PDA

View Full Version : Randy Wells, SP Chicago Cubs,....

getonbckthr
06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Has a no-hitter through 6. My uncle told me the only thing barring a perfect game was a HBP which the hitter faked pretty god and never got hit.

southside rocks
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Chipper Jones broke it up in the 7th.

The Critic
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
REALLY small sample size, but that guy has pitched very well for them early in his callup.

DumpJerry
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Has a no-hitter through 6. My uncle told me the only thing barring a perfect game was a HBP which the hitter faked pretty god and never got hit.
I hate it when those pretty gods get faked.:redneck

WhiteSox1989
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
My friend informed me (well, bragging) that Wells had a no-hitter. She kept going on and on and on...then the no hitter was broke up. And I laughed.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Cubs gave up a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out to tie the game. Poor Randy, he just can't get a break.

getonbckthr
06-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I hate it when those pretty gods get faked.:redneck
Well played sir, well played.

ChiSoxFan81
06-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Cubs gave up a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out to tie the game. Poor Randy, he just can't get a break.

Seriously. They led Houston a 4-0 in the 9th a couple starts ago and Gregg let them tie it. He still doesn't have a win, does he? God, if he starts against the Sox......

getonbckthr
06-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Seriously. They led Houston a 4-0 in the 9th a couple starts ago and Gregg let them tie it. He still doesn't have a win, does he? God, if he starts against the Sox......
The kid looks good. Jim Hendry looks like a ****ing moron. He traded a top prospect for Gregg who sucks. He traded Derosa for 3 mediocre prospects. How much do they wish they had him playing 3rd with Ramirez down? Then to add to the Gregg mistake they let Wood just walk away not even any arbitration offered.

WizardsofOzzie
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
My friend informed me (well, bragging) that Wells had a no-hitter. She kept going on and on and on...then the no hitter was broke up. And I laughed.
Cubs fans don't understand the concept of humility, no matter how many times fate comes up to bite them in the ass.

JB98
06-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Cubs fans don't understand the concept of humility, no matter how many times fate comes up to bite them in the ass.

True, nothing humbles them. Not even 100 years of suckage.

As for Wells, he's learning quickly the true meaning of being a Cub.

DrCrawdad
06-03-2009, 01:17 AM

The arrogance and condescension of Cubbie fans inspires some to savor their repeated train-wrecks.

BringBackBlkJack
06-03-2009, 09:11 AM

I was at the game and it appeared Escobar got nailed. Trainer came out and everything. Everyone thought he had gotten drilled. He even half-limped to 1st base and the whole bit. An Academy Award-worthy performance.

Wells pitched well but a lot of the outs were "hang whiffums"... hard-hit balls right at fielders.

It was good to be able to shove a Braves victory back in all those obnoxious Cub fans faces after hearing their crap for most of the game. It was also amusing to point to my 1995 WS Champs patch on my Chipper Jones jersey and ask them why I didn't see any similar patches on their jerseys. :redneck

doublem23
06-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I was at the game and Escobar got nailed. There was no faking about it. Almost hit him square in the face.

Watch the replay. True, Escobar almost took the ball to the face, but it only actually hit his bat.

BringBackBlkJack
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Watch the replay. True, Escobar almost took the ball to the face, but it only actually hit his bat.

Hahaha yeah I just watched the replay and edited my post accordingly. I thought there was no doubt that he got hit.

Viva Medias B's
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
The arrogance and condescension of Cubbie fans inspires some to savor their repeated train-wrecks.

Nailed it. A number of Cub fans talk out of their arse and believe the Cubs are God's gift to baseball.

kittle42
06-03-2009, 10:01 AM

True, nothing humbles them. Not even 100 years of suckage.

Nailed it. A number of Cub fans talk out of their arse and believe the Cubs are God's gift to baseball.

EXACTLY! Their fans act like their team has the history of the Yankees. They do, but in an opposite way.

It is the single most annoying thing about Cubs fans, because it extends across the diehards and the "Wrigley fans" and the trixies. They think they are god's gift, and that everyone should love them, when in reality they should have been spending most of the last 25 years acting like Nationals fans do right now. ****ing despicable.

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 10:45 AM

It even spreads to the media. I'm tired of the guys on the Score asking if this is just a "roadbump" on the way to October glory. They're .500 almost 1/3 into the season. A roadbump is a 5 game losing streak when you're in 1st in August.

Iwritecode
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
EXACTLY! Their fans act like their team has the history of the Yankees. They do, but in an opposite way.

It is the single most annoying thing about Cubs fans, because it extends across the diehards and the "Wrigley fans" and the trixies. They think they are god's gift, and that everyone should love them, when in reality they should have been spending most of the last 25 years acting like Nationals fans do right now. ****ing despicable.

Anybody can have a bad century.

jonred
06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
As a Cubs fan, I really don't care who likes them to tell you the truth. It's funny but I really think it's the fans on both sides of town that makes us dislike each other. I actually like the Sox as a team...good players and seemingly good guys...it's just some Sox fans that ruin it for me---and certainly vice versa.

