PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Gonzalez

twinslayer
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Is anyone else sick of reporters saying Adrian is "The best player nobody knows about?" We all know he is now, thanks to you! But anyway, what a friggin stellar season so far! What's with this guy?

spawn
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
The guy has 22 homers and 43 rbi's. He's having a great season so far. I'm guessing people that don't reside on the West Coast probably haven't heard of him. If he was on the Sox, I'll bet you'd be saying we aren't hearing enough about him. :shrug:

06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Is anyone else sick of reporters saying Adrian is "The best player nobody knows about?" We all know he is now, thanks to you! But anyway, what a friggin stellar season so far! What's with this guy?

You don't hear about him. Outside of MLB Network, ESPN is just starting to make a buzz about his steller start.

He is currently 5th in All Star voting so there are alot of fans not paying attention either.

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
You don't hear about him. Outside of MLB Network, ESPN is just starting to make a buzz about his steller start.

He is currently 5th in All Star voting so there are alot of fans not paying attention either.

Meh. I think that anyone who pays attention to MLB as a whole knows who the guy is. For the casual fans who only care about their team, they probably don't care who he is anyways. As for the AS voting, it's a popularity contest. A lot of deserving guys don't get voted in by the fans. Wasn't Manny 4th in voting? People shouldn't need ESPN to tell them who's good.

Huisj
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Meh. I think that anyone who pays attention to MLB as a whole knows who the guy is. For the casual fans who only care about their team, they probably don't care who he is anyways. As for the AS voting, it's a popularity contest. A lot of deserving guys don't get voted in by the fans. Wasn't Manny 4th in voting? People shouldn't need ESPN to tell them who's good.

This is why Sox fans are always shrugging when we hear things like "best ________ nobody's heard of." We just know too much about the happenings in the rest of the league for these things to seem like news to us.

twinslayer
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Right. If you know baseball, you know this guy. I don't wanna talk about AS voting, it pisses me off as it is.