thomas35forever
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Bitch away, mi amigos.

twinslayer
06-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Awful awful awful

Soxman219
7 shutouts already. That's not good. Back to below .500.

:(:

Nelfox02
anyone else question the pitch around of cust to face Holliday? Both guys have killed us, but Cust is a high stike out guy, and Bartolo is a strike out pitcher you already had 2 outs, so no consideration of the DP, Holliday a better hitter and now with bases bagged you leave Bartolo no margin.......

guillensdisciple
06-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Something tells me Gordon Beckham is being rushed for a reason.

The White Sox need hitting help (I am not being a pessimist- this team is still very good in my opinion). We can't deny that our weakness is our hitting.

ChiSoxFan81
06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Typical Sox. Win a game started by Zack Greinke, then get shutout by a guy making his ML debut. Good times.

tsoxman
06-02-2009, 10:53 PM

The White Sox need hitting help (I am not being a pessimist- this team is still very good in my opinion). We can't deny that our weakness is our hitting.

EXACTLY... the Scotty Pods smoke and mirrors trick will not last long....I have given up on the notion of a lead off guy. Consequently, This team need a healthy Quentin back ASAP, and a competent infielder back up.

Soxman219
Another no-name pitcher owns us. I bet Marazzo gets hit hard his next start.

Boondock Saint
Five innings where the Sox only bring three batters to the plate. Just a weak effort by the offense today.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/eatonad01.shtml?redir
This is Adam Eaton...he makes Todd Ritchie look like Jamie Navarro. But better (just want to make sure we have a frame of reference).
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bergebr02.shtml?redir
This is Brad Bergesen. He's well...Brad Bergesen
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/tallebr01.shtml?redir
This is Brian Tallet...he makes Bartolo Colon look like Bartolo Colon

I'm giving the first 3 examples I could find off the top of my head. These aren't the only three, and they certainly won't be the last three. The fact of that matter is we need an answer from Ozzie and KW as to why we cannot hit LOSER rookie/first time vs. Sox pitchers.

The End.

southsideirish71
06-02-2009, 10:56 PM
According to the Comcast Post Game, pitchers who haven't faced the sox before are 5-1 with a 1.56 ERA this year in their debut against them.

chisoxfanatic
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Hopefully tomorrow night's game isn't like this. Hopefully Betemit doesn't see another second of playing time either.

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
EXACTLY... the Scotty Pods smoke and mirrors trick will not last long....I have given up on the notion of a lead off guy. Consequently, This team need a healthy Quentin back ASAP, and a competent infielder back up.

Where have you been? We've missed you during the winning streak

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
This is Adam Eaton...he makes Todd Ritchie look like Jamie Navarro. But better (just want to make sure we have a frame of reference).

I'm giving the first 3 examples I could find off the top of my head. These aren't the only three, and they certainly won't be the last three. The fact of that matter is we need an answer from Ozzie and KW as to why we cannot hit LOSER rookie/first time vs. Sox pitchers.

The End.

We've missed you too

Nelfox02
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM

The End.

not a new issue this season tho, this has been going on for quite awhile now.........I cant explain why this happens so much

Konerko05

Hopefully soon Quentin can replace Wise and Beckham will replace Fields. The team will be much better at that point.

The Milkman
We've missed you too

And where exactly did we beat first time rookies during the win streak?

ChiSoxFan81
06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
According to the Comcast Post Game, pitchers who haven't faced the sox before are 5-1 with a 1.56 ERA this year in their debut against them.

So basically, if the season ended today, the Cy Young voting would look like this:

1. Zack Greinke
2. Roy Halladay
3. Pitchers making their ML debut vs. White Sox

twinslayer
06-02-2009, 11:05 PM
So basically, if the season ended today, the Cy Young voting would look like this:

1. Zack Greinke
2. Roy Halladay
3. Pitchers making their ML debut vs. White Sox

Haha you got it.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Haha you got it.

This isn't funny...it's disgusting. It's like watching someone die. ..over the course of 3-3.5 hours.

BadBobbyJenks
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM

The End.

