up. Something drastic like showing up the kid wouldn't hurt IMO.

Let's remember, Hawk and others compare Ozzie to Billy Martin.

Nellie_Fox
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Everything Myth Busters looks at the answer is to use explosives. My guess is they didn't polish the turd but blew it up. Nope, they actually got it to shine.

But what's wrong with blowing stuff up?

DonnieDarko
06-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Just outta curiosity, why can't I seem to find a 6/6 postgame thread?

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Just outta curiosity, why can't I seem to find a 6/6 postgame thread?
Because the thread title does not include the date. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112480)

DonnieDarko
06-07-2009, 01:38 AM
...touche. Thanks.

Brian26
06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I added the date. Thanks for the heads up.