PDA

View Full Version : Fingerpointing

Viva Magglio
06-02-2002, 09:08 AM
In the papers this morning, José Valentín admitted that he made the error that opened the floodgates. However, he also pointed his finger at Todd Ritchie for not making the pitches to get us out of the inning.

Defensive Valentin says Ritchie erred (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug02.html)

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
In the papers this morning, José Valentín admitted that he made the error that opened the floodgates. However, he also pointed his finger at Todd Ritchie for not making the pitches to get us out of the inning.

Defensive Valentin says Ritchie erred (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug02.html) i am surprise at this......... even 2 yrs ago, when he made all those errors at ss, he never pointed fingers............ something is amiss in the clubhouse............. or with the attitude of the team........... but i wonder why ritchie? why not any of the coaches?

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2002, 09:45 AM
This is NOT good,repeating,NOT good.

harwar
06-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Valentin has been my favorite Sox player for a couple of years now.No longer.His whinning complaint reminds me of D.Wells trying to recant his story about Thomas after he found out that frank was REALLY hurt.I say its time to bring up J.Crede.Todd Ritchie is a joke but he was in some kind of trance yesterday and was just sailing along.Valentins' error seemed to wake him up and he reverted back to normal(ie: a sad excuse for a starting pitcher).Also,has anyone noticed that Herbert Perry is knocking the crap outta the ball in texas?I still miss that guy.

CubKilla
06-02-2002, 11:34 AM
I agree that finger pointing is not good. I am glad that Valentin took the blame and admitted to his error. But, I'm afraid I have to somewhat agree with Valentin here in so much as if Todd Ritchie was a mediocre at best pitcher (he may be worse than that), one error does not lead to 8 runs, earned or unearned. Errors will happen, and in Valentin's case, errors will happen often. A good pitcher pitches through the errors and finds a way to make important outs. Say what you will about the Sox offense taking a nap everytime Ritchie pitches. But Ritchie is 3-7 for a reason..... and Valentin's error yesterday had nothing to do with the 6 previous shellackings.

CLR01
06-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I agree that finger pointing is not good. I am glad that Valentin took the blame and admitted to his error. But, I'm afraid I have to somewhat agree with Valentin here in so much as if Todd Ritchie was a mediocre at best pitcher (he may be worse than that), one error does not lead to 8 runs, earned or unearned. Errors will happen, and in Valentin's case, errors will happen often. A good pitcher pitches through the errors and finds a way to make important outs. Say what you will about the Sox offense taking a nap everytime Ritchie pitches. But Ritchie is 3-7 for a reason..... and Valentin's error yesterday had nothing to do with the 6 previous shellackings.

Not to many pitchers are going to rack up the wins when the offense is only putting 2 on the board for you.

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I agree that finger pointing is not good. I am glad that Valentin took the blame and admitted to his error. But, I'm afraid I have to somewhat agree with Valentin here in so much as if Todd Ritchie was a mediocre at best pitcher (he may be worse than that), one error does not lead to 8 runs, earned or unearned. Errors will happen, and in Valentin's case, errors will happen often. A good pitcher pitches through the errors and finds a way to make important outs. Say what you will about the Sox offense taking a nap everytime Ritchie pitches. But Ritchie is 3-7 for a reason..... and Valentin's error yesterday had nothing to do with the 6 previous shellackings. does anybody remember that ray made a error in that inning as well.

duke of dorwood
06-02-2002, 02:41 PM
THis whole thing maybe coming unglued.

WinningUgly!
06-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
THis whole thing maybe coming unglued.

It is & it's time for a change. I've loved Manos for the past few seasons, but it's time to deal him away & make room for Crede.

doublem23
06-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

It is & it's time for a change. I've loved Manos for the past few seasons, but it's time to deal him away & make room for Crede.

:hitless
Yay! I get to stay at short for years and years. Eat that, Sox fans!

:ohno

KVinc
06-02-2002, 06:36 PM
yes its true we must trade Jose so we can get :Crede up here.

And ray too must go so Hollywood Willy Harris can come up and clean house and learn from Kenny for one year.

But as for royce i think people have been forgetting his rightful sucessor