Dont worry friend you can keep track in my sig. Its update time.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you, friend. I'm 99% of the time optimistic, but this utter inability to beat losers befuddles me to the point of wanting to bash my head off the wall.

JB98
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM

We might need Beckham's glove in the infield, too.

I really don't want to rush the kid, though.

guillensdisciple
06-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you, friend. I'm 99% of the time optimistic, but this utter inability to beat losers befuddles me to the point of wanting to bash my head off the wall.

Does that mean you have already bashed your head into the wall?

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm on my Blackberry from Northwestern. Staples are much easier than stitches.

Boondock Saint
06-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Some of the over the top hyperbole in this thread is really ****ing annoying, and we're only 2 pages in.

This is gonna be awesome.

ArkanSox
06-02-2009, 11:17 PM
0-8 versus the youngbloods this year. The only thing that I can imagine is that the White Sox hitters are better at adjusting to the pitchers that they know, than they are reacting to the ones they don't know. Let's get them tomorrow.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Some of the over the top hyperbole in this thread is really ****ing annoying, and we're only 2 pages in.

This is gonna be awesome.

Hyperbole? No. It's TRUTH. Aside from the head to the wall stuff...

Let's quit dissecting our English and talk about the Sox getting worked by the new guy.

guillensdisciple
06-02-2009, 11:20 PM

No opinion on this matter- I feel that the White Sox will make the proper decision in his development. As long as they think he will help them win now and put him out there to do so I will not fault them for doing anything wrong.
It is my belief that a player that is supposed to be good, will turn out good, regardless of playing time in the minors. I agree that for some people it matters, but for people who have the god- given talent there should be no difference between developing in the majors and in the minors.

PLease don't scream at me:whiner:.

oeo
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM

Beckham hasn't shown much of a glove...

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
No opinion on this matter- I feel that the White Sox will make the proper decision in his development. As long as they think he will help them win now and put him out there to do so I will not fault them for doing anything wrong.
It is my belief that a player that is supposed to be good, will turn out good, regardless of playing time in the minors. I agree that for some people it matters, but for people who have the god- given talent there should be no difference between developing in the majors and in the minors.

PLease don't scream at me:whiner:.

Why would anyone scream at you?

guillensdisciple
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm on my Blackberry from Northwestern. Staples are much easier than stitches.

Let's quit dissecting our English and talk about the Sox getting worked by the new guy.

Just so you know, I completely agree that it is kind of ridiculous, I just never understood which term was proper: bash your head into the wall, or the one you said.

guillensdisciple
06-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Why would anyone scream at you?

It is a controversial topic, and I don't want anyone to start anything because I am not really into arguing this topic.

Boondock Saint

"Watching someone die over three hours" isn't hyperbole?

Get a ****ing grip.

JB98
Beckham hasn't shown much of a glove...

Maybe not, but from what I saw of him on the tube in the College World Series last year, he has a better glove than Fields and Betemit.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
My late father had a saying, 'if something happens once, it's a fluke...twice it's a coincidence, three times or more, you've got a trend.'

Once again the White Sox looked totally and completely impotent against an 'unknown' pitcher and a kid making his major league debut to boot.

It's the 8th time this year the Sox have faced a starter for the first time and in those eight games they have seen the opposing starter get five wins and two no-decisions.

The only time they hung a loss on one of these pitchers, they only scored two runs.

Folks this is a problem, and it's time to stop making excuses for it.

The cause, in my opinion, is because the Sox have a bunch of free swingers who are not able to make adjustments against guys they haven't seen or guys who throw soft stuff.

I've asked and have been told it's not the advanced scouting material. If that's true then the fault lies completely with said hitters.

I can see where a kid will simply have a good game once in awhile, but five times in eight starts? with two no decisions?

That's beyond the law of averages... that's a problem.

Oh the A's have two more 'no names' going Wednesday and Thursday.

Lip

SoxGirl4Life
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
It is a controversial topic, and I don't want anyone to start anything because I am not really into arguing this topic.

You'll be fine. I think we all know that something needs to do be done with 3rd base. But someone said Beckham isn't good with the glove? That make me a little sad.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
"Watching someone die over three hours" isn't hyperbole?

Get a ****ing grip.

