PDA

View Full Version : Did Nardi blame Ritchie for the big inning?

Viva Magglio
06-01-2002, 09:31 PM
During the game, I was doing the old "Sox pBp >> " in the chat room. I had the television on mute so that I could hear Rooney & Famer. Meanwhile, Fox Sports miked Nardi Contreras for the game. The inning or so following the big debalce, Fox aired comments made by Nardi in the dugout. In the chat room, I asked what Nardi was saying because I obvioulsy could not hear. Someone in the chat said he was blaming Todd Ritchie for giving up those eight unearned runs. Is this true?

Jerry_Manuel
06-01-2002, 10:04 PM
I didn't hear it, but if he did then he's an ass. That homer that Thome hit was a good pitch, Thome just beat him.

MarkEdward
06-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Nardi was saying that Ritchie wasn't getting his slider over, but his curveball was staying low. I guess you could say he was blaming him for the inning

LongDistanceFan
06-02-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Nardi was saying that Ritchie wasn't getting his slider over, but his curveball was staying low. I guess you could say he was blaming him for the inning that was a generic statement at best by nardi......... did he ever said anthing resembling a second guess of what was happening ut there....

but thanks for posting it

kevingrt
06-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Well... who else would NArdi or you blame it on... you can't blame the whole inning on Durham and Valentin... well I guess you could

CLR01
06-02-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Well... who else would NArdi or you blame it on... you can't blame the whole inning on Durham and Valentin... well I guess you could

No you blame it on Nardi, he never should have come out of the dugout. He should have walked out the back door or something.