PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you going to the KC series 4th of July weekend?

Whitesoxfan23
06-03-2009, 02:48 AM
I think I am going to try to go. I am from Oklahoma, so I don't get to see the Sox much. I have only been to the Cell once, Wrigley once to see the Sox, have been to KC twice to see the Sox. I was just curious to see who was all going. Could be cool to meet up with some fellow Sox fans. I believe I am going to attend the Saturday afternoon game, and Sunday afternoon game.

twinslayer
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Ahhhh I was gonna go, but since it WAS Fourth of July, I'm not. It gets a bit busy in cities around that time, so I opted out. Have fun!

manders_01
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm planning on going. Not sure about which or how many games though. Ideally it would be all four! :D: I guess since that's now a month away, I might want to start planning.

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm planning on going. Not sure about which or how many games though. Ideally it would be all four! :D: I guess since that's now a month away, I might want to start planning.
You might want to save some of that money for the Super Bowl parade next February. In Cutler We Trust. :cool::D:

Seriously, you'll have a good time if you do go! The fans couldn't be any nicer, and you'll easily get good tickets. Be sure to spend some quality time in the Plaza neighborhood. It reminded me a lot of downtown Naperville and had some of the highest rated restaurants in Kansas City.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Me and a couple of my buddies will be heading out there for the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games. I'm stoked!

jsg-07
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Anyone who has been to KC to see the sox, do you have any idea what hotel they (the sox) will be staying at?

october23sp
06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone who has been to KC to see the sox, do you have any idea what hotel they (the sox) will be staying at?

I don't know for sure but I don't think they release that information.

jsg-07
06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
No, i get that, I was just wondering if anyone who has been there in the past has run into them before. I know I have a buddy who went to a series in NY and was lucky enough to stay in the same hotel and he said they were extremely nice and was even able to get pic's and autographs from ozzie, dye and garland...

Just thought if I was going, it would be cool to stay where they may be..

manders_01
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
No, i get that, I was just wondering if anyone who has been there in the past has run into them before. I know I have a buddy who went to a series in NY and was lucky enough to stay in the same hotel and he said they were extremely nice and was even able to get pic's and autographs from ozzie, dye and garland...

Their hotels are typically listed in the media guide but I don't have one and I have not been able to access the one via whitesox.com.

chisoxfanatic
06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Their hotels are typically listed in the media guide but I don't have one and I have not been able to access the one via whitesox.com.
I just got my complimentary copy of the 2009 media guide at last night's game, and I couldn't find that information listed. What I did find listed was the hotel the visiting teams stay at while playing here. With that said, I'd imagine this information might be in the Royals' media guide.

JB98
06-04-2009, 10:40 PM

This should be helpful. (http://travel.ballparksofbaseball.com/alcentralhotels.htm)

ohthosechisox
06-04-2009, 11:21 PM

I just went down there for the May 30th and 31st games. I do not know what hotel the team stays at, but my family and I stayed at the Sheridan, which is very nice and also really convenient. They run a shuttle back and forth between the hotel and ballpark for free, but it's also easy to walk back to. Plus, there were a lot of fans staying there - both Royals and Sox.

To those of you who go: have a great time! It's gonna be very very hot for those afternoon games.

canOcorn
06-05-2009, 08:01 AM

This should be helpful. (http://travel.ballparksofbaseball.com/alcentralhotels.htm)

The Fairmont turned into the InterContinental a few years ago. That's where the Sox stay and the coaches all "hang" at the lobby/bar in the morning and after games. Most of the players hit the restaurants and bars in the Plaza and few go to the bars in Westport.

jsg-07
06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks to all for your assistance!

johnnyg83
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
I'll be at at least two ... maybe three ...

Plaza's great, but lots of chains you could find anywhere. Downtown Power & Light District is open air partying with bands and tons of bars/restaurants. Westport bars are fun but (McCoys, 180, Harry's, Harpo's, Kelly's) get sketchy on weekend nights.

And the Sox indeed stay at the Intercontinental, while at the bar one year ... we were surrounded by Sox.

Food: Gates, Oklahoma Joe's, LC's, Jackstack and/or Arthur Bryant's BBQ ... Blanc Burger ... The Peanut (best BLT you'll ever, ever, ever have ... great wings too) ... Winstead's (burger), PLaza III (steak), Westport Flea Market (burger), The Bristol (seafood), Potpie (dinner), Blue Stem (finer dining).

Happy to answer anything specific. KC is a fun and thirsty town.