Typical WSI. Let's talk about someone's hyperbole. Let's make comments about how something should have been in TEAL.

How about we get to the point at hand?

:welcome:

thomas35forever
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
My late father had a saying, 'if something happens once, it's a fluke...twice it's a coincidence, three times or more, you've got a trend.'

Once again the White Sox looked totally and completely impotent against an 'unknown' pitcher and a kid making his major league debut to boot.

It's the 8th time this year the Sox have faced a starter for the first time and in those eight games they have seen the opposing starter get five wins and two no-decisions.

The only time they hung a loss on one of these pitchers, they only scored two runs.

The cause, in my opinion, is because the Sox have a bunch of free swingers who are not able to make adjustments against guys they haven't seen or guys who throw soft stuff.

I've asked and have been told it's not the advanced scouting material. If that's true then the fault lies completely with said hitters.

I can see where a kid will simply have a good game once in awhile, but five times in eight starts? with two no decisions?

That's beyond the law of averages... that's a problem.

Oh the A's have two more 'no names' going Wednesday and Thursday.

Lip
Great post. It's going to be tough to climb back in the race if we can't hit no-name pitchers. Clubs will recognize this and shuffle their rotation so their young guns can face us. That will be a problem for us.

Boondock Saint
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Typical WSI. Let's talk about someone's hyperbole. Let's make comments about how something should have been in TEAL.

How about we get to the point at hand?

:welcome:

You are missing my point. My point is that you are overreacting.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Lip just made the POTY and I'm overreacting? Come on. And I'm not sure where that post came from, but please nominate it for POTW and POTY. Look at the facts. I'm not overreacting. I'm just seeing the truth.

slavko
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Your first thought would be that there's a problem with the scouting. And Lip asked the question and was told there's no problem with the scouting. So I conclude that there's a problem with the scouting that the club is denying. Am I that wrong?

Boondock Saint
06-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Lip just made the POTY and I'm overreacting? Come on. And I'm not sure where that post came from, but please nominate it for POTW and POTY. Look at the facts. I'm not overreacting. I'm just seeing the truth.

The difference between Lip's comment and many others in the thread is that he made his point in a logical, level-headed manner. Others have made their point by using over the top, cliff jumping exaggerations.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:43 PM
No. But you claim I am overreacting. I did not say that the problem lies with Greg Walker (Uh, oh! I said it) or the advance scouts. I said therein lies a problem that neither Ozzie nor KW will address. I want to know where the problem lies. I want answers. This is no longer just a "trend," it is an issue.

The Milkman
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
The difference between Lip's comment and many others in the thread is that he made his point in a logical, level-headed manner. Others have made their point by using over the top, cliff jumping exaggerations.

It's called sarcasm. God forbid I would have to put it in teal for people to understand it.

GoGoCrede
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
To add insult to injury, it was freezing at this game. The rain stayed away, as did the Sox bats.

Oh, well. It was great to be at the ballpark. Scotty continues his hitting streak. Our bullpen was solid. I liked what I saw of this Whisler guy. Also, Konerko continues to be solid with his glove.

kevingrt
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Me and my friend both sent our resumes to Brooks Boyer tonight via e-mail for a position as an advanced scout. My friend also will be delivering our resumes to Jerry Reinsdorf's grandson at class tomorrow so he can get them to his Grandpa Jerry. Hopefully my friend does not get fired.

Disgusting.

hawkjt
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
The Sox just do not come out firing when these pitchers are the most vulnerable. Getting two hits and walk in the first and not scoring took away our best chance to really rattle the kid. Then getting back to back walks in the second and doing nothing let him totally settle in.

Come out and beat the next two kids and that will be 3 of 4 vs new pitchers this week and will start to reverse this nasty trend.

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Great post. It's going to be tough to climb back in the race if we can't hit no-name pitchers. Clubs will recognize this and shuffle their rotation so their young guns can face us. That will be a problem for us.

Climb back into the race? Is 3.5 out on June 2nd considered out of the race and needing to climb back in?

This thread is hilarious...

oeo
06-03-2009, 12:12 AM

That would be utterly stupid. I'm sure the Tigers will be shuffling their rotation so we don't see Verlander, Jackson, Galarraga, etc. so we can face some kid they probably don't have a lot of confidence in, in the middle of a pennant race.

