PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede distress call.....SOS!....


capn12
06-02-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm hearing it, are you guys? Its Joe Crede yelling, "What do I have to do to get out of this hellhole Charlotte???"

Joe homered in his third straight game, accounting for the Knights only run. Borchard was 2-4 also. So lets see, here are the numbers so far:

Crede .315 BA, 27 R, 53 H, 14 2B, 10 HR, 28 RBI, 17 BB, 25 K's, .567 Slg% in 168 ABs

Borchard .315 BA, 21 R, 40 H, 9 2B, 8 HR, 21 RBI, 16 BB, 34 K's, .577 Slg% in 127 ABs

Crede has NO business having to play baseball in the shoebox in Charlotte, plain and simple.....

RedPinStripes
06-02-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by capn12
I'm hearing it, are you guys? Its Joe Crede yelling, "What do I have to do to get out of this hellhole Charlotte???"

Joe homered in his third straight game, accounting for the Knights only run. Borchard was 2-4 also. So lets see, here are the numbers so far:

Crede .315 BA, 27 R, 53 H, 14 2B, 10 HR, 28 RBI, 17 BB, 25 K's, .567 Slg% in 168 ABs

Borchard .315 BA, 21 R, 40 H, 9 2B, 8 HR, 21 RBI, 16 BB, 34 K's, .577 Slg% in 127 ABs

Crede has NO business having to play baseball in the shoebox in Charlotte, plain and simple.....

Get em here now KW! :angry:

Chisox_cali
06-02-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Get em here now KW! :angry:

Hey we are the small market team that can't afford to take on new salary...so let's just promote within the system and let's let these kids play!!!!!!!!

Mathew
06-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Crede .315 BA, 27 R, 53 H, 14 2B, 10 HR, 28 RBI, 17 BB, 25 K's, .567 Slg% in 168 ABs

Borchard .315 BA, 21 R, 40 H, 9 2B, 8 HR, 21 RBI, 16 BB, 34 K's, .577 Slg% in 127 ABs

:hitless is that all? What about his defence?

:butter what about my numbers?

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Get em here now KW! :angry:

And what have we been screaming for the last year,RPS??

Jerry_Manuel
06-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Hey we are the small market team that can't afford to take on new salary...so let's just promote within the system and let's let these kids play!!!!!!!!

That's fine, but you still have to pay these lazy ass veterans anyway.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2002, 11:25 AM
...I just about to say the same thing about Crede and Borchard. I don't understand why those two aren't on the Major League roster yet. They deserve to be playing for the Sox, especially Crede, who has continued to improve as he waits for his chance. I hope he gets an opportunity soon. He's only 23, I think, but time passes quickly. It won't be long before he's 25, and the Sox will say he's too old to develop.

I don't understand Kenny Williams at all. He has players at Triple-A who are better than some of the players the Sox have on their roster. I still don't understand why Royce Clayton is playing everyday, while Crede toils in the minors. With Jose Valentin nursing a bad ankle, now is the time to bring Crede up and give him some at bats. I don't think I'm asking for much. I am not asking Manuel to play him everyday, but he needs to get more experience at the big league level. The Sox have a good, veteran team, but they must develop some of their young players as they win in order to remain competitive when the Frank Thomases of the world decide to retire.

The White Sox would be wise to look at what the Yankees and Braves have done, in particular. Both teams, especially the Yankees of late, have done well mixing verterans with young players. They first tried this with Derek Jeter back in 1995, giving him a small amount of playing time late in the season after calling him up in July. The following year, his first full season in the Majors, he won the Rookie of the Year award. They have done the same with Alfonso Soriano, and he has become a good player, improving greatly from last season to this one.

I don't think I need to say anyting more about either player. Everyone here should understand my point. It's important to win, but it is also crucial that young players get a chance to improve and develop. An underrated aspect of mixing young and old players is that the younger players will benefit from the experience and guidance that a player such as Frank Thomas can provide. The way thing have been going over the past week, I don't any reason not to bring Crede or Borchard up in order to give them some playing time. It wouldn't hurt.

I would hate to see Jerry Manuel follow in the footsteps of Dumb Failure, who refused to give younger players any time until the Cubs imploded this season. They sucked so bad that they were forced to bring up Bobby Hill and Mark Prior- who lost last night. I don't want the same thing to happen to the White Sox, because it should be obvious to everyone that they have a better ballclub than the Cubs.

Jerry_Manuel
06-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...I just about to say the same thing about Crede and Borchard. I don't understand why those two aren't on the Major League roster yet. They deserve to be playing for the Sox, especially Crede, who has continued to improve as he waits for his chance. I hope he gets an opportunity soon. He's only 23, I think, but time passes quickly. It won't be long before he's 25, and the Sox will say he's too old to develop.

I don't understand Kenny Williams at all. He has players at Triple-A who are better than some of the players the Sox have on their roster. I still don't understand why Royce Clayton is playing everyday, while Crede toils in the minors. With Jose Valentin nursing a bad ankle, now is the time to bring Crede up and give him some at bats.

A few things:

1. Crede is out of options, so if you bring him up now, they can't send him back down. So lets say Jose get hurt, and goes on the DL. Fine, you could play Crede for 2 weeks, than Jose comes back and where does Joe play? Your not going to sit Jose at his salary. Your not going to sit Royce because of his salary. So now what? Joe's sitting on the bench.

2. Royce Clayton plays everyday because his salary lets him.

3. Borchard is not here yet, because if there is a strike he can't play any minor league ball.

SoxxoS
06-02-2002, 11:56 AM
<<<1. Crede is out of options, so if you bring him up now, they can't send him back down. So lets say Jose get hurt, and goes on the DL. Fine, you could play Crede for 2 weeks, than Jose comes back and where does Joe play? Your not going to sit Jose at his salary. Your not going to sit Royce because of his salary. So now what? Joe's sitting on the bench.>>>

Well, that has to tell KW that a trade is in order. Whether its Durham, Clayton (highly unlikely, would you want him?) or Manos. I say give up Corwin Malone and one of those players for a good starting pitcher. A lot of you are probably thinking that you dont want to give up Corwin Malone. He is at a real high premiem RIGHT NOW. He isnt worth anything if we bring him up and he struggles (I.E. Wright, Garland, Wells, Rauch) If you would have traded those guys while they were tearing up the minors, you could have got the world for them. Now, what are we going to get for Rauch, 2000 minor league player of the year? Exactly.

Tragg
06-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


A few things:
Your not going to sit Jose at his salary. Your not going to sit Royce because of his salary. So now what? Joe's sitting on the bench.

2. Royce Clayton plays everyday because his salary lets him.



This notion of players playing because they earn more money is absurd (i'm not saying the Sox don't reason that way - what I'm saying is the reasoning is ridiculous).

Salary is water under the bridge.

The choice is pay a salary AND have a stiff in the field AND NOT develop young players. OR

pay a salary AND develop young players.

Anyone in business knows you don't lament a sunk cost - it's called cutting your losses.
I see no need to bring borchard up - what we really need to do is wake carlos lee up (if for no other reason than to make him palatable trade bait). And the only reason to play both clayton and valentin that i can see is so that we can trade them in 2 months - yet no one wants those 2 (perhaps valentin has a little value, but i doubt it).