PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Boston and NYY are the class of AL...again

Fenway
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
After watching the Red Sox sweep Murder City in Detroit I have come to the conclusion that Boston and NYY are the best teams in a VERY BAD LEAGUE in 2009

Shaughnessy agrees

Dan Shaughnessy
Sense of order has been restored (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/06/04/sense_of_order_has_been_restored)

JB98
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Order has been restored? Says who?

There have been a couple years this decade where Boston and NYY were the two best teams in the league. But it hasn't been that way every year. Far from it.

MUsoxfan
06-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Ummm....

The ASG is a month away from being played. I still think that BOS is dog**** and the NYY are a bigger lump of dog****.

Whitesoxfan23
06-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Ummm....

The ASG is a month away from being played. I still think that BOS is dog**** and the NYY are a bigger lump of dog****.

We may not be fans of the Red Sox or Yankees, but we can't deny that they probably are the best teams in the AL.

FloridaTigers
06-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Order has been restored?

Too bad. The last years of "disorder" were much more enjoyable than the Pedro-Zimmer years.

palehozenychicty
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
It's only the first week of June. I know that Danny boy said that the Blow Sox would beat Tampa in the LCS and win the World Series last year. He was wrong. I feel that he's wrong here too.

MushMouth
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
**** the Yankees, **** the Red Sox, **** ESPN

Big D
06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Why bother playing the rest of the season? Just skip to the ALCS now.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
**** the Yankees, **** the Red Sox, **** ESPN

I agree, though I would switch the order. Down with ESPN! :angry:

SoxGirl4Life
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh please. We should bow down and wait for NY and Boston to kick our butts. GMAB

cbotnyse
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I predict both will miss the playoffs.

This thread blows.

doublem23
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I predict both will miss the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it looks like one of them will make it out of the East. Hoping for an upset in the Wild Card, though.

This thread blows.

:yup:

"Order has been restored?" What a ****ing prick thing to say, especially since the guy is covering a team that didn't win a World Series for 80+ years. Isn't "order" the Red Sox sucking?

cbotnyse
06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Isn't "order" the Red Sox sucking?:nod: :nod: :nod:

LoveYourSuit
06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Ummm....

And that makes us the Sox, what?

VenturaFan23
06-05-2009, 12:52 PM
**** this guy and his "our **** doesn't stink" article. This is pretty much bulletin board material for the rest of the AL.

Domeshot17
06-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Typical Fenway stirring the pot while ****ting out Boston Propaganda.

Maybe The Red Sox will have better fate then the Celtics Bruins and Patriots, all recently knocked out of the playoffs by teams seeded lower than them, or missing them completely.

VenturaFan23
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Maybe The Red Sox will have better fate then the Celtics Bruins and Patriots, all recently knocked out of the playoffs by teams seeded lower than them, or missing them completely.

We're supposed to feel sorry for them, remember? :rolleyes:

AnkleSox
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM

The only time I've felt bad for anyone in Boston was when Martin Sheen's character died in The Departed, and he's not even real.

johnnyg83
06-05-2009, 01:41 PM
he's not even real.

He's real to me. And to his family.

doublem23
06-05-2009, 01:51 PM
The only time I've felt bad for anyone in Boston was when Martin Sheen's character died in The Departed, and he's not even real.

I feel kind of bad for Crispus Attucks.

johnnyg83
06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
And Robert Urich on Spenser for Hire. Those were some pretty thin scripts.

guillensdisciple
06-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Does papi know that order has been restored and has it shown in his hitting?

Did the yankees make big on their one through 5 rotation or do they still have holes in it?

Did the Cubs win the world series in the past 100 years?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then order is restored. if no, then chaos has ensued and all teams in the American League have a chance.

spawn
06-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I feel kind of bad for Crispus Attucks.
No doubt. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

crashwave
06-05-2009, 05:19 PM
They are the two best teams at the moment, but they're not even playing at a .600 clip.

And I call bull**** on the VERY BAD LEAGUE. What it seems to be is more balanced. When a Red Sox/Yankees fan complains about the quality of the league, what they really mean is "Why are there are only three of our guys in the All-star starting lineup?"

palehozenychicty
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
No doubt. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

For real.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Typical Fenway stirring the pot while ****ting out Boston Propaganda.

Though I can't stand the force-fed east coast crap that national sports orgs, like ESPN, spew...this guy is writing an article for the Boston Globe. You can't blame the guy for writing toward his demographic.

WSox597
06-06-2009, 07:03 AM

Never happen. The last good thing to come out of Boston happened in the late 18th century.

Same with NYC. Although I certainly felt bad for the people of NYC in 2001, it didn't translate to the Yankmees.

After witnessing some of the punks playing for the Celts, I was glad to see them lose to the Magic.

Railsplitter
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
What else would you expect from the nimrod who cooked up that Bambino curse thing?

Foulke You
06-06-2009, 11:21 PM
They are the two best teams at the moment, but they're not even playing at a .600 clip.

And I call bull**** on the VERY BAD LEAGUE. What it seems to be is more balanced. When a Red Sox/Yankees fan complains about the quality of the league, what they really mean is "Why are there are only three of our guys in the All-star starting lineup?"
I agree about your opinion on the American League. I think we are just starting to see NFL like parity which has made the league wide open for now. The season is only 1/3 complete and there are still some surprises left for this baseball year. Inevitably some team always gets red hot in the 2nd half and surprises everyone. I'm hoping that team this year plays at 35th and Shields.:cool:

TheVulture
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't count out the Angels just yet - they've still got some pitching.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't count out the Angels just yet - they've still got some pitching.
You'd just hope that they wouldn't face the Red Sox come playoff time. We all know how those match-ups go for the Halos.