If they want to go ahead and do that, I welcome them.

SephClone89
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
That would be utterly stupid. I'm sure the Tigers will be shuffling their rotation so we don't see Verlander, Jackson, Galarraga, etc. so we can face some kid they probably don't have a lot of confidence in, in the middle of a pennant race.

If they want to go ahead and do that, I welcome them.

Well said.

jabrch
06-03-2009, 12:30 AM
This sucks. We lost a game. We suck. Guillen Sucks. Fields sucks. Williams sucks. JR is cheap. KW is stupid. Everoyne sucks. Woe be us....

Absolutely not a drop of perspective...it's as if some people have never followed a baseball season before.

jabrch
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
It's called sarcasm. God forbid I would have to put it in teal for people to understand it.

Or god forbid you use the convention here that works that makes it clear what you are typing....

I don't understand the Teal-Hating. It makes no sense. Why are people opposed to a tool that makes it easy to understand what the **** you are talking about?

RowanDye
06-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I have faith that Wise and Betemit are not going to hurt the team much more. Let's not forget that Ozzie rightfully discarded Jerry Owens this year when he failed to produce...

One thing that hasn't been talked about though, is TCM really cut out to bat second? I would think that Ozzie wouldn't haven't too much more patience with Ramirez' inability to get runners over.

WhiteSox5187
06-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Oh well. We forgot to show up. And I hope to see no more of Betemit at third.

SoxFan1979
06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
I was at the game :(:. Wilson needs to leave NOW. It's not all his fault I'm just picking him as the scapegoat. We can't win if we don't score runs. Scotty Pods continued his awful base running tonight as well. Can't win them all I guess. :whiner:

Rohan
06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
This isn't funny...it's disgusting. It's like watching someone die. ..over the course of 3-3.5 hours.

Gotta find a way to laugh, man. Most of us are pretty huge White Sox fanatics, but sometimes you just have to laugh.

When the White Sox play ball, they REALLY play ball. And when the White Sox lose... They really get killed.

Let's acknowledge that, and hope for another series win!

SoxandtheCityTee
06-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Anyway, the problem with this particular young pitcher seemed to be his wildness, which was not quite enough to put people on base but just enough to keep everyone guessing wrong. I saw his pitch count early on and thought geez, can't we get to this guy? He's struggling to find the zone. But we've all seen effective wildness before, and not just from rookies.

Let's take three of four from the A's and chalk up another series win.

doublem23
06-03-2009, 07:36 AM

No, it's actually pretty funny.

spawn
06-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Man, I guess I was wrong about the gamethread being epic (though I haven't read it yet). This postgame thread is definitely epic. The Sox have won 10 of the last 14 games, and after one loss, everyone is back to jumping off a cliff. This **** is hilarious!!! :rolling:

jabrch
06-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Man, I guess I was wrong about the gamethread being epic (though I haven't read it yet). This postgame thread is definitely epic. The Sox have won 10 of the last 14 games, and after one loss, everyone is back to jumping off a cliff. This **** is hilarious!!! :rolling:

Hilarious isn't my choice of words.

I'd go with this guy...:puking:

Or his big brother....:chunks

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2009, 08:17 AM
C'est la vie at WSI...

kevingrt
06-03-2009, 08:21 AM

I thought this thread was pretty tame for a fairly ugly loss we had last night. 5 pages is nothing. And the comments have not been that insane.

spawn
06-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I thought this thread was pretty tame for a fairly ugly loss we had last night. 5 pages is nothing. And the comments have not been that insane.
This thread be tame compared to other postgame threads, but it's still ****ing funny.

Tragg
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Another key error from our 3--top prospect utility infielder who can't field very well.
1/3 of the lineup is 3rd string talent.
It makes it really tough to win.

doublem23
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM

I don't see you out there, complementing the Sox on beating pitchers having good seasons. Just this past win streak, we have beaten Zack Greinke, Brian Bannister (having a good year, still sub-4.00 ERA), and Zach Duke (2.62 ERA, just outpitched Santana last night).

beasly213
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Once Pods got picked off second base dancing around like a moron I had a bad feeling about this game. Why was he that far off 2nd? It's a long season and I know dumb plays happen to even the best players but seriously it was the first inning and theres a good chance he'll be able to score on a base hit anyways. :scratch:

34 Inch Stick
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't see you out there, complementing the Sox on beating pitchers having good seasons. Just this past win streak, we have beaten Zack Greinke, Brian Bannister (having a good year, still sub-4.00 ERA), and Zach Duke (2.62 ERA, just outpitched Santana last night).

I'd put Saunders in that group as well.

The Milkman
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM

There's a reason I don't post much, period. It's because I don't get worked up when we win, and too worked up when we lose. I know we've won 10 of 14. But there's a disturbing trend that cannot be explained, and I've hit my personal boiling point.

Because I don't have 22,000 posts doesn't mean I'm not on here listening. It doesn't mean I'm not happy that we won a game Greinke started (we didn't beat him) or that we've been playing extremely well. I'm pissed off about a ridiculous trend that no one can explain. Laughing it off doesn't explain it. Saying we've won 10 of 14 doesn't explain it.

doublem23
06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
There's a reason I don't post much, period. It's because I don't get worked up when we win, and too worked up when we lose. I know we've won 10 of 14. But there's a disturbing trend that cannot be explained, and I've hit my personal boiling point.

Because I don't have 22,000 posts doesn't mean I'm not on here listening. It doesn't mean I'm not happy that we won a game Greinke started (we didn't beat him) or that we've been playing extremely well. I'm pissed off about a ridiculous trend that no one can explain. Laughing it off doesn't explain it. Saying we've won 10 of 14 doesn't explain it.

Fair enough, but when you only to show up to post when the Sox have the audacity to lose during a 2-week stretch when they have the best record in the American League, you come off like a :whiner::whiner::whiner:

Also, FWIW, Mazzaro is a highly touted prospect for the A's. :dunno: Sometimes, good prospects turn out to be good pitchers.

kittle42
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Maybe Greg Walker is to film of guys how Ozzie is to statistical splits. Not sure that made any sense.

kittle42
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM

It would have avoided this argument. I hate teal, but I have resigned myself to using it because there are just too many people (including myself, on occasion) who would rather jump down people's throats than assume sarcasm.

Woofer
06-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I've personally seen enough of Betemit at third base. I know that Fields is on thin ice right now, but he's the best that we have. I also said that during the 20-1 Twins travesty from a couple of weeks ago. From what I've seen, Jeff Cox would do a better job there, no teal neccessary.

DirtySox
06-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Has it been mentioned that Betemit's fielding percentage at 3B this year is .500?

WisSoxFan
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Has it been mentioned that Betemit's fielding percentage at 3B this year is .500?

:shocked:

KyWhiSoxFan
06-03-2009, 10:42 AM

No. I did not realize it was that high.

GoSox2K3
06-03-2009, 10:46 AM

The End.

Dont worry friend you can keep track in my sig. Its update time:

2009 CY Young Contenders: Kyle Davies, Matt Harrison, Brad Bergesen, Adam Eaton, Brian Tallet, Chris Jakubauskas, Scott Richmond, Vin Mazzaro

You guys are just making this up in your paranoid minds. The WSI brain trust says the Sox struggles against unaccomplished pitchers is just fiction, so Comcast must have gotten their stats wrong.

Gio Gonzalez!!! We clobbered Gio last year!!! There, that proves that you panicky idiots are wrong! Remember the Gio game!

WhiteSoxFTW
06-03-2009, 10:49 AM

I had a bad feeling about this game as soon as I saw he was in the lineup.

And, even though Wise made his second great play in CF in as many days, I'd still rather have seen BA in the lineup last night.

doublem23
06-03-2009, 10:50 AM
You guys are just making this up in your paranoid minds. The WSI brain trust says the Sox struggles against unaccomplished pitchers is just fiction, so Comcast must have gotten their stats wrong.

Gio Gonzalez!!! We clobbered Gio last year!!! There, that proves that you panicky idiots are wrong! Remember the Gio game!

Got an axe to grind there?

