PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Billy Pierce jersey?

soxfandoug
06-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a Billy Pierce White Sox jersey. Does anybody know where I can find one? I saw a signed one on eBay a while back, I think it was 1959 style. I've never seen an unsigned one. I didn't see anything on eBay, Grandstand, or Triple Threat Sports' websites. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Doug

cbotnyse
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
If Grandstand doesn't have it, I bet they would make it for you.

soxfan21
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Mitchell & Ness have them at their online shop, and they are about as authentic as you can get if you have the cash, but IMO they are worth every cent.

PalehosePlanet
06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Mitchell & Ness have them at their online shop, and they are about as authentic as you can get if you have the cash, but IMO they are worth every cent.

Actually they only carry Fox and Aparicio from that era.

I do remember that at one time Grandstand had permission from Mitchell & Ness to create their own Bill Melton jersey because M&N only made a Dick Allen in that style (home and road.)

I would ask them if it's at all possible. Otherwise you would have to find a bootleg version.

soxfandoug
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I called Grandstand, and they said they cannot make Billy Pierce jerseys.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I would LOVE to have a signed Billy Pierce jersey in my collection, but I think it would be cheesy to get a modern Sox jersey customized with his name and number.

BleacherBandit
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I called Grandstand, and they said they cannot make Billy Pierce jerseys.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I would LOVE to have a signed Billy Pierce jersey in my collection, but I think it would be cheesy to get a modern Sox jersey customized with his name and number.

Start writing letters to Mitchell and Ness. I guess that's all you can do.