PDA

View Full Version : Metrodome Seating

MarkZ35
06-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I know that the place is a dump but I'm looking to go there in July for one of the Sox series. Anyways does anybody know how the upper deck works there? Is it all GA like the bleachers at Wrigley? Any help would be great. Thanks

MUsoxfan
06-05-2009, 04:15 PM
It's assigned seating

06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
It's assigned seating

Outfield upper deck between the foul lines is GA, non-assigned, seating.

TwinKess
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
The two sections behind home plate in the upper deck are not aweful. The lower deck left outfield seats are decent for the price as well.

Don't bother with the GA upper deck seats. Those are gawd-awfull.

KenBerryGrab
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
You can get a decent deal on the seats down the right-field line downstairs, near the Sox bullpen. Lots of Sox fans there. The bullpen guys often flip balls to those in Sox gear.

MarkZ35
06-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks. It sounds like the cheap seats aren't worth the price so I may try and get by the Sox bullpen.

Foulke You
06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
When I went there in 2004, the seats in LF on the lower level are GA and a good value for the price. It is a good view of the field too. If you get there early enough, you can move pretty close to the wall to the left of the "foul net". You can also enjoy the A/C manipulation from those seats as the "wind" will be blowing on your back when the Sox are batting. Stay away from "Dome Dogs", have fun, and bring back a White Sox winner.

october23sp
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
When I went there in 2004, the seats in LF on the lower level are GA and a good value for the price. It is a good view of the field too. If you get there early enough, you can move pretty close to the wall to the left of the "foul net". You can also enjoy the A/C manipulation from those seats as the "wind" will be blowing on your back when the Sox are batting. Stay away from "Dome Dogs", have fun, and bring back a White Sox winner.

Yeah no kidding, one of the most rancid looking things ever. The place is an absolute dive, though so enjoy yourself.

MarkZ35
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I've heard about those dome dogs but was is actually on it?

MUsoxfan
06-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah no kidding, one of the most rancid looking things ever. The place is an absolute dive, though so enjoy yourself.

I've been to a couple games there and I don't think it's so bad. The worst part is sitting low in the main level because it takes forever to get out.

Nellie_Fox
06-06-2009, 03:43 AM
I've been to a couple games there and I don't think it's so bad. The worst part is sitting low in the main level because it takes forever to get out.It's horrible. It's an upside-down concrete bowl. Everything is gray or blue. It's no place to watch a baseball game.

I'll be there for the Sox game on my birthday, but I hate the Humpdome.

DumpJerry
06-06-2009, 08:13 AM
One more piece of advice:

Given how we play there in years even when the team kicks ass generally, you might need to load up on these:
:prozac

bridgeportcopper
06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Say what you will about the dome in general, but I really enjoyed the Dome Dog......better than what we have at the Cell these days.

october23sp
06-06-2009, 02:19 PM
It's horrible. It's an upside-down concrete bowl. Everything is gray or blue. It's no place to watch a baseball game.

I'll be there for the Sox game on my birthday, but I hate the Humpdome.

That is NO way to spend your birthday, Nellie, inside a dome.:redneck

Southsider101
06-06-2009, 07:51 PM
My two cents worth from someone who has seen way too many game at the Metrodump:

Stick to the first 10 rows of the upper deck between first and third. The site line here are pretty good. Usually you can get UD seats behind home plate within two weeks notice. Remember that this joint was built for football and most seats do not face home plate. This means that if you get lower deck seats along the foul lines, chances are that you will wake up with one stiff neck the next morning.