I didn't realize going absolutely insane after the Sox lost only for the 4th time in the last 14 games is now rational, level headed behavior.

GoSox2K3
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
C'est la vie at WSI...

Yes, WSI should be a place where people are forbidden to complain about the Sox laying an egg against EIGHT nobody pitchers already this year....or being shut out 7 times already this year.

hi im skot
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
We're still only 3.5 games back, with a ton of games left on the home stand.

:shrug:

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, WSI should be a place where people are forbidden to complain about the Sox laying an egg against EIGHT nobody pitchers already this year....or being shut out 7 times already this year.

Nobody's forbidding it. If people want to make stupid comments they can...

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM

Yep...

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Stop trying to blind a raging lion with sunlight.

jabrch
06-03-2009, 11:07 AM

If winning 10 of 14 is your boiling point, I hope you boil more.

ktssox
06-03-2009, 11:20 AM

The End.

I'll give you Eaton, and perhaps even Bergensen, but Tallet is actually having a really good year. Aside from one terrible start against KC, he's not allowed more than 3 runs in his nine starts. That is far from a LOSER pitcher. I get what you're saying, though. These games vs. rookies can be extremely frustrating.

hi im skot
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Stop trying to blind a raging lion with sunlight.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/highfive.jpg

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 11:25 AM
If winning 10 of 14 is your boiling point, I hope you boil more.

Where's your perspective, jabrch?!?!??!! ALL of those 10 wins happened prior to yesterday! What have they done for me LATELY! I mean seriously, the Sox lost to a rookie pitcher making his first start - something they have done regularly this season. If it continues they are sure to be doomed. In fact teams will rearrange their roatations to bring up no name AAA pitchers to face them and crush all hope from the season. Yesterday's loss is the hammer of doom on our season. 3.5 games out on June 3rd. They'll never climb back into the race at this rate...

:rolleyes:

jabrch
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
where's your perspective, jabrch?!?!??!! All of those 10 wins happened prior to yesterday! What have they done for me lately! I mean seriously, the sox lost to a rookie pitcher making his first start - something they have done regularly this season. If it continues they are sure to be doomed. In fact teams will rearrange their roatations to bring up no name aaa pitchers to face them and crush all hope from the season. Yesterday's loss is the hammer of doom on our season. 3.5 games out on june 3rd. They'll never climb back into the race at this rate...

idiot

It's Dankerific
06-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Where's your perspective, jabrch?!?!??!! ALL of those 10 wins happened prior to yesterday! What have they done for me LATELY! I mean seriously, the Sox lost to a rookie pitcher making his first start - something they have done regularly this season. If it continues they are sure to be doomed. In fact teams will rearrange their roatations to bring up no name AAA pitchers to face them and crush all hope from the season. Yesterday's loss is the hammer of doom on our season. 3.5 games out on June 3rd. They'll never climb back into the race at this rate...

Remember the last 2 weeks and forget the horrible stretch at the same time? Anyone see that we are still below .500?

Below .500 = problem.

doublem23
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Remember the last 2 weeks and forget the horrible stretch at the same time? Anyone see that we are still below .500?

Below .500 = problem.

Yeah, but (IMO) that's kind of alleviated by the fact that it's only the 1st week of June and the Sox are only 1 game under .500 right now.

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but (IMO) that's kind of alleviated by the fact that it's only the 1st week of June and the Sox are only 1 game under .500 right now.

And they were 7 games under and 6 games back on 5/18. At this rate it's gonna take 4 more weeks to get into first. I have no idea how I can deal with that long of a wait...

They better win 4/5 at least against the Kittens or the season is OVAH!

It's Dankerific
06-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Thats the silver lining to the bad situation.

And they were 7 games under and 6 games back on 5/18. At this rate it's gonna take 4 more weeks to get into first. I have no idea how I can deal with that long of a wait...

They better win 4/5 at least against the Kittens or the season is OVAH!

That is also a lack of perspective. They're playing at a very high clip in the short term. Over the longer term of the season, they've played below .500.

Your statement is optimistic and thats good. However, its lacking just as much perspective as the folks who are up in arms about last night's turd display.

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
This is getting out of hand. The weather hasn't even warmed up yet, Quentin's been out, and the team is only now starting to find a regular lineup. We're only 3 games off where we were last year, and it's June 3rd. We're 3.5 out in early June. That's how far we were back in late July for the White Flag trade. It's a marathon, not a sprint guys.

voodoochile
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Thats the silver lining to the bad situation.

That is also a lack of perspective. They're playing at a very high clip in the short term. Over the longer term of the season, they've played below .500.

Your statement is optimistic and thats good. However, its lacking just as much perspective as the folks who are up in arms about last night's turd display.

There's at least a little more perspective because mine reaches back 16 days while theirs reaches back 16 hours.

After Monday, the Sox were AT .500 which over the course of 162 games spread out over 6 months is just as valid a reference point as today's is. You want perspective, wait until the end of the home stand and then let's have this discussion.

It's Dankerific
06-03-2009, 12:38 PM
There's at least a little more perspective because mine reaches back 16 days while theirs reaches back 16 hours.

After Monday, the Sox were AT .500 which over the course of 162 games spread out over 6 months is just as valid a reference point as today's is. You want perspective, wait until the end of the home stand and then let's have this discussion.

And after Sunday, the Sox were BELOW .500, on Saturday too, Friday, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday, Sunday....

Every team, even the really ****ty ones are going to have a good 2 week stretch.

At the end of the homestand we'll certainly have more perspective. But its June and we are below .500. This nice little streak should mean about as much as the streak in mid may where we lost for 2+ weeks.

balke
06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I've seen or heard about 20 programs trying to save Walker's job. The usual line is "The job of the hitting coach is to be the team's therapist".

Well Walker must be some kind of hypnotherapist who's taken control of Kenny's mind. The only hope I had for him was how well Quentin did when he got here last year. But, injury or not Quentin has been popping up chasing hr's all season.

I'm done with this guy. It's time for a new therapist, and a scapegoat. I don't care what they say. Show the fans that this team is going to be different offensively 2-3 years from now with the young guys. Let the players confide in a hitting coach who doesn't let them blow every single big inning opportunity that comes to fruition.

Chicken Dinner
06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I've seen or heard about 20 programs trying to save Walker's job. The usual line is "The job of the hitting coach is to be the team's therapist".

Well Walker must be some kind of hypnotherapist who's taken control of Kenny's mind. The only hope I had for him was how well Quentin did when he got here last year. But, injury or not Quentin has been popping up chasing hr's all season.

I'm done with this guy. It's time for a new therapist, and a scapegoat. I don't care what they say. Show the fans that this team is going to be different offensively 2-3 years from now with the young guys. Let the players confide in a hitting coach who doesn't let them blow every single big inning opportunity that comes to fruition.

It's Kenny's job to provide talent. :?:

balke
06-07-2009, 09:28 PM
It's Kenny's job to provide talent. :?:

Fields hit 23 hrs in half a season his first time up. He hit in Spring Training, he can't hit now. Are we gonna let Getz start out good like this and not hit next year? Are we going to trust Beckham with this guy?

There's plenty of talent on this team. Beckham, Quentin, Getz, Alexei all young. Konerko and Dye are talented. Magically collectively they can't hit with runners on the base paths. How is there not talent?

I'm sick of the whining about the talent. The only weak spot hitting wise should be CF, and even Anderson is a semi-mystery how he could have such a good background as a hitter and just be a complete train wreck for the Sox.

Chicken Dinner
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Fields hit 23 hrs in half a season his first time up. He hit in Spring Training, he can't hit now. Are we gonna let Getz start out good like this and not hit next year? Are we going to trust Beckham with this guy?

There's plenty of talent on this team. Beckham, Quentin, Getz, Alexei all young. Konerko and Dye are talented. Magically collectively they can't hit with runners on the base paths. How is there not talent?

I'm sick of the whining about the talent. The only weak spot hitting wise should be CF, and even Anderson is a semi-mystery how he could have such a good background as a hitter and just be a complete train wreck for the Sox.

Then what is talent?

Brian26
06-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure how the June 2 postgame thread got bumped, but it might be less confusing to continue this discussion in today's postgame thread.