WizardsofOzzie
06-03-2009, 01:07 PM
As a Cubs fan, I really don't care who likes them to tell you the truth. It's funny but I really think it's the fans on both sides of town that makes us dislike each other. I actually like the Sox as a team...good players and seemingly good guys...it's just some Sox fans that ruin it for me---and certainly vice versa.

It's that way for every team in sports. The Cubs just happen to have such a large following thanks to WGN, that you also get a larger portion of idiots. The more idiots, the more people get sick and tired of them and start to generalize. Nearly everyone I know is a Cubs fan and for the most part barring a few exceptions they are down to earth and aren't the usual "Every year is our year" fans. Then you get people like a guy I know who busted out the W flag at a Cubs game in Cincy in the bottom of the 9th inning. The Reds went on to comeback and win the game and he looked like a total jackass.

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
It's that way for every team in sports. The Cubs just happen to have such a large following thanks to WGN, that you also get a larger portion of idiots. The more idiots, the more people get sick and tired of them and start to generalize. Nearly everyone I know is a Cubs fan and for the most part barring a few exceptions they are down to earth and aren't the usual "Every year is our year" fans. Then you get people like a guy I know who busted out the W flag at a Cubs game in Cincy in the bottom of the 9th inning. The Reds went on to comeback and win the game and he looked like a total jackass.

I was behind a guy today who had a W flag flapping from his car window. I wanted to get beside him and ask him where his L flag was.

kittle42
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I was behind a guy today who had a W flag flapping from his car window. I wanted to get beside him and ask him where his L flag was.

My guess is that most people who own a W flag have no idea there actually is an L flag.

Hitmen77
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM

At least Sox fans don't come up with crap like this:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/True-Believers.html

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 01:36 PM
At least Sox fans don't come up with crap like this:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/True-Believers.html

I just started a thread on this.

guillensdisciple
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I am confused, if they don't stop believing according to the documentary, and we don't stop believing according to Journey, AND we won a World Series, does that mean that our non-stop belief is stronger than theirs?

This has been boggling my mind for the past 20 seconds, and I must get it answered.

ChiSoxFan81
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I am confused, if they don't stop believing according to the documentary, and we don't stop believing according to Journey, AND we won a World Series, does that mean that our non-stop belief is stronger than theirs?

This has been boggling my mind for the past 20 seconds, and I must get it answered.

To answer your question, I believe that our belief stopped when belief became reality.

guillensdisciple
06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
To answer your question, I believe that our belief stopped when belief became reality.

And it all becomes clear.

getonbckthr
06-03-2009, 02:12 PM

The Power of Journey is stronger than that of "Cub Nation"

ewokpelts
06-03-2009, 02:12 PM
my wife's cousin went to school with him. he's a redbird rooter(from belleville)

slavko
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM

We have found the true god.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
The kid looks good. Jim Hendry looks like a ****ing moron. He traded a top prospect for Gregg who sucks. He traded Derosa for 3 mediocre prospects. How much do they wish they had him playing 3rd with Ramirez down? Then to add to the Gregg mistake they let Wood just walk away not even any arbitration offered.

Though they need an actual backup 3B, trading DeRosa was not not a terrible thing. They traded him when his value was at it's highest. 2008 was a career year for that guy. They were making room for Peavy (supposedly) and the epic Milton Bradley ($$). That being said, Hendry is a terrible GM for other reasons.

guillensdisciple
06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Wells pitches another great game, only to have monster marmol give him a no decision. That kid needs to be traded asap.

TDog
06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Wells pitches another great game, only to have monster Marmol give him a no decision. That kid needs to be traded asap.

Or Wells could learn to pitch complete games.

getonbckthr
06-07-2009, 06:55 PM
OrWells could learn to pitch complete games.
I didn't realize Wells was a player/manager.

goon
06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Jesus Christ, I mean Randy Wells, couldn't even get out of the 4th inning against the Twins today. Thanks for the help Cubs.

Randy Wells is the best pitcher no one knows about! Yeah, probably not.

getonbckthr
06-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Jesus Christ, I mean Randy Wells, couldn't even get out of the 4th inning against the Twins today. Thanks for the help Cubs.

Randy Wells is the best pitcher no one knows about! Yeah, probably not.
A) I don't know the weather as far as wind goes at Wrigley
B) So for Wells to be very good he needs to maintain a sub 2 ERA for the whole season? Pitchers have bad games.

goon
06-12-2009, 06:38 PM
He's also faced such juggernaut offenses as Houston, Cincinnati, San Diego, a "Manny-less" LA and Atlanta.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Then there is the Cubs ads this year about Wrigley Field being 'heavens blueprint' or some other arrogant (crap).

DrCrawdad
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
It even spreads to the media. I'm tired of the guys on the Score asking if this is just a "roadbump" on the way to October glory. They're .500 almost 1/3 into the season. A roadbump is a 5 game losing streak when you're in 1st in August.

It spreads to some people who claim to be Sox fans too. Going into the season there were a few WSI posters who ripped me for saying the Cubs had "holes."

Rohan
06-14-2009, 08:07 PM
REALLY small sample size, but that guy has pitched very well for them early in his callup.

This kid is good. His pitches have a ton of motion on them. If he can control that fast ball, he's got quite a